Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

LOL @ learning about homosexuality from a parade.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Milkster View Post
    So people shouldn't act as themselves so everyone else can be comfortable and accept them?
    There's a difference between protesting/picketing/etc. and literally marching down the street, announcing to the general public that you are proud of being L/G/B/T. It has created united group of "different" people for everyone else to recognize, hate, and/or be afraid of to further create a divide between straight and gay people as if it means anything at all besides what kind of genders they prefer to have intimate relations with.

I'm not even going to get into this "people should act as themselves?" shit you're spinning it into.

Eli Manning is my Lord and Savior
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Greymane

Quote Originally Posted by solanis View Post
    your love of vaginas doesn't result in people persecuting you, even killing you. your love of vaginas hasn't been called unnatural and you haven't been shamed for it by a judgmental and ignorant society. kids don't kill themselves because they love vaginas. pride parades are important because they are a big show of support for LGBT people, because being LGBT is perfectly normal and healthy, despite what bigoted fuckheads would like to think.
    Pretty sure there's some dead people who would disprove this statement from sleeping around.

And what the LGBT parade signifies and what actually happens there are totally different things. The Puerto Rican Day parade here in NYC is alittle bit of culture with a whole lot of scantly clad ladies and partying mixed in. If they want to have a hetero parade that doesn't mean anything, why give a shit? There are better places than this parade to try and make a statement about wrongdoings to the gay community, since most people don't really go to parades to be informed, they go for the atmosphere.

And any parade is obnoxious really when it's something scheduled year round just for the sake of having it. Oh, our team won a championship? Fuck yea let's do a parade. OJ finally went to jail? Parade that shit. Oh, it's X's heritage thing again? Yea not interested. I don't care about Dominican Day and it's the one that actually effects people I know and myself. I don't need a scheduled parade to appreciate my culture, can do it everyday.

MOOSE VOUCHER
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

your love of vaginas doesn't result in people persecuting you, even killing you.
    Where do you live where this is happening?

I hold my boyfriends hand in public, people have called us faggots, but who the fuck cares? Obviously we're not going to do that together at like 2am in a shady neighbourhood, and that has nothing to do with not being tolerated and more with not being a retard

If you want people to learn, and have information that helps them live in their own skin and feel supported by likeminded people? Have a fucking convention and get together. A parade is an obnoxious party atmosphere. Cleverness pretty much hit it on the head with the same point I was going to make about shit like the PR day parade. The only difference I have with what he said is about sports because that's like actually the only time where fans can actually party and really celebrate with their sports icons, all of which is very lucrative for cities, but it is no less obnoxious to those who don't care.

Nobody is telling you that you can't go out and support each other to live better lives, just why do I need to care about it? That's the point about the parades. Who the fuck cares? As long as your information is out there and free, people are gonna get it. If it's really worth listening to, people will get it.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Greymane

Quote Originally Posted by *Shinzon* View Post
    The only difference I have with what he said is about sports because that's like actually the only time where fans can actually party and really celebrate with their sports icons, all of which is very lucrative for cities.
    Might be confusing the way I wrote it, but some parades that are scheduled for things like sports, etc that don't always happen every year I'm ok with, the other things not so much.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

out and proud people 100% deserve a parade. it takes strength and conviction to come out and stay out. I'm sure it's super hard for straight people to be straight, so hard that they deserve a parade honoring their accomplishment, right

Quote Originally Posted by Snick View Post
    Where do you live where this is happening?

I hold my boyfriends hand in public, people have called us faggots, but who the fuck cares? Obviously we're not going to do that together at like 2am in a shady neighbourhood, and that has nothing to do with not being tolerated and more with not being a retard
    you call that acceptance and safety? lol

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

2 am in a shady neighborhood, doing anything may get you fucked up.

MOOSE VOUCHER
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

you call that acceptance and safety? lol
    I'm sorry that complete strangers calling you a mean name upsets you so much.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Snick View Post
    I'm sorry that complete strangers calling you a mean name upsets you so much.
    the "mean name" is representative of the prejudice against us in the world; in that light, it's not just a name. I'm sorry that you've become so accustomed to being called it that you don't think it's problematic anymore.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I'm sorry that you think that parading down Market Street, waving rainbow flags everywhere, blasting Lady Gaga, accomplishes anything other than exciting people that were already gay and annoying people that previously didn't care.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    I'm sorry that you think that parading down Market Street, waving rainbow flags everywhere, blasting Lady Gaga, accomplishes anything other than exciting people that were already gay and annoying people that previously didn't care.
    people wearing rainbows one day a year is hardly a steep price to pay for shaming them and marginalizing them the other 364... if a bunch of glitter is enough to turn you into a bigot, I'd say you were a faggot already

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

Guys its totally okay I mean if woman who have been persecuted much more and much longer then gays can have a women pride parade then its totally okay for gays.

In that case Solanis is greedy she just wants two parades.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I wish acting obnoxiously flamboyant was confined to one day per year.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Greymane

I'm curious if the people actually arguing for the Gay Pride Parade have actually gone to one, or are just so delusional and refuse to listen to reason because it's their gay parade. Pride Parades are never about information, if you think coming out and celebrating that means promoting shit like this
    http://righttruth.typepad.com/.a/6a0...d148970d-800wi
    Then idk what to tell you. Inb4 "not everyone does that there", alot of fucking people dress this way and act out at these parades, get off your delusional high horses.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

why shouldn't they do that if they want to? such a prude

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Greymane

So acting out like morons in a parade should only be restricted to gays and minorities? Either its ok for everyone to be a moron at a parade of their choosing, or noone.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

if the heteros want to cover themselves in glitter paint and dance on top of rainbow floats that's a different matter, prude

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

Get back in the kitchen

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Greymane

It'd just be abunch of hot brazilian women and brazilian men dancing on hetero floats while listening to spanish music. OH MY GOD HOW DARE THEY.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast