Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Path of Exile     submit to reddit submit to twitter

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

"Path of Exile seemed alright, but made by shitlords it turns out - "We want our medieval-ish fantasy to be historically accurate, so women can't be melee classes""
    http://www.reddit.com/r/SRSGaming/co...t_but_made_by/

Someone's gotta stay home and make the babies while the men go die to demons.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Started this game a couple days ago, playing as a ranger and really enjoying it. The story so far seems as bad as Diablo III's, and the graphics are nothing really special, but the entire character customization system seems better honestly than any dungeon crawler/arpg that I've played. Even if most of it was straight stolen from FF games. Just kind of wondering what kind of stuff the item shop will have once it goes live. Really hoping it's just generic shit like costumes, xp boosts and maybe a purchasable full respec.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Started this game a couple days ago, playing as a ranger and really enjoying it. The story so far seems as bad as Diablo III's, and the graphics are nothing really special, but the entire character customization system seems better honestly than any dungeon crawler/arpg that I've played. Even if most of it was straight stolen from FF games. Just kind of wondering what kind of stuff the item shop will have once it goes live. Really hoping it's just generic shit like costumes, xp boosts and maybe a purchasable full respec.
    The item shop is live. Only non cosmetic things you can buy are stash tabs and extra character slots.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Live cash shop in a beta? Are they not doing a reset before the official launch?

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level

No, they promised no resets

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level

The game is not all roses.

Log-in ques, frequent disconnects that loose last 15 mins of gameplay, and my least favorite, desync issues (the client incorrectly places your character on the map) which results in a lot of wuts and lols, unless you play hardcore. Beta is beta, imirite? Patches come quick though.

With that said, i've been mad addicted to this game. Staying up 'til 3-4am addicted, so I'm probably just mad.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I got some premium stash tabs so I could label all my junk rares for orb trade in's later. Don't care about anything else they currently have available, although they are working on an "extra gore" mod that I'll pick up when it comes out.

Also cool that you can design an item for the game, but the cost is $1000. I believe the devs mentioned in an interview somewhere they sold a lot of these though.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by guartz View Post
    The game is not all roses.

Log-in ques, frequent disconnects that loose last 15 mins of gameplay, and my least favorite, desync issues (the client incorrectly places your character on the map) which results in a lot of wuts and lols, unless you play hardcore. Beta is beta, imirite? Patches come quick though.

With that said, i've been mad addicted to this game. Staying up 'til 3-4am addicted, so I'm probably just mad.
    I haven't run into any of those issues yet. It's funny, I was just thinking a little while ago that it's sad that a F2P beta is actually running better than some high profile launches of $50-$60 games lately.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by guartz View Post
    No, they promised no resets
    As in the characters we're playing now will carry over, levels and items, into live?

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

DL'd this. May try it out, dunno.

Ksandra Needs To Post Tits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anakron View Post
    As in the characters we're playing now will carry over, levels and items, into live?
    Correct.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    DL'd this. May try it out, dunno.
    It's worth at least giving a shot. It's better than D3 imo.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I thought the playstyle of D3 was better, you know the actual fighting and effects, stuff like that.

But I find this game to be much more engaging and after getting familiar with the passive tree, I really like it. It's really not that hard to get a basic understanding of how to build a character. And if you party up, you can level a character pretty fast if you want to re-roll.

I appreciate that at least the company is committed to what they say for the most part, i.e., this game is not designed for casual players. I don't really like the FFA loot system, but I understand the feel of the game they want with it so whatever. Anyway, if you really want the increased drops of group play, you can just park your alts in town while you farm. So groups for leveling/progressing, solo for farming.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    It's worth at least giving a shot. It's better than D3 imo.
    A lot was better than D3 lol

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Maaglin View Post
    I thought the playstyle of D3 was better, you know the actual fighting and effects, stuff like that.

But I find this game to be much more engaging and after getting familiar with the passive tree, I really like it. It's really not that hard to get a basic understanding of how to build a character. And if you party up, you can level a character pretty fast if you want to re-roll.

I appreciate that at least the company is committed to what they say for the most part, i.e., this game is not designed for casual players. I don't really like the FFA loot system, but I understand the feel of the game they want with it so whatever. Anyway, if you really want the increased drops of group play, you can just park your alts in town while you farm. So groups for leveling/progressing, solo for farming.
    I have just been playing solo either way. Level 25 and halfway through act 2 now, been a breeze so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    A lot was better than D3 lol
    Yes, but this one's FREE.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

You can take pretty much any spec through normal, it's very forgiving.

Level 37 and started cruel (nightmare for diablo players). The end of normal was a little iffy for my shadow, and now that I"m in cruel mode I dont know how long it will last as I die a lot now. Was trying Invalesco's crit dagger build but I dont seem to do a lot of damage and its hard to find upgrades. Ah well I still play it nonstop maybe I'll reroll another class.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Pretty much every class needs to built for survival to live through higher difficulties, especially if you're going to melee. That's probably why you're dying a lot.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

And if your gear sucks, like most people's right now, you can have the correct spec, but it will still be very hard. The best way to progress is through groups.

I also found these 2 threads very useful when I was starting out:

Crafting: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/54003

Game Mechanics: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/11707

And also vendor recipes: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Vendor_Recipes

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text