The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Just tried your keystroke sequence on my computer, no delay.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Unfortunately I don't think anything short of a video or a very detailed description would let me confirm that you're doing the same thing I'm doing and getting the results I should be seeing.

I almost want to do a reinstall to perform some conclusive tests.. but I'm not going to be able to justify reinstalling in the middle of the semester unless I can afford to get an ssd.

Also I really think flash is fucking my computer up right now. Anybody else having problems with 11.4 r402?

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You sure it wasn't Firefox's virus scanning shit that was hanging it up?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    You sure it wasn't Firefox's virus scanning shit that was hanging it up?
    Not sure, how would I go about screwing with whatever that is to check if it's the problem?

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    It's either a problem with firefox itself
    It's not. No one else has this problem.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    Not sure, how would I go about screwing with whatever that is to check if it's the problem?
    Set browser.download.manager.scanWhenDone to false.

alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by hey View Post
    Set browser.download.manager.scanWhenDone to false.
    As an aside, will a real-time scanner take care of this outside of Firefox anyhow? So, if it were to cause slowdown, take care of that problem without creating a vulnerability?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by hey View Post
    It's not. No one else has this problem.
    I did not experience any lag while saving images->close tab->etc when I was using 3.6. I started experiencing the slight lag in between closing tabs immediately after updating. I definitely would not rule out firefox being part of the problem.

For more testing I just rebooted, started firefox in safe mode, saved some images. When I saved them in a new folder on my G drive there was a slight lag when closing tabs. When I saved them in the usual folder on my C drive that has a bunch of files it hung for a second or two. Saved some images again in the usual folder and there was no hang and there was almost no lag when closing tabs -- but the images never showed itself in the tab because I was too fast, I guess?

I'll try some testing to see if the scan is doing anything next I guess.

edit: I think turning off the firefox-virus scan got rid of the slight lag in between closing tabs. The picture still doesn't appear immediately though, so it's not as perfect as it was in 3.6. At this point I think I'm going to chalk all my problems so far up to flash being a dick and multiple minor things on my computer combining to be a problem.

I'll just consider my problems resolved enough for now, until I eventually get around to reinstalling. If I get the same problems when I have a fresh install then I'm going to have to figure out wtf is wrong lol.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Caiyuo View Post
    As an aside, will a real-time scanner take care of this outside of Firefox anyhow? So, if it were to cause slowdown, take care of that problem without creating a vulnerability?
    Yeah.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Another thing I'm thinking of is that perhaps your Download list file is corrupted, and it's taking longer than it should to add the newest downloaded object to it.

Could always test that by making a backup of the file (Google should point to where it is), and removing the original so it starts with a fresh slate. Also on another note, latest Nightly uses a different means of saving shit in the Download list with the new manager, while Beta/Normal still use the old system.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Upgraded from Firefox 17 x64 to Firefox 18 x64, noticed they removed the usual "lag" from having firefox up and running for a few days... but! Theirs now a constant... "sluggish" response from the UI of firefox while using bookmarks and such on it ;/

At times I'm afraid to upgrade a build since one things fixed anothers broken thats annoying ;/

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

On OSX, Firefox v16 beta was complete garbage for the last week, was only yesterday did they fix its constant pausing and locking-up during scrolling, or taking a year to switch to a tab that has a Flash instance on it.

The latter is probably Adobe's fault though, shit been bad since latest Flash revision.

Firefox 16 official is out via release update channel!

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Does this fix Firefox's hate for everything and anything Flash? This constant lock up should I want to scroll down on Youtube or move to a different page should I be anywhere else and it locks up for a bit is fucking annoying, yes I have latest Flash Player installed.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'm not sure but here's What's new in Firefox 16

Seems they fixed garbage collecting and well, some dev stuff most of us won't even worry about. ^^

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    Does this fix Firefox's hate for everything and anything Flash? This constant lock up should I want to scroll down on Youtube or move to a different page should I be anywhere else and it locks up for a bit is fucking annoying, yes I have latest Flash Player installed.
    I ended up having to enable this (was False by default on my profile for some reason) to maintain sanity on Firefox - https://blog.mozilla.org/security/20...ocklist-style/

Shit's annoying since I visit some websites with youtube guides that load 10+ instances in one page, and it just wrecks the performance of my whole OS until I force-close the browser. The plugin blocker helps since it's built-in, and not via a slow extension like Flashblock.

Wish I could determine the culprit for the horrible performance of Flash embeds getting loaded in, since it's a non-issue on my PC.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I'm experiencing weird things with Firefox.

At work, on WinXP, memory leaks/50% CPU full time/lock ups are common on certain sites I go to, so I end up restarting firefox 3-6 times a day; average 10 tabs open
    At home, on a Vista machine, 100% same setup/addons, no leaks, no locks, no 50% CPUs. I can run firefox for 2 weeks or more with about 20-50 tabs open, average 250mb of memory used
    At home, on a virtual WinXP machine, same setup again, no leaks locks etc, average 30 tabs, only 512mb of RAM, no crashes for 1 year or more. Average 150mb of memory used
    At home, on a superior desktop machine on Windows 7 (i7, 8gb ram), Firefox doesn't lock up, but with only 4 tabs open, memory leaks are experienced. Averaging 3 tabs only. Sometimes going as far as 700mb usage

I don't get it anymore

Again, all of it is the same setup.

One of the reasons I moved to Chrome was because Firefox was upgrading versions so quickly (and I was finding more QA issues with each release) I've been happy in my move to Chrome, but alas, it does not change the fact that I bought 4 Firefox polo shirts.

Firefox 17 (official) is out.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

For those that would like to know what changed, here's the release notes.

It may be since I'm still on windows xp but I haven't noticed much difference other than I finally got my bookmark toolbar back. ^^

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag