She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

That's weird, Outlaw. I am using Firefox 60 and have had np connecting to the websites I regularly go to. (I don't know what sites you're visting though.)

I'll check around when I get back and see if there's a way to turn that off, though. ^^

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Like I said in my previous post it's blocking everything, even Mozilla. I may just have to re-install.

Edit: I fixed it. I went to uninstall FF and I still had an old version installed. Got rid of both versions and did a clean install and that worked.

BG Level

Just thought I would update this thread. There is currently a bug in FF that if you have tracking protection on embedded videos from youtube won't show up on any site. A temporary fix is to go into tracking protection settings and change it from strict to normal and it will work. A minor issue but annoying sinse I didn't change anything after updating.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Argg. I just had to refresh Firefox.

I think the new update screwed some stuff up so I couldn't search. Well, fixed now almost, just need to get my theme back..

[Edit] It might of been a problem with CustomCSSforFX, for when I got the newest version on the clean install, it had two entries for old search; one for newer versions.

I really need to find a way to find out when there's a update, sometimes I forgets. ^^

[Edit again] If you're having my problem, folks: Try this extension. I find it works pretty well; just told me when CustomCSSforFX put up a new update just now.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So okay. with the latest update, classic search might finally be dead.

I managed to style it so it looks like it, but, I really hate the new search bar..But that's a minor quibble.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Elizara View Post
    So okay. with the latest update, classic search might finally be dead.

I managed to style it so it looks like it, but, I really hate the new search bar..But that's a minor quibble.

You mean the "merging" of the URL and search fields? if so, that's an option under options - search

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Hell; already did that. It's how it WORKS.

The old let you put in a search, then choose your engine in a dropdown before you hit go. This one, if you're not careful, you will get it to search on default before you can choose! Annoying.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Elizara View Post
    Hell; already did that. It's how it WORKS.

The old let you put in a search, then choose your engine in a dropdown before you hit go. This one, if you're not careful, you will get it to search on default before you can choose! Annoying.

Uhm, which version are you on? It still does that for me reliably (64.0)

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

64.0 here.

I just hate how the new search works. Plain and simple. I liked the old version better. And by that I mean the 2015 version~! Up until the latest update, you could get it back. Not anymore...CustomCSSforFX would allow you to reenable it. But they broke it again with this version.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Uhm, which version are you on? It still does that for me reliably (64.0)
    Same here. As I type something in it will bring up the drop down menu to choose a search engine.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It wasn't that.

I liked the old search. The one where you could select your search with scrolling down and a click (List, not buttons.). And it wouldn't start the search until you hit Enter..The new behavior DRIVES ME BATTY. So I've had to restyle it at least once to help with the look, tho it still drove me pretty batty, because it didn't behave the same as I am used to. (I'm a creature of habit in some ways.)

Luckily it's back but it takes some more monkey business to get it back: Alternative searchbar in CustomJSforFx. I got it working and am happy now.

Anyway yet another version, Firefox 65. Looks like not much has changed.. I did have to mess around to get tabs under the nav bar again, but that didn't take long to fix.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So okay. Firefox boobooed and disabled all extensions by forgetting to renew a certificate.

If this bites you (it bit me while I was out) here's a tempfix. Moz knows about this and is working on it. I'm just glad I got everything back. Hope the fix comes soon.

BG Level

I just got a notice saying they were going to fix this in a few hours. Can only hope when I restart FF later it gets done.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Ugh. So annoying watching YouTube with ads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Vagus, Outlaw; I can verify the temp fix on the release version works, reenabled my extensions right away; I had to reenable my theme by hand, but que serra serra. (If you want it back, check the reddit thread I linked.)

To twist the Butterfinger commercials; Nobody better lay a finger on my adblocker. ^^ I hope they put out the permfix soon since I might have to reapply the tempfix later today.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

easier fix:

enable firefox studies (Settings - Privacy and Security - Firefox Data Collection and Use - Studies.
    Restart your browser, wait a little bit, restart again, extensions should be back, disable studies/data collection again.

Somethingsomethingstupid about patching/rolluot methods.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Even easier:
    Install THIS!

No more problem. Don't worry it's from Mozilla.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

As usual BG comes through!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BG Level

Struggled with this today/yesterday. I fell asleep last night and didn't check it but oh well. Yesterday afternoon I checked to see updates. Downloaded it. Waited.. waited.. FF wouldn't relaunch. So I did myself. Gave me a really weird error message saying it couldn't start this program, files were missing.. I go to programs menu and try it from there. Same thing. So I look in my installed programs and FF is missing. o.O I check my file folders manually and it's there but I can't get it to open to save my life. Tried that download that Elizara posted. Said, "Windows can not open this program" wtf?! I gave up for the day but I am not able to sleep tonight so I googled the problem. After trying several things and it still not working I decided to redownload FF from the homepage. Now everything works fine. Addons back, everything. Ugh, that was an ordeal.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Your firefox must of gotten corrupted some how >< Update didn't install properly or something.

Anyway I got the update just fine and yay. I couldn't fix it on the mobile (luckily I have fewer extensions on phone-Firefox) but it updated so I'm sure it's fixed now.

Hopefully it won't eff up again.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag