+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/26/co...ay-for-ps3-pc/

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive to have cross-play for PS3, PC, Mac and not Xbox
    Counter-Strike: Global Offensive will officially feature cross-platform play between the PS3, PC and Mac, Kotaku reports. To make the battlefield fair, PS3 players will be able to play with a keyboard and mouse; to make the battlefield completely favor PC/Mac users, PS3 players will also have the option of using a Move motion controller. Xbox 360 players will be able to play with a 360 controller, and maybe a live cat if they can figure out how to plug it in correctly (Protip: tail first.)

Valve bossman Gabe Newell has said he'd like to implement Steamworks on Xbox 360, but Microsoft has repeatedly resisted, instead placing restrictions on Xbox Live functionality. Global Offensive is Valve's second title after Portal 2 to use Steamworks on the PS3, and no one has burned down the Sony servers yet. Well, mostly.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So that would make CS:GO the PS3's second title to sport mouse support?

If Valve does the voucher thing again so I can net a Steam copy also of the game, I may consider it depending on the game's price. I'm still not fond of the lesser player count, I quite enjoyed my 8 vs. 8 when I wasted a good 20 hours in CS:S.

PS3 crossplay makes me worried for the modability of the game though.

You think this is the real Dmitry?
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Anything modded will probably be PC only, not sure how they'd handle all the downloading you do for those maps.

This thread makes me really wanna play some CS:S, but not so much CS: GO

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://kotaku.com/5842801/new-counte...-mod/gallery/1

New Counter-Strike Incorporates Old Mod
    Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is Valve's retooling of the classic team-based first-person shooter Counter-Strike. Today, Valve revealed that the game will include "Arsenal Mode", which is based on the popular Counter-Strike: Source mod "Gun Game".

Valve is working with the Gun Game creators to create Arsenal Mode. "We are excited that Valve reached out and is working with us to ensure Arsenal Mode is the best version of Gun Game", Michael Barr project lead of Gun Game said in an official release.

"Arsenal: Arms Race" and "Arsenal: Demolition" will add eight new maps to classic Counter-Strike team play.

In August, Kotaku spent an hour with Counter-Strike: GO. Check out the coverage if you missed it.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive will be out early next year.
    Hopefully this will be moddable for zombies too.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Draenor

This weekend the IEM, Intel Extreme Masters, is being played in NYC Counter strike 1.6 is being played, and also tonight at around 18:00 EST /23:00 cet a cs:go show match will be played between 1.6 US pro players and EU pro players. You can watch it at the stream below.

http://www.twitch.tv/esltv_event3#r=-rid-&s=em

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/11/21/co...nston-churchi/

Counter-Strike: GO beta arrives just in time for Winston Churchill's birthday
    After a brief delay, it seems that the Counter-Srike: Global Offensive beta will launch on PC at the end of November. The game's Twitter feed revealed a November 30 launch date for the game's pre-launch trial run late last week, as spotted by VideoGamer.com. The feed also noted that "de_Dust and "de_Dust2" will kick off the beta, which only allows "current key holders" entry at launch.

Valve previously stated that CS: GO's beta period would initially roll out with around 10,000 players, and will grow "in steps" as the company tests stability and server structure. The full game is expected to launch sometime in "early 2012," but don't expect a hard date anytime soon -- between the developer being Valve (see: "Valve Time") and the approach the company has taken to launch (the beta will eventually just turn into the final product), we don't expect a solid release date until the game is already upon us.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Beta started yesterday

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

that looks almost no different than source

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Looks like CS:S with the 'next-gen' filter applied. I also chuckled at the loading sound-skip. When the fuck is Valve going to address that problem?

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://blog.counter-strike.net/index...012/02/survey/
    Survey
    22 FEB 2012 -

Last week we launched the Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Beta by giving 7,000 keys to current CSS and CS 1.6 players. Monday 2,000 keys went out to community sites around the world.
    Today we are opening up our online survey to everyone. The next keys will be sent on the basis of this survey. If you don’t fill it out, you won’t be getting a key.
    Over the coming months we will make selections from the survey participants. Sometimes we might add experienced players, other times new players. Sometimes 1.6 players, sometimes CSS players, sometimes people who have played neither.
    There are no wrong answers to the survey questions.
    Make sure to fill out the survey today; next week we will make our first selection from the survey.
    We will also continue to give gift keys to active CS:GO beta players to share with their friends. Earning these keys is easy, hit quick match and play CS:GO.
    Check back later this week for our analysis on the recoil change and a new update this Friday.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

So, is this a version update, or does everyone get to buy it again?

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

have you not read the thread? its a new game. different name should be a dead giveaway.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Vandole View Post
    have you not read the thread? its a new game. different name should be a dead giveaway.
    Counter Strike
    Counter Strike: Source
    Counter Strike: Condition Zero

All came free with Half-Life for me. The beta offers playing the same game on Dust 2 with updated graphics and menus, sorry it WAS totally obvious now that you mention...

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

5k beta invites went out. I didn't get one

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Quote Originally Posted by Dryr View Post
    Counter Strike
    Counter Strike: Source
    Counter Strike: Condition Zero

All came free with Half-Life for me. The beta offers playing the same game on Dust 2 with updated graphics and menus, sorry it WAS totally obvious now that you mention...
    Reading ANY of the thread would have told you it was a different game.

On topic, I didn't get an invite either on the fence though on playing it...Only FPS I am playing at the moment is TF2 ( Vandole you and me need to challenge each other again ! ) and it's getting a little stale

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag