Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Path of Exile     submit to reddit submit to twitter

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Path of Exile

http://www.pathofexile.com/

Path of Exile is a free online-only action role-playing game set in the dark fantasy world of Wraeclast. It is currently under development by Grinding Gear Games in New Zealand. New players are being added continuously to the Closed Beta Test.

Game Features
    -Completely free to download and play
    -A persistent online world capable of supporting hundreds of thousands of players
    -A dark and gritty game world rendered from a fixed 3D perspective
    -Battle dozens of foes across a variety of unique areas
    -Randomly generated levels and items for extreme replayability
    -Online ranking and ladders for every game mode
    -Visceral combat with dozens of combinable skills
    -Battle in PVP tournaments for worldwide recognition
    The skill tree is sorta like the Sphere Grid from FFX. I was going to make the thread when I got the invite for pictures but no invite yet .

Anyone in the beta? I watch the timer every couple of hours and email. Really want in this.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

This looks so much like D2 its pretty scary.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The tree is actually only passive skills. You only get active skill from gems you slot into weapons and armors. They can level up and there are also gems that affect how they work - multiple casts, additional dmg it. Pretty interesting system. The game is being created by a very small team, but has some nice potential.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Path of Exile

www.pathofexile.com

Seems like something cool to hold us over till D3 comes out. It's currently in closed beta right now. If you make an account on their site, you have a chance of being randomly selected from their timer (which chooses a new member every 35 minutes), or you can acquire a beta key from fan sites or random people giving them out on forums.

I think for now, people who get into beta eventually get an additional key for a friend, so let's work together to get keys for everyone who is interested in playing!

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Moved. Yeah I'm still waiting for my invite too.

BG Level

Ah, I apologize, I thought I looked through everything when searching. Thanks!

BG Level

How about making a list on your OP of people who want to get in, so we know who to trade with (if you want to trade with BG members that is. )

Add me to the list!

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by bori View Post
    Ah, I apologize, I thought I looked through everything when searching. Thanks!
    np

The game needs more attention though.

BG Level

From what I hear also, people who rank high on the leader each week(?) get additional beta keys. So I will be working hard to do so if I get in, then will post keys here to whoever needs.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

BG Level

Want!

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Garona

Free Diablo-esque RPG

Might be something to look into. Besides, it's free.

http://www.pathofexile.com/

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It's not bad, but was also nothing awesome when I played the beta some time ago. Granted, I know there was a lot of changes since then, I need to reinstall it some day.

BG's most likeable Québécois

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    The guy and everything does't look like diablo II, does it?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

Played a bunch on the free weekend. I only played a Maurader (2h Mace/Firedmg Mods) to lv32 or so, here's a mini review.

Combat -- Excellent. To beat enemies further into the game I had to use several skills and not just one "God Skill" (see: D2's Blessed Hammer). Managing frenzy and endurance charges is interesting. Mob damage seems pretty well tuned for a beta.
    Passive Skill System -- Look at it. Reminds me of the first time I looked at Dwarf Fortress. Respeccing is AWFUL, there's a rare item that allows you to reallocate one point at a time.
    Skill Gem System -- A fun twist on Jewels from D2. Every usable skill in PoE comes from one of these gems. Socket it in your gear to be able to use it. Linked sockets allow you to throw in support gems to boost these skills too.
    Item System -- A step up from D2. Rerolling and upgrading item qualities is a huge part of PoE, and it is fairly easy to do. If you find a high tier normal quality item that you wish was magic, you can just put two magic mods on it fairly cheaply with the appropriate items.
    Money System -- There is no money! Don't think of vendoring items as vendoring, think of it as disenchanting more or less. You offer the items to the vendor and they offer you back crafting/alchemy supplies. These supplies are what passes as currency. Different types of armor yield different types of "currency". I like it so far, but that could change in the future.

Overall I like what they've done. It's something different from what D3 offers, granted I've only got the first 45min of d3 to go on vs. 8hrs in PoE to compare.

Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

The game definitely looks interesting, but I'm always wary of "forever free to play" because, even though this game's FAQ seems to say otherwise, they more often than not end up being "pay to win".

The game is interesting, been playing for a long while now, the effects and animations are a bit on the dull side so it does come off as very boring. But the game has alot going for it and has been growing tremendously with every patch.

Doesn't take it for granite
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

9 months of waiting for a beta invite and D3 release coming right up has soured whatever interest I had in PoE.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I totally agree with Dezzimal. This game... fuck, so addicting. I'm kinda glad I don't have a beta account yet, played quite a bit this weekend.

I will play any ARPG I can get my hands on (TL2, D3, Grim Dawn, ...) and yea, I've played and still play D3 beta. But PoE is heaven for an ARPG fan.

Dark & gritty atmosphere, music, little creepy sounds etc. Getting to the Act I final boss was actually a bit scary because of the way it's set up (and I was playing HC on my first char while not knowing what to expect). Loved that, never got that feeling in D3 (yet!). Played through Act I twice with 2 HC chars, up to lower lvl20s. Also did some (non-HC) coop with friends. Got a unique drop on my Witch (orange shoes) with some sick +speed stat. All in all, good times.

The gem system is like materia btw. And the passive skill tree is like FFX Easy to see where they got their inspiration :D

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

http://www.pathofexile.com/image/buy_beta_access.png

As of today you can pre-purchase microtransaction coins to support the devs:
    https://www.pathofexile.com/purchase

They have several packages, between $10 and $1000. You get the coins (can later be used to redeem cosmetic stuff in the cash shop) + closed beta access + all kinds of goodies (including physical discs, signed items etc. on the more expensive ones).

Remember the game is completely free and open beta will start around June. So there's no obligation to spend any money right now, just putting this out here for people who want to support the game. The cash shop will be purely cosmetic.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag