Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

I hope 7 drops sooner than later. 6 seems to crash every other day for me. Had rare issues with 5, daily with 4.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

DLing FF7 beta now. How are you using FF9?

Are betas safe to use regularly or should I hold off until a complete release? I would like to set it up and try it out, but that would require deleting FF6 I imagine.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    DLing FF7 beta now. How are you using FF9?

Are betas safe to use regularly or should I hold off until a complete release? I would like to set it up and try it out, but that would require deleting FF6 I imagine.
    http://nightly.mozilla.org/

Yes, in general, betas will work more or less perfectly. There may be some compatibility issues with addons, but that's usually the worst you'll see. And you can install different versions of firefox to different directories, and they'll work fine. You just can't run two different versions at once like that (if you have v5 open and try to open v4 separately, it'll just open a new window of v5).

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Cool, I'll try them out then; thanks!

Edit: Wow, nightly is pretty fast. Also, noscript works it seems.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Nightly is a lot faster than 6.0. Something like 20% or 30% is the actual figure.

Uh.... Firefox 7.0 is out guys...lol

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Are they trying to create the illusion to none FF converts to move to Firefox by creating a high version number to "compete" with IE9? So what I mean is, eventually we'll have FF11 and only IE10 still (judging by the pace it's going) you might get some none technical people thinking "aha, FF is now ahead of IE! Time to switch!"

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Are they trying to create the illusion to none FF converts to move to Firefox by creating a high version number to "compete" with IE9? So what I mean is, eventually we'll have FF11 and only IE10 still (judging by the pace it's going) you might get some none technical people thinking "aha, FF is now ahead of IE! Time to switch!"
    Very good point cause to me that's exactly what it looks like. They should (as well as other companies/organizations) just focus on making a solid good product/service. Fuck the majority and their ignorance! I just downloaded 6 the other day to try it out lol. Oh well so much for that. I can't even find the page where they list the differences in this version. What am I getting besides that 7 in About Firefox?

Old Merits
    BG Level

http://www.differencebetween.com/dif...-vs-firefox-6/ not sure how accurate/in depth it is though

EDIT:: derp, googled 5 v 6

The major difference seems to be memory usage, FF7 uses a lot less memory than 6 (20-40% less)

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Actually I was referring to from 6 to 7 on Mozilla's site. They list changes and bug fixes. Thanks tho, guess I'll check that one out to since I haven't.

EDIT*

found it~

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/6.0/releasenotes/
    http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/7.0/releasenotes/

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Omniyoji View Post
    Very good point cause to me that's exactly what it looks like. They should (as well as other companies/organizations) just focus on making a solid good product/service. Fuck the majority and their ignorance! I just downloaded 6 the other day to try it out lol.
    It's actually been improving quite a bit since 4.0. Incrementing version numbers repeatedly so fast is a bit silly, but it isn't as if they aren't improving it significantly.

Also, anyone not on v9 is doinitrong.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by hey View Post
    It's actually been improving quite a bit since 4.0. Incrementing version numbers repeatedly so fast is a bit silly, but it isn't as if they aren't improving it significantly.

Also, anyone not on v9 is doinitrong.
    More like v10, since 7.0 being released means the Nightly users are going to be on 10 in a few days

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    More like v10, since 7.0 being released means the Nightly users are going to be on 10 in a few days
    Except that 10 isn't out yet, so you can't use it. Like i said, anyone not using v9 is doinitrong. It's really lot better.

Ksandra Needs To Post Tits
    BG Level

Yeah, Nightly is om nom nom nom.

Celeste

Thanks for turning me onto Nightly! It seems neat.

Coming soon to a browser near you: Mozilla Firefox: Hardcore Mode. If your browser crashes, it deletes your hard drive. You have no goddamn hand in this matter. You are fucked. You are completely and utterly fucked beyond all recognition. It installs itself. It is approved by all anti-virus software and operating systems. These are the beginning days of Skynet. The internet has become self-aware and it HATES US ALL.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

v10 is out. Doesn't really seem much different than 9. The only thing i've noticed in the last few mins is memory usage down a bit further, which is always cool i guess.

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

just noticed they added animated png support at some point

woo-hoo?

Ksandra Needs To Post Tits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by hey View Post
    v10 is out. Doesn't really seem much different than 9. The only thing i've noticed in the last few mins is memory usage down a bit further, which is always cool i guess.

I came to post a picture but you already posted. Damn you bat man.

Spoiler: show

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Is firefox9 or 10 more stable then 4 and 5? I'm still using 3 cause having anything more then 10 tabs open risked crashing.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Is firefox9 or 10 more stable then 4 and 5? I'm still using 3 cause having anything more then 10 tabs open risked crashing.
    Seriously, which version will just allow me to browse without crashing? Using such plugins as noscript and adblock.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag