+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Vagrant Story     submit to reddit submit to twitter

I restarted VS (3rd time) and I intend on finishing it this time. I won't fuck up my weapons again; last two times I played I ended up having to chain 1>2>3dmg etc everything to death because all my weapons were useless after careless use. By the time I reached Snowly Forest all I could do was either run away or not mess up chains.

Introduction to the story still awesome after 10 years.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Trollbane

well you know once you reach a certain point in the game you could just beat up on the training dummies they have placed in different places

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

I'm pretty sure that, even with a horribly-spec'd weapon, you can still do fine just by using buffs/debuffs and keeping your RISK low. Been a while, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerberoz View Post
    I'm pretty sure that, even with a horribly-spec'd weapon, you can still do fine just by using buffs/debuffs and keeping your RISK low. Been a while, though.
    If a weapon's DP and PP are full and the monster is weak to a certain type of grip (edge/blunt/piercing), then you should be able to do some damage. But w/o any affinity towards the target, it takes enormous amounts of time to kill the harder monsters, at which point training your weapon is the only viable option.

alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

From what I remember that was the basic idea, gear individual weapons towards different affinities and hope any holes you run into into don't screw you that horribly.

Fought 2 more bosses today. I have 4 weapons covering all monsters, but some bosses are only weak to one particular type (egded, piercing, blunt), and even my strong affinity weapons won't do shit vs that boss unless they have the right type.

There's always break arts and magic. I really need a workshop soon.

I haven't played VS in quite a while but iirc don't the enchant weapon spells pretty much make weapon training largely unnecessary? Also weren't there accessories that could change your offensive affinities as well?

I remember using the same 1h axe for like 90% of the game (well not the same one, upgraded it at various points obv).

There are gems that you can attack to your weapon, they can increase both offensive and defensive affinities. Also, the en-spells are very powerful, letting you exploit an elemental weakness to the max.

So while the en-spells are very useful, they don't increase affinity towards monster types, just elements. You still need different weapons for that, or a shitload of the best gems.

Just killed a very annoying Dark Elemental boss. Kept casting Meteor every turn (and fast turns, too) so I ran out of MP too fast and had to use a shitton of curing items. I renamed Magnolia Frau staff to Kraken Club, 'cause I chain mobs to death with it.

I had to kill this boss with MISS 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 etc. damage chains with my Kraken Club. Luckily chaining is something you get better at quite rapidly, and it was pretty tense trying to get as high as possible. Nasty boss though.