Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

If you had any points in notable Duelist nodes then yes. I dropped all of the crit from my build and gained a ton of resists, a tiny bit of HP and a moderate DPS boost, with MUCH more consistent damage. Only downside is that I'm going to have to live without Iron Reflexes and Unwavering Stance for awhile.

Current build: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-s...XLtUhte0Mx328=

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Kind of a necro, but a friend of mine turned me onto this game. I've never really played diablo games before, so this game is actually pretty sweet. So far I'm enjoying it. Kinda hard to tell what's good though and there's no AH system or anything, which makes gearing up a little hard to do. Or I could just be noobing it up and just don't know some things yet

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So bump again. The open beta is ending soon and the full release is scheduled on Weds. I've been thoroughly enjoying this game so far, it's pretty awesome. Anyone around here play it at all still?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I tried it while it was in beta, and actually just DL'ed it again on Steam, but the game is just too involved for the time I have these days. The skill and passive system are awesome for anybody that has the time to invest in them, but sadly for me, games like Torchlight and Diablo 3 are just so much more accessible when you only have small amounts of time to play.

Yeah, just not a fan of the whole, "Waste time leveling a whole new character or throw RL cash at a respec!" option that was at least the plan when I tried back when. Not everyone's gonna sit there with excel spreadsheets plotting shit or even enjoy the thought of having to totally reroll just to make a new item work for you. Fine line between choices and restrictions, I guess, and they err toward the latter.

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So just started playing.

Anyone still around?

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I start playing again whenever I get over the death of my previous character.

If you are playing on Invasion (HC) then I'd start playing again. It's about that time.

Bitchfist

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I think I'm in ambush league atm.

And I don't know the game well enough to do HC. My entire strategy for killing act 2 boss on ranger was to keep town portals up.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Awakening expansion dropped a few hours ago. Aside from the usual new items, skills, skill tree overhaul, and challenge leagues, Awakening adds act 4 to the game. Tons of QOL stuff too. Vendor selling some skill gems, customizable loot filter, and change in the net code so that you can opt for lockstep mode. Basically, lockstep mode won't do anything until it checks with the server first, so it totally eliminates desync if you have a decent ping.

I've been playing this pretty steadily for over a year and a half now, and this is, without question, the best state the game has been in during my time with it.

Bitchfist

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I basically play for a few months then jump to another game so I don't burn myself out like with Diablo II.

Been waiting awhile for this expansion, gonna definitely start playing again after this workshift is over.

We need to start trading BG handles for maps and such.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

I don't have a ton of time to play because I've got a really busy job for the summer. I just ran my first character through Act4 in the SC challenge league. The last half of act 4 is hard, like mechanically difficult. Atziri has less stuff going on than the A4 boss on normal. It was fun to figure out the fight (and some of the ones before it. Kaom and Daresso stand out as fantastically designed), but expect a lot of the act 4 content to get nerfed, at least on normal and cruel. It could be worth rushing a character at least through normal to check it out in its original form, if you're into that.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

If anyone feels like adding, I just started playing again and plan on primarily doing the new hardcore league. Icariumlifestealer

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Stormreaver

The final boss in act 4 merciless is brutal. It's a good fight. But goddamn is it long.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

I'm glad they left the fight unchanged on Merciless, and only nerfed Normal and Cruel a little bit.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I played this game so much a few years ago and loved it. I kinda fell out of favor when a season was ending and I got a soul taker to drop and knew I'd never be able to make that build again since it's so rare. It kinda ruined the game for me sorta, but I dunno. I never got to do the new map stuff with the secret weird map pieces thing, so I don't even know how that works. I feel like I'd have to learn a lot to get back into the game... Is there a quick cliffnotes of what to do endgame wise now? I was playing when it was just craft lvl 74+ maps with decent stats and spam them.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Stormreaver

They slightly changed how maps work in this patch. Now there are 3 tiers of maps 68-72, 73-78 and 79-80+. they can all roll the same stuff more or less but depending on the tier the values of the map mods differ.
    For example before there was 50% reduced and no life/mana regen mods. Now tier 1 maps have 20% reduces, 2 is 50% and 3 is no regen. It makes getting into maps much easier.
    It's also a lot easier to come across decent to good items with the forsaken master crafting. And the jewels they added in this patch are op as fuck n

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Is anyone playing around with any of the new skills? I recently started a Magma Orb witch in Tempest, but I've stopped her right before Normal Malachai because I know she's going to get bopped.

Magma Orb (Echo, Conc. Effect, Chain) is a really interesting skill. I like it mechanically, but if mobs get spread out then the skill becomes unwieldy, and Flame Totem has to cover clean up duty. Thinking about just abandoning this character where she is and roll a super defensive melee with Reave or something.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Is it still difficult to get multistrike and whatnot or are they easy to come by now?

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

They are quest rewards near the end of act 4 normal. After that quest, the whole set is available at a vendor for an alc each.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag