+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

They screwed over my addon to keep the firefox window on top of other stuff too temp.RIP my netflix binging while crafting

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raiya Li'aurellia
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Got the updated Firefox Quantum there just now. Dark UI is a nice match with my system. As for the plugins theres a "no script suit lite" there if its any use as a placeholder searching the plugins.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'll wait; while I'm thinking about it though...

Is there any greasemonkey scripts you guys find essential? BTW, there is a Greasemonkey for Quantum, but it's not as full featured as one would like. Stick to Tampermonkey for now, guys. Orinthia showed me a updated version of a anti-adblock killer script I'd been using that works with Ublock Origin. Which is nice :D

But yeah, I'm always trying to find a few more scripts that might help out..

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Niya Kouya
    FFXIV Server
    Odin

Guess Waterfox will get a lot more fans in the coming days to weeks, at least within the "power users" that use more than just an adblocker.
    Some of the add-ons that I've been using for years haven't been migrated (yet), and I don't plan on giving up on them now... Including CTR (to correct some of the BS mozilla added/removed over time), cookie monster (to ease cookie handling), noscript (good to know they're working on it), private tab (one window only, thanks) and tab mix plus.

Eli, about greasemonkey scripts: if you're using facebook, FB purity is (almost) a must-have. Lets you fix/hide/remove tons of crap that FB is trying to sneak in.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I think for a few of those there are alternatives.

As I said before, there's a CSS based version of CTR tho it's not as full featured as the original, someone wrote a alternate to cookie monster, Foxytab might be a good alternate for tab mix plus, and since I never used the private tab extension, I don't know what it does, which makes it hard to search for a alternative! I was only to find Foxytab since someone suggested it on Reddit, and I found that cookie manager by luck.

I'm using FB Purity's alternative btw; SocialFixer. It has a extension but I think the greasemonkey script is far superior. ^^

[edit] If you don't want to go to that alternate fork of Firefox, This might help you find alternate extensions for ones that aren't getting updates like Noscript is or are orphaned, like Add to Search Bar. (Ugh I wish someone would write a alternative for that one..)

[edit again] This might help you see if the extensions you like have no hope at all.. Is a bit out of date but you can go to their websites.

[edit yet again]This is a list that mentions a alternative to PrivateTabs.. I hope all that helps. And I hope I can have Noscript back soon; I hope Ublock Origin can hold the line until then.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Niya Kouya
    FFXIV Server
    Odin

Call me lazy or stubborn, but for now I'll stick to waterfox and not worry about finding alternatives.
    Cookie monster isn't about deleting all of them, it's a cookie manager that easily lets you change cookie permissions per site and always shows you the current settings by icon color (yellow smiley/angel = allowed, red smiley/devil = denied).
    Private tab enables using private browsing mode within a tab instead of a separate window.
    And for TMP, being lazy is the main reason why I want to keep it Found just the perfect setup for my tab hoarding over the years ^^;

Good to know that there are other projects like FBP. It also has an extension and a GM script, and I also prefer that latter ^^

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Each to his or her own. Since I leave my browser open all day, I do like Quantum. Lately on the old version, it'd be lagging bad after a while, and I had to restart the browser. Not anymore. It's also faster.

The extension problem annoys me though. It will prolly be MONTHS, if not YEARS before the extensions are as numerous as they were before since yes, they gave people two years to handle this, but this change came up like a wrecking ball and I understand some functions are missing that extensions used to use. Also, some extensions are orphaned, and not maintained anymore. I'm glad Noscript isn't giving up, and I hope Ublock Origin can do well enough for ordinary browsing until Noscript 10 comes out.

[Edit] BTW, with the latest version of CustomCSSforFx, I finally got the last grouse I had fixed with Quantum. I now have the CLASSIC search bar back. I also found out I could add some of my search engines back; so at least there's some functionality from Add to Search Bar now, tho I will sorely miss the organization features that had.

Oh and here's my setup with the latest version of that. I like now that I got it beaten into shape:

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

It feels weird surfing w/o NS. I do like this new version, I was about to ditch them bc the fucking thing would freeze non-stop.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

looks clunky as hell, I just upgraded.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Buffy; try that CSS thing, I find it works pretty well actually. He's made it pretty easy to tweak. Basically it's a CSS version of Classic Theme Restorer. I've linked it twice but you can find the latest version here. With that, you can make it a liiiiittle less clunky.

You can also hit Customize and drag the buttons around any way you well please. I just dragged the nav buttons back to the left since I keep reaching that way..

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

I upgraded to Quantum yesterday and now I can't see any Youtube/embedded video. Audio plays but no picture.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

They went fucking full Chrome.

Why go fucking full Chrome.

Instead of 1 Firefox.exe process i now have fucking .... 11. Also 5 separate volume controllers in Volume Mixer to control some(?) of the volume, I don't even know what's which.

This is terrible.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elizara View Post
    Prepare for AGGGH. Firefox 57 out, and they've broken all legacy extensions, INCLUDING Noscript. Noscript though should have a new version by the end of the week that will work. I feel so darned naked without Noscript; good thing I went to Ublock Origin in prep, and I'm also using Tampermonkey, which I switched from Greasemonkey in prep for this.

If ya are mad b/c you liked Classic Theme Restorer, the author made a CSS based version which will at least help with appearances. It will not restore everything, like the old extension but it helps. ^^

Also if anyone besides me is on it, I'd really like to know what's the useful extensions atm other than Tampermonkey and Ublock Origin. ^^

[edit] Here's one I like. I don't have much of a theme though, there's another on there that's similar that might work better with themes. Also, WHY did they break Add to Search Bar? I loved that extension; I hope someone writes a replacement.
    I feel exactly the same way as you. I really want to try Quantum but I will wait for NoScript 10. It automatically downloaded the other day but I don't want to start FF cause it will install. ^^; I'm using Chrome right now with a crappy script blocker.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'm still using Firefox. The way it's looking, since the developer of Noscript is a one man band, we may have it by tomorrow at best. *knocks on wood* At worst it might be another day. Keep your fingers crossed.

And I hope the link to the CSS version of Classic Theme Restorer helps someone ^^; It at least helped me. The dev is updating it almost daily, so you'll have to keep a eye on it.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

My performance is so much better on Quantum; Firefox memory bloat had been getting ridiculous. Otherwise, no other issues than having to do a little finagling to get my bookmark folders back to normal.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'm happy to say NOSCRIPT IS HERE. Go get Noscript 10 if you're on Quantum!

I'm cheering and glad to have it back.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Oh good, I'll install that when I get home.

Out of the gate Quantum was very unsteady, but after a few days and a couple restarts it looks like it's been stabilized. No video player issues anymore, at least.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

what the fuck have they done to my precious noscript

who asked for this garbage GUI? it makes the plugin infinitely less usable, seems you can only perma whitelist stuff now? i'm so confused. how do i get the real noscript back

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

New FireFox/NoScript doesn't like BG. Keeps giving me cross script warning from BG to Facebook lol

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I saw that on another site; you just need to allow it. When it pops up, you can do that.

Also btw, this is basically V.1 of the new UI for it. Be polite, but make your voice heard. He's asking for suggestions, and some features (like anti-clickjacking) will be coming back in the coming weeks. He has a link to the board on there too btw. ^^ Mind, he may be also limited by the WebExtension stuff, so it may never be QUITE the same.

I'm just glad it's back tho I expect a learning curve with the new UI. ^^

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag