Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Summoners don't get good until about level 30~40ish

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelan? View Post
    Summoners don't get good until about level 30~40ish
    Not true. I think you can rush to Minion Instability and have skeletons at level 19 and lol through normal mode.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Started recently, my characters are in HC.
    Got a Witch in A2 and liking the game so far... mostly focusing on fire damage, not sure what else I oughta do.

Ksandra Needs To Post Tits
    BG Level

Chari whats your name on PoE?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Aphmau

EDIT: And having posted that publicly, I went and reserved Nashmeira... just in case.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Just hit 50 and picked up Arcing Blows. Time to start nailing down the final skills for my lightning crit ranger.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I've tried 3 of the races so far. 2 one hours and a three hour. First 2 attempts were as a freezing pulse witch. Died the first time when I got surrounded in one of the submerged passageways. Got one-shot (No corals) at level 11 by Brutus on my 2nd attempt. In todays 3 hour I tried going as a poison shadow, because I hear they're OP for races. Died otw to the western forest from stupidity. =/ I think I get too overzealous and try and push it, even though I seem to be going slow. I don't know htf some people zip through doing inventory shit or selecting passives so quick that they're still moving their character.

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I just installed this past weekend. I'm playing with a bro and we're 19 and just finished act one.

I'm a duelist and was looking at a duel wield life steal build. thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Vandole View Post
    I just installed this past weekend. I'm playing with a bro and we're 19 and just finished act one.

I'm a duelist and was looking at a duel wield life steal build. thoughts?
    hp hp hp and blood magic

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

HP definitely. let the attack come whenever. HP is gdlk in this though

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    HP definitely. let the attack come whenever. HP is gdlk in this though
    Yeah, I found this out too late I hate doing research before starting a game, but it always bites me in the ass xD Haven't had the motivation, but I have to restart my character I have a decent wealth of currency items, though, not to mention a multitude of gems. Was thinking about making a summoner, but the lag from them always kills my laptop, so I may just roll another ranger

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'm still working on my ranger when I get the time. Definitely pretty squishy and I moved into a pure physical and crit build, kind of regretting not doing straight up elemental with how few points you need in damage. But still slowly progressing though so I'm not going to give up yet.

I was a pure frenzy crit/dmg build with split arrow dps at around 1k with frenzy up, and while I almost never died to regular enemies do to leech life, there was a ton of stuff that 1 could 1 shot me. It actually wasn't really a problem until trying to grind out levels in merciless Ledge because I would intentionally set it up so I was facing stuff that would 1 shot me right after I leveled, so no major xp loss, but the False God statue in the Ledge got me so often with that stupid lightning attack that if I didn't have a good party to draw it's attention to one side then I would almost certainly die, lol. I think I calculated my average xp per run to around 200k-300k overall when there is something like 2.5million potential xp per run

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Were you evasion build? I've found that Iron Reflexes with the no stun passive (Resolute Technique I think) makes it a lot easier for me to just plop down a rejuv totem and have plenty of time to run and pot if I start getting hit. I have a leveled life leech gem but I don't use it, generally just about 4% LL and 2% ML keep me going pretty well. (I have over 40 mana regen though, and 60+ life regen with a totem up.)

And carrying resists rings is reaalllly helpful too.

I'm still at the very end of A3 cruel though, who knows what's going to happen after I kill Piety.

Yeah evasion. I've since read that evasion/crit builds kind of suck though, lol. But like I said, I got tons of currency items, so it wasn't a complete waste.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level

I've got a level 48 marauder, I do shit dmg, I have shit gear, but I have nearly 2k HP and no resistances and nothing can kill me as long as I'm hitting something.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Marauder and Templar start in much better places on the passive grid in terms of survivability. They can get great damage as well, but Templar really seems to start in a spot that can quickly turn into a crazy dual totem based tank that is hard to kill but pumps out loads of damage with great mana regeneration.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Spell Totem might get nerfed though. It's really kind of retardedly powerful right now, especially compared to ranged totem.

tol

I'm a 60 HC dual spell totem templar, it's really fucking powerful :3 I mostly play with a friend who plays a pretty standard LA build. I also run hex master and whispers of doom so I basically dump totems down, minions tank shit and I debuff everything while my friend cleans house. I run 4x Fire Traps that I rely more on in solo play but in group play I'm definitely debuff/distraction. I can definitely see spell totem getting nerfed but I hope not cause it'd kill my build somewhat :3

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Got a free respec with the duelist changes. Paralyzed with choices, sitting here staring at 74 skill points and a blank slate lol.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag