+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Resident Evil Revelations (PC/PS4/XB1/PS3/360/WiiU/3DS)

Ok so I don't own a 3DS (yet) but this looks fucking great, been keeping my eye on it for a while and now with the new clips from Gamescom it's looking like I'm going to need to buy a 3DS soon to play it...

Gamescom game trailer:

Gameplay videos:
    Spoiler: show

Game info:
    The game is set in 2005, between Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5. It depicts the events shortly after the establishment of the Bioterrorism Security Assessment Alliance (BSAA), a counter-terrorism group introduced in Resident Evil 5. The story revolves around BSAA co-founders Jill Valentine and Chris Redfield, the protagonists of the first Resident Evil. Chris and his partner Jessica have gone missing, and Jill is dispatched to a cruise ship in Europe to investigate their whereabouts. On her mission, Jill is joined by fellow BSAA operative Parker Luciani. Settings in addition to the cruise ship include a port town and a snowy mountain.

There's more clips from E3 as well:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5QTLtLr844 - Trailer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA0MxjIW0ig - Gameplay 1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99F3PxaJT8Y - Gameplay 2

What do you guys think? A worthy entry into the RE series, or a shoddy handheld version? I just hope the inventory management system is better than RE0/RE5 lol

One thing though this looks amazing for a 3ds game

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'd have assumed a Vita port since it's also a handheld and they can ignore upgrading the visuals any for it. Would be a cheap job doing a digital-only release to offset the small userbase.

Will get it on PS3 anyhow, been curious about the game, and no 3ds here. Lol @ misspelling the title again at any rate.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'd be excited if I didn't watch a Let's play of it since I assumed I'd never play it.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

It's a decent game imo, I didn't expect it to be on a console though.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    or view it insanely long image mode

This is what Capcom needs to do. This is a proper Resident Evil game and should receive a good deal of positive feedback. I would enjoy seeing a RE2 remake come out of this if there is enough success.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'd rather see new games with talented directors than remakes, but that's just me. The industry needs to learn to innovate again not simply rely on past successes.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelston...3-wii-u-and-pc

Resident Evil Revelations coming coming to 360, PS3, Wii U and PC
    I think we're all in agreement that RE Revelations was pretty darn good, right? A little slice of horror, a bit of action, a claustrophobic cruise ship filled with nasty baddies intent on sucking your guts outta your face - y'know, typical Resident Evil stuff. But last year only 3DS owners could play the game and its co-op Raid Mode, so while it was well received, many of you had to sit and watch. But no more!

Revs will arrive this May (21 US, 24 EU) on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii U as physical disc for $49.99, or as a digital version on PS3 and PC on launch day (with 360 and Wii U digital versions to follow). As you might expect, this new version will include enhanced HD graphics and lighting - but it also contains a few new bells and whistles.

Namely Hunk! He'll be playable in Raid Mode, bringing his unique gas mask chic to the Queen Zenobia cruise ship and other Revelations locales.

This new version also adds a new enemy, a new harder difficulty, new Raid weapons and new Custom Parts that make your weapons even more formidable - handy in those harder Raid maps!

I had a blast playing this on 3DS last year, and am pretty stoked to see it come to so many new machines. There are some good scares in here (one in particular, y'all know what I'm talking about) plus moments of actual isolation and uncertainty. Granted, Chris does show up from time to time to punch/explode things, but even he (and nagging partner Jessica) get a few chills.

I guess this means spoilers are back on deck though, huh? Gotta play nice for those who didn't pick up the 3DS version!

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Lost all credibility with RE6. Will not buy unless reviews are fantastic across the board or you guys all say it's great. Made the mistake of not listening with RE6.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

This game is fun on the 3DS. It's not a train wreck like 6 or operation racoon city.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Kinda sad its not ezio stabbing zombies. I would buy that game

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

How long is the game, compared to RE5?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    Lost all credibility with RE6. Will not buy unless reviews are fantastic across the board or you guys all say it's great. Made the mistake of not listening with RE6.
    Probably a bit of a hybrid of RE4 and 5 but closer to the RE4 side of things with some backtracking and stuff. You'd probably enjoy it.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Spoiler: show

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Famitsu this week has a follow-up report on Resident Evil: Revelations for console and PC, announced by publisher Capcom yesterday morning.

The magazine boasts that the game is “not a simple port.” The levels have been upgraded, so hardly any of them resemble the original edition. There are vivid bloodstains on the floor, and the tempo has been changed greatly by new creatures. Encounters with the original enemies now take place in different situations. When original enemies come out, it’s a situation where you are pressed for a divergence of some sort.

Players can sell weapons obtained in Raid Mode that they don’t need.

Of course, the game’s resolution has been upgraded. The imagery is more dramatic than the original 3DS release. The 3D models and lighting have been edited, as well, and the character CGs have been revised.

In Japan, the game is dubbed the “Unveiled Edition,” because every step you take in the game is like a veil being lifted, according to producer Tsukasa Takenaka.

Capcom is also looking into incorporating an element similar to the StreetPass features from the 3DS version. There is an additional character, too. Capcom says if you enjoyed Resident Evil 6, you’ll also enjoy Revelations.
    http://gematsu.com/2013/01/resident-...-a-simple-port
    http://gamenyarth.blog67.fc2.com/blog-entry-12748.html

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Resident Evil: Revelations, originally a 3DS game, is headed to the PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Wii U this year. For the console versions of Revelations, Capcom have given the game a visual upgrade and and a few additional features, which you can read about here.

Prior to Revelations, however, Capcom released another Resident Evil title for the 3DS—Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D. This was a standalone game consisting of just the series’ Mercenaries mode, featuring maps from Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5. A similar game has not been announced for consoles.

Over on the Capcom forums, a user made a request for a standalone Resident Evil Mercenaries game to be released for home consoles, and Capcom’s Senior Vice-President, Christian Svensson, replied to his request.

“Understood on the request,” Svensson posted. “Let’s talk next week on this topic.” He added: “The other thing you should look forward to is trying out the extremely expanded Raid Mode (details to come in the coming months) in RE: Revelations. I find it scratches a LOT of the same itches.”
    http://www.siliconera.com/2013/01/23...alk-next-week/
    http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capc...um=4#528324629

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Long-running horror franchise Resident Evil could potentially see a reboot, according to Resident Evil: Revelations producer Masachika Kawata.

In a talk with Eurogamer about Revelations‘ upcoming transition to Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii U, and PC, the producer was questioned about the possibility of a new direction for the series after mixed reviews of its latest installment, Resident Evil 6.

Kawata was specifically questioned on the possibility of an open-world approach to the franchise.

“If we did [go with an open-world], we would want to preserve what Resident Evil is and what makes it appealing to fans, while also making it accessible to new players,” he said.

“It would almost entail having a slight reboot to get the series into a place where it would work with open-world gameplay. That’s just a personal opinion.”

“A lot of decisions would have to be taken before something like that is done to the series, but it is something that… There is a possibility.”

The producer told the website that he didn’t want to “respond directly” to the reaction to Resident Evil 6, and that the company wanted to “re-examine the series as a whole.”

He added: “If anyone is waiting for an open-world Resident Evil, I think it will certainly be quite a while. So in the meantime, I recommend giving Revelations a try.”

Kawata also spoke about the lack of a Vita release, stating that, although Sony’s handheld is “a very impressive piece of kit,” the company wanted to focus on “the big screen, home console version” of the game.

“The conversation literally didn’t even get to the point where something like that would be a consideration,” he said. “Once the decision had been made to release it for home consoles it was never a possibility.”

Released exclusively on Nintendo 3DS last year, Kawata said that the game’s “successful sales” could have been more given the larger development costs.

Resident Evil: Revelations will launch for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii U, and PC on May 24.
    http://gematsu.com/2013/01/capcom-re...-a-possibility
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-series-reboot