+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

I always keep about 10 tabs open and Firefox never crashes, but they're pretty much all static pages or youtube...

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Also, the UI is 100% customizable, so...
    I'll test it out on my laptop later then and see if I can have it look and function the way I want it to. Frankly I was in the mindset of waiting for 4 to be fine tuned a bit more before changing but apparently super fast overhauls is the new thing. Mandatory things include nice big reload button in a fixed position, and tabs under the url bar.

The majority of my Firefox-related crashes were solely courtesy of its handling of Flash, and that got mostly fixed when they made a plugin-container in version 4 (later refined in 5) for it so it can crash without taking out the browser also.
    Plugin-container is in version 3 as well.

alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynplaine View Post
    Seriously, which version will just allow me to browse without crashing? Using such plugins as noscript and adblock.
    I usually have palemoon 3.6 installed alongside whatever version of firefox I want to try out since it's stable and supports all the extensions I'm used to that break in later versions, don't think I've ever had it crash and I generally have like 60-80 tabs open in various sessions just between shit I click on to read as I'm browsing

Hay guyz Firefox 8 is out!

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

If it's based on Nightly, it's more stable than the current Firefox 7...

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I just got the box to upgrade to 8. Has anyone else had their "Restore Previous Session" button on the homepage stop working recently? Mine's been dead for about a week, but the restore under the history menu works...

Here we go again!

http://www.theverge.com/2011/12/19/2...lable-download

Let's see if this fixes my memory leak problems...

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    Let's see if this fixes my memory leak problems...
    It doesn't really. Memory leaks have been getting a lot better since 6-7, but even as of v11, it's still definitely a big problem.

Though now that i think about it, i guess i only end up restarting it every 2-3 days instead of 2-3 times per day i used to.

Not sure what's new, but Firefox 10 is out now.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Damn, FF's failing on me sometimes it freezes when opening tabs or navigating between them (all add ons disabled) for a second or two, it's annoying. It became more apparent when they decided to crap out a 'new version' every day. I've been using it since netscape died, but if they continue w/ this shit I'm going to abandon ship and install Chrome.

/rantoff

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It became more apparent when they decided to crap out a 'new version' every day
    Funny, i've seen nothing but improvements since then.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

FF 9 was a substantial improvement for me, but I'm not quite ready to upgrade because of this:

For some users, scrolling in the main GMail window will be slower than usual (see 579260)
    Fuck that shit. A bug that bad I wouldn't have fucking shipped.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Jefe View Post
    Damn, FF's failing on me sometimes it freezes when opening tabs or navigating between them (all add ons disabled) for a second or two, it's annoying. It became more apparent when they decided to crap out a 'new version' every day. I've been using it since netscape died, but if they continue w/ this shit I'm going to abandon ship and install Chrome.

/rantoff
    You mean Nightly? It's pre-beta stuff, of course it won't be guaranteed to run flawless.

It's been iffy for me the past week just liking to hard-lock on OSX and hog full CPU, so I've been back to Firefox 10 beta (good thing Mozilla doesn't fuck with the file structure for bookmark/history/etc) for the past week until things restabilize.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Funny because I never said there were no improvements at all, anyways that's some irrelevant shit.

No, I never use nightly or betas. I'm going to upgrade to 10 see if it fixes anything.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Jefe View Post
    Funny because I never said there were no improvements at all, anyways that's some irrelevant shit.

No, I never use nightly or betas. I'm going to upgrade to 10 see if it fixes anything.
    "nothing but improvements" means that i have seen nothing that wasn't an improvment. aka nothing at all has been worse, it's just been getting better and better. Of course the version numbers are indeed misleading, as there really isn't that huge of a difference between v4 and v12 to the point that the version number needed to 3x, but it's still an excellent improvement.

So Firefox 11 came out.... and for some reason adblock plus is not blocking video ads anymore.

Anybody else has this problem?

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I have no issues with adblock using firefox 13, and never did way back when using v11 either.

Hmmm... I changed the filter from EasyList to Fanboy's list and it seems like it fixed the problem.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'm still using v3, should I bother upgrading? Haven't heard good things about the newer versions.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
    I'm still using v3, should I bother upgrading? Haven't heard good things about the newer versions.
    Yes. v3 is terrible. I strongly recommend using nightly builds.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag