Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If you click on your hotbar to bring up your skills, one of the options you can assign to it is "Move Only"

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ollieyk View Post
    Enjoying it so far...it's a really nice change of pace from Diablo. I couldn't find it in the key configuration but is there a force move shortcut? I've grown so accustomed to using Space to mvoe my character in Diablo it's really annoying to not have that option in PoE...
    If you mean to re-bind keys, if you bring up the options menu, then go to the keys tab, you can just click on the key currently assigned, and it will let you re-assign to any key you want.

Ollieyk

Ah found it Thanks.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level

Game is fun. Working on CI-Crit-Dagger Shadow Build.

But the damnable desync issue is fuckin' annoying.

Let me know how the crit build works out for ya. I'm going energy shield/evasion/life steal/attack speed/claws

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Really don't like how long some of these maps are in act 3, especially with the so short re-spawn timer. Sucks when you die and you have to start over from a wp a million miles from where you left off and the map reset on you. Lunaris temple, I'm looking at you.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I started playing yesterday (I played a little bit back when I was invited to CB, AGES AGO) and I actually liked that the map aren't too big in the beginning. Also game is pretty fun, but they had some crashed yesterday and I lost some progress ;< So I guess I'll wait a bit until everything is more stable, because redoing prison over and over is annoying

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

They've been getting ddos attacks over the last few days.

The fact maps reset every 8-15m is dumb, I think. If I wanted to re-run an area, I'd just remake a game.

I like the game for what it is, played since alpha. But I cannot seem to get past a couple things. for example you cannot tinker with your class as you go along, you must know what you are aiming for and go towards that goal, that somewhat takes away from the fun.

Also you are stuck to one weapon on your build, since you have to build around the weapon you are using, and some builds require very specific rare or unique items to work also.

Other than that the game is pretty great and has that hardcore thing going for it.

I kinda blame the people who clung to D1/D2's "skill system" for that. To this day, you'll probably still see people bitching about it on the D3 boards how they can't "customize" their characters when I honestly feel diversity should be in ability and gear choices. Fuck up? Too bad, spend a few days, maybe weeks, to get back to where you were.

Aesthetically, the stiffness of the character models bugs me. Mobs generally seem okay, but I just felt like I was playing puppeteer for a witch when getting her to A2 the other night. That, and I'm gonna be angry if it turns I need to invest in DEX just to use a fork gem.

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    I kinda blame the people who clung to D1/D2's "skill system" for that. To this day, you'll probably still see people bitching about it on the D3 boards how they can't "customize" their characters when I honestly feel diversity should be in ability and gear choices. Fuck up? Too bad, spend a few days, maybe weeks, to get back to where you were.

Aesthetically, the stiffness of the character models bugs me. Mobs generally seem okay, but I just felt like I was playing puppeteer for a witch when getting her to A2 the other night. That, and I'm gonna be angry if it turns I need to invest in DEX just to use a fork gem.
    yes I hate the animations they chose, Just a little more fluidity and dynamic movement would have added much to the fun for many people. Also notice the lack of skills that have movements in them. Like dash movements or escape type skills.

Those didn't quite seem as needed based on the mobs I face. Not sure if their AI is deliberately "dumber" but I usually had no issue running from packs even in closed quarters.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well, there's as much as 1 animator could do I guess

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    I like the game for what it is, played since alpha. But I cannot seem to get past a couple things. for example you cannot tinker with your class as you go along, you must know what you are aiming for and go towards that goal, that somewhat takes away from the fun.

Also you are stuck to one weapon on your build, since you have to build around the weapon you are using, and some builds require very specific rare or unique items to work also.

Other than that the game is pretty great and has that hardcore thing going for it.
    You don't need to focus on a single weapon at all, in fact unless you have a very specific weapon you are building around, it's not a good idea. In my view, you should be using the passive skill tree primarily to take care of your defensive needs, i.e., life, resists, and specific key stones you are going for. After you flesh that out, there are non-weapon specific nodes you can grab all over to slightly increase dps. I prefer to get my damage from gear instead.

At this point in the game, it's a bad idea to try to accomplish an advanced build. I'm just doing different basic builds on characters that I know I won't be playing months from now, just to get into the game, start accumulating orbs, and farm gear, since as you mentioned, lack of easy re-specing kind of forces this choice imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Maaglin View Post
    You don't need to focus on a single weapon at all, in fact unless you have a very specific weapon you are building around, it's not a good idea. In my view, you should be using the passive skill tree primarily to take care of your defensive needs, i.e., life, resists, and specific key stones you are going for. After you flesh that out, there are non-weapon specific nodes you can grab all over to slightly increase dps. I prefer to get my damage from gear instead.

At this point in the game, it's a bad idea to try to accomplish an advanced build. I'm just doing different basic builds on characters that I know I won't be playing months from now, just to get into the game, start accumulating orbs, and farm gear, since as you mentioned, lack of easy re-specing kind of forces this choice imo.
    From playing the game since alpha and having a level 60+ character previously , you have to choose one weapon to spec out, making any other options useless. By the time you get to that level if you have not chosen a specific weapon to spend skills into it will be too late and your character will be pretty weak compared to proper speced builds. The point is that you cannot swap weapons or play with a different weapons effectively at any high level if you wanted to say change to dagger on a ranger instead of a bow.

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Going to try this out, and see what all the noise is about

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Wait, so you can't respec at all? That completely kills any will I had to play this. =/

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amy Adams
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Uther

You get respec points, that let you remove a single node in your passive tree. You get 6(?) from each difficulty, plus orbs of regret as drops and from vendors. So while there isn't a full respec, you can refund points.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

With skills coming from items rather than levels, you can technically respec whenever you want. You generally won't be able to take back many of your passives, but there's several more advanced builds which make quite a lot of use of one active skill setup early/mid game and a completely different setup in late game. The wand templar builds that are pretty popular right now are a good example of that (you usually don't switch to wands till lv.40~45 or so).

I swap around which skills I use on my witch all the time based on the situation. She'll eventually be a summoner, but until 30-40ish I'm mostly playing her as a regular direct-damage elemental caster.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag