+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by TacoTaru View Post
    Until FFXI Helper is compatible with newer versions, I'm sticking to 3.
    Fuckin this! I even sent emails to the dev and nothing yet.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It's really a shame the project wasn't open source or no one made a new one. The fact that you could redirect your search bar to any website you wanted was incredibly convenient as well once the all the hackings started.

Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Even though I don't play much FFXI anymore, I really do miss having the Vana'diel time in the corner of my window.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

at least the UI is the same

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by TacoTaru View Post
    Until FFXI Helper is compatible with newer versions, I'm sticking to 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by calinz View Post
    Fuckin this! I even sent emails to the dev and nothing yet.
    About that..

Works with Firefox 8, it'll work with Firefox 4-6.

Just go into about:config and make "checkCompatibility" false like I did in the screenshot. Should work just fine..

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

You could proly do a quickie hack to get it to work too; tho I abandoned FFXI Helper a long time ago due to I got sick of having to hack it to get it to install at all, as well as those darn links to FFXI Atlus. (All you have to do is d/l the ext with IE, change the extension to .zip, then open it, extract the install.rtf file, then open it up the max version number. Place the doctored file back in the zip file and have it replace, then rename the ext back to *.xpi.)

I just use Add To Search Bar now; but give me a second guys. Aaand done. Here's the hacked version. Pardon the multiupload link, I forgot the info for my web site FTP but I'll put a more direct link up asap. WARNING! I have not tested this. But if forcing it to not check compat version works, this should work. I've set the version number up to 8.0.* so won't have to do it for quite a while.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tymon View Post
    About that..

Works with Firefox 8, it'll work with Firefox 4-6.

Just go into about:config and make "checkCompatibility" false like I did in the screenshot. Should work just fine..
    Didn't work for me on Firefox 5 on the office computer. The vana'diel clock was all messed up and had ? symbols instead of the corresponding icons and time. And that's more important to me than the search fields since it has schedules for the airships and guilds.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Actually calinz; I use VanaMini for my clock now. If you have a Ipod, Ipad or Iphone, it's even better than FFXI Helper, clock wise. (And comes with some nice bells n'whistles to boot.). The only drawback is it costs a few bucks to get.

If you're broke, keep a Firefox window on the clock that extension got its clock FROM: MithraPride Clock. Only thing to remember is do not trust the marble bridge favoritism there at. all. They haven't updated it EVER and it is missing both Wings of the Goddess jobs and Tales of Aht Urghan jobs, which puts that feature 5 hours off. The one on vana'mini is actually up to date. (I did tell the author of vana'mini about that lazy...and he fixed his. No fixing MP tho or any app/extension that hasn't noticed that little detail...)

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Elizara View Post
    Actually calinz; I use VanaMini for my clock now. If you have a Ipod, Ipad or Iphone, it's even better than FFXI Helper, clock wise. (And comes with some nice bells n'whistles to boot.). The only drawback is it costs a few bucks to get.
    For android users, there is a clock app called Vana'diel Timepiece for free in the marketplace.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Installed it yesterday and it screwed up all my add ons. It reinstalled them or something. I got like seven or eight tabs that popped up saying, "Thank you for adding" etc like when you first install them. Also the current Java version says it's incompatible with 6 along with several other plug ins.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Already getting invited to download the 7.0 Beta.

Um.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I installed it a few days ago(It wouldn't update normally so I d/led the install from their site and installed); it didn't reinstall any of my addons tho the java console did get disabled. (Java still works tho so not upset, and the company will prolly come up with a update soon)

But then again I don't have a lot of addons. Adblock Plus, Noscript, IEtab2, Add To Search Bar, WOT, and Status4Evar, and that's it at the moment.

Oh and Noscript installed another version this morning but they're always doing that. ^^

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

These constant updates wouldn't bother me if they'd just quit moving shit around on the UI for no reason.

Banned.

BG Level

Happy with 6 (rarely use java and when I do is trusted sites so IE works there) but wtf 7 beta already :s

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kerberoz View Post
    These constant updates wouldn't bother me if they'd just quit moving shit around on the UI for no reason.
    I've yet to have any UI adjustments since 4. Granted I'm also on OSX, so perhaps they're fucking around on the Windows side more because IE9/Chrome have taken their own approaches to fucking with user interfaces since there isn't a set way of doing things.

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    Already getting invited to download the 7.0 Beta.

Um.
    Nightly releases already on v8.

v7's main update seems to primarily be better memory management, which has gotten worse over the past few updates.

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    I've yet to have any UI adjustments since 4. Granted I'm also on OSX, so perhaps they're fucking around on the Windows side more because IE9/Chrome have taken their own approaches to fucking with user interfaces since there isn't a set way of doing things.
    They're really minor changes, like moving "recently closed tabs" to the top of the history menu. It doesn't matter at all, but it makes me ask "Why?"

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Kerberoz View Post
    They're really minor changes, like moving "recently closed tabs" to the top of the history menu. It doesn't matter at all, but it makes me ask "Why?"
    Actually, i thought that was nice, so we don't have to go past all the recent history, which no one ever cares about.

Nightly releases already on v8.
    It's actually at v9 now.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

the v9 alpha is actually really fast and smooth so far, just not compatible with noscript

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Pandum View Post
    the v9 alpha is actually really fast and smooth so far, just not compatible with noscript
    Disable compatibility checks? Works fine as far as i can tell.

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

firefox 7 beta out soon!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag