+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

it's less a learning curve, and more that the UI is absolute nonsense. visually it appears that i am capable of blocking by subdomain, but if i forbid e.g., analytics.twitter.com, actually it blocks *.twitter.com instead. and i guess you have to perma-whitelist, and then indicate that it's temporary and then hope that it respects the temp designation?

good god, this is absolutely horrid. did something change in the transition from old firefox to quantum where unusable GUIs are now required? seriously, who asked for this? lol

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orinthia Warsong
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Just go back to ESR 52 and wait for them to get this crap together. By ESR 52 I mean this: https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/...r/win64/en-US/ , extended support release, it's a stable version that gets security updates and patches for an entire year, the previous one was for version 45 so it takes its time to get an updated main version number. Can also get portable version, https://portableapps.com/apps/intern...x-portable-esr

I had ESR 45 as a portable install (as in not actually installed, portable profile) so that I could try out other firefox builds without mucking up anything. I did have esr52 installed as normal and it works just fine without really breaking anything from my esr45 profile, but laughed at how much quantum fucked up things. Yeah, new noscript has hot garbage for an interface, use umatrix if you insist on staying with quantum or any other broken firefox version until that's sorted out, or just stick to umatrix anyway since it has finer controls. Hope y'all made backups of your profiles .

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

As for me, I'm sticking with what there is, Noscript wise. I tried Umatrix, and I HATE it. I can't figure out how to get it to whitelist stuff, and a lot of other complaints. Noscript needs some work, but give the guy a few weeks. (Remember, one man band programming that little extension.)

I did have to go in and block a few things (No, no google ads. I won't let you be shown at all) since it seems everything got allowed, I'm going to have to watch out for that. I'll keep you guys updated on any updates, hopefully it gets back to what it was(Well, tweaks on the interface. I think it won't ever be the same there b/c of UIs and stuff like that) and we'll ALL be happy.

[Edit] He just put up a little update on his blog if you guys want to read it. Seems like he's going in bug squishing. If you'd like to give feedback and maybe help fix that mess of a UI, go to his forums and give him some feedback. Be polite of course.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orinthia Warsong
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

This site should help with using it: https://www.electricmonk.nl/docs/uma..._tutorial.html umatrix is made by the same guy that does ublock origin ( https://github.com/gorhill ).

Spoiler: show
    Gist is: each box can be toggled blocked or allowed by clicking the bottom or top of the box, by type of item being blocked (css, script, cookie, media, etc, in the middle area), or for everything for the whole domain (the far left side with the site name). You can change the scope of the blocking to affect either just the site you're at or for all sites in the top left corner. There's a lock and erase button at the top to let you test changes and save them if they work.
    The colors: dark green means you enabled it, light green means it was default enabled, light red means default blocked, dark red means you blocked it. It uses a bunch of host files as its default filters (you can change these), so a lot of sites will be broken by default just by virtue of them.

Takes some getting used to but it's more fully featured and quicker to go through sites that have tons of crap getting loaded everywhere or need careful unbreaking. The visual queues are easier to see at a glance to know what you're blocking or allowing.

The main problem though is firefox's api change which neuters most of the original noscript's power. It means that using umatrix/ublock's inline/1st/3rd pt script blocking amounts to the same thing the new noscript does right now, so there's less need of the new noscript.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Noscript UI is ass, but the browser is great. Firefox was taking up like 30-70% of my CPU at any given time prior to updating

Edit: A streaming site I use wants me to disable adblock. Any clue how to fix? I have greasemonkey/anti-adblock killer but not working

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orinthia Warsong
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Try https://gitlab.com/xuhaiyang1234/AAK...ller-continued , though this is also going to go unmaintained soon. The original AAK went unmaintained a long time ago, though dealing with anti adblocking can vary depending on the site. With some fine tuning of your ad/script blocking, you could probably get through anyway.

For me, quantum uses a bit more ram than my esr45/52, and it splitting up processes like chrome is a little annoying but not a bad decision. It was a bit faster, though that's mostly from the 10 or so extensions I have that aren't supported nor maintained anymore heh. Could probably find replacements in time but I'm just going to sit on esr52 until May next year when the next esr is released and more of this janky junk is ironed out. Mozilla is slowly adding back more stuff into it for extension devs, so it'll take some time. I saw some more noscript updates ( https://twitter.com/ma1 ) that bring it back into a little fold-out window like before and tidies up some of its junk look but it's still quite rough. There's gonna be lots of updates/betas for a while if y'all want to watch it grow.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

That Twitter blog says that noscript "temporarily allow" is working again for Quantum. Can anyone confirm?

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I can now. It's been updated! Here's the update notes.

He still needs to make the Default not allow so much but we're getting there. And he added some pretty darned clear buttons for temp allow all this page and revoke temp permissions. ^^ I think I said the dev of this extension is a one man band. ^^ Give him time.

[Edit] Oh and I figured out that first time you see Default on this, you need to turn off EVERYTHING. Click on that button directly and uncheck everything. That will make sure when you go to a new site, you have crap blocked and can decide to move it to Trusted or Untrusted. That works for me and gives me some peace of mind. But..it needs to be that way by default. Pardon the pun!

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The NoScript UI is so fucking awful now I'm just uninstalling it and going raw.

No idea why he thought this new design was a good idea.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

It is rubbbish, but I'd rather have it running than not.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I moved to chrome. I’ll check back to FF in about a month and see if things are working again

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    The NoScript UI is so fucking awful now I'm just uninstalling it and going raw.

No idea why he thought this new design was a good idea.
    I jumped to uBlock a while back. Not sure if it's better/worse in terms of functionality, but I figure it's better than nothing.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I use both, but the UI on Noscript now is so counterintuitive it's just not worth the effort to keep Google or Facebook tracking my every move.

BG Level

I like the browser and certain new features so far but yeah NoScript is to annoying to use right now. Can you install Legacy 52 as a separate program or will FF anyways try to rollback?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orinthia Warsong
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ublock has some script blocking options, they're just not as granular as noscript (can block inline, 1st, and/or 3rd party scripts but does so all or none per site). Umatrix can effectively replace noscript but does so by giving you loads more options on what/how to block (might be overwhelming to understand at first since its defaults will break nearly all websites).

Just get ESR52 (https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/...r/win64/en-US/ their normal page for it doesn't lead you to the right place) if you don't want to deal with any of this. It won't upgrade major versions until May next year since it's the extended service release branch that just gets normal security updates. Can probably install over 57 to retain your current profile, or get a portable install like from https://portableapps.com/apps/intern...x-portable-esr and copy over your profile if you want to keep it separate. Only thing is it won't let you run both 57 and esr52 at the same time. You'll also be hunting through older releases on plugins since most plugins that work on 57 won't work for 56/52 and below due to major api changes. So like https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...#version-5.1.7 to get the older version of noscript that works with firefox versions under 57.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Okay. some more Noscript news.

There has been two versions since then; one introduced a rather annoying bug he had to squash. Also a lot of people have given UI suggestions; next version might actually implement some of them, so maybe after that it won't be so..counter-intuitive. See here. Since this dev is a one man band, it's possible to steer him into something more user friendly if you are polite. Within the limits of the WebExtension interface, of course.

Two of the features that we had in the original Noscript (ABE and and Clearclick) are being ported; they might show up at the end of this month/beginning of January. So, hang on!

[Edit] And He might of fixed some of the usability issues. Go try it guys!

BG Level

How is Noscript looking now? Does it still whitelist everything on Default?

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Outlaw; if you do not tamper with Default, on a fresh install it does. I do suggest you tamper with Default when you install it. I should know since I had to do a fresh install recently.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I’m starting to get used to nosceipt. Annoying to unlock tpb for magnet links. Not sure if this is a no script or Firefox block.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since the Quantum update does anyone else have issues with right-click context menus?

I don't get the proper selection for a lot of text fields, if I right-click here I only get:

Copy
    Select All
    Search Google for [whatever's on my clipboard]
    View Selection Source
    Inspect Element

No Cut, Paste, Delete, etc.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text