Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 149 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Does Bhumi pop in specific areas in Tahrongi? Wiki says near flux 2/7, but Im looking for more accurate spawns than that
    I've never actually seen him POP, but I usually find one in the area of the hecteyes and scorps between flux 3 and 4, wandering between clionids and limules north of 1, and then there's the one who likes wandering around the west edge of mandies through cockatrices.

When I was hunting him 'solo', I'd bring second account in as whm/rng and just scan for him around 3, 4, 1, and 2.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

In ZR 5F, the big triple gear room before the frog, are they sleepable? I noticed they didn't hit me very hard on RDM and I wasn't even using any PDT gear. If they aren't sleepable, am I better off Mani + Gravity and kiting and having MNK peel 1 by 1 to kill?

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

No they aren't sleepable, I would suggest using break though.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

You know if break will work, or you're suggesting I try? If not, I'll try Mani + grav and just run around 1st porter room.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

You can sneak past them. You don't even need to kill them. Just wait till the left corner opens up and hug the wall.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

I actually want to kill them, want to get as many Zha cards from 1 run as possible.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

What's an acceptable NIN TP Set and a pie in the sky NIN TP Set? I can't seem to get a straight answer from my LS. And if you have the same for WS, that'd be awesome.

Right now I'm using:

AF3+1 Head, Iga Neck, Brutal/Suppa
    AF Body, NQ Dusk Hands, Rajas/Heed (ugh)
    Atheling, Twilight Belt, Byakko's Haidate, AF3+1 Feet.

WS:
    Voyager's Sallet, Rancor Collar, Brutal/Suppa
    Kaftan, Alk. Bracelets, Rajas/Spiral
    Atheling, Warwolf, Haidate, Arieon's Gamashes

I feel that there is definitely room for improvement.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I just got Strendu Ring from VW. I don't have blm/sch/rdm for nuking. I have a Blu, is it better then a Dex ring for Charged Whisker?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Koyangi View Post
    I actually want to kill them, want to get as many Zha cards from 1 run as possible.
    I remember break landing. It also lands on mega bosses.
    It's actually really easy to pull them without linking, though. They form a square perimeter around the center of the room, with a few gears roaming around inside the boundaries. Wait for the roaming ones to move away and then pull the corner gears from inside the room (so it doesn't decide to walk past the others on the way out).

Quote Originally Posted by Desideratum View Post
    What's an acceptable NIN TP Set and a pie in the sky NIN TP Set?
    This question gets asked so often. Let me see if I can find a link to one of the many times it's been answered.

If your Byakko's Haidate is augmented with Store TP and Crit DMG, use this (ideally with a Rancor Collar): http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/227766
    If not, switch the legs to +2 and the boots to Usukane.
    Outside of abyssea, switch the body to +2 and use the second set up. If you're fighting really easy stuff, keep the Artifact body equipped. If you know you're close to capping crit. rate from DEX, feel free to use the first set up.

Acceptable is a tricky word. Getting +2 items isn't very difficult, but if you're limited on time or can't get the items in the above sets for any other reason, just get the next closest thing.

I assume you're using Blade: Jin.
    Aias bonnet replaces Voyager's Sallet. Switch Suppanomimi out for an attack earring, or possibly a crit. hit rate +1 earring from Mis. Coast. +2 body is better than Loki's for Jin. Switch bracelets for +2 gloves. I may be wrong on this bit: switch belt to Anguinus or Cuchulain's. Switch feet to Iga +2 when you have them. Iga +1 is probably better outside anyway.

Again, if you can't obtain these items, just go for the next best thing.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I did a search in the old thread, but got so many results that were unrelated that I gave up. ;/

edit: You know, maybe it'd do better in the Gear thread in media.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm not ragging on you. That question just shows up a lot. I only had to flip back two or three pages in the What's Better thread to find the link.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

The amusing thing is, I actually have more +2 items than I do seals atm. I've just had shit luck with seals (and was finishing BLU first). So that gives me something to go on. Awesome, and thank you.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by vagus View Post
    I just got Strendu Ring from VW. I don't have blm/sch/rdm for nuking. I have a Blu, is it better then a Dex ring for Charged Whisker?
    MAB will beat DEX on CW

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Anyone has the .dats for the maps that changes the ingame map to map wikia maps?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Don Kamikaze
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Anyone has the .dats for the maps that changes the ingame map to map wikia maps?
    http://forums.windower.net/topic/182...maps-12152010/

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by TSFFXI View Post
    I remember break landing. It also lands on mega bosses.
    It's actually really easy to pull them without linking, though. They form a square perimeter around the center of the room, with a few gears roaming around inside the boundaries. Wait for the roaming ones to move away and then pull the corner gears from inside the room (so it doesn't decide to walk past the others on the way out).

This question gets asked so often. Let me see if I can find a link to one of the many times it's been answered.

If your Byakko's Haidate is augmented with Store TP and Crit DMG, use this (ideally with a Rancor Collar): http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/227766
    If not, switch the legs to +2 and the boots to Usukane.
    Outside of abyssea, switch the body to +2 and use the second set up. If you're fighting really easy stuff, keep the Artifact body equipped. If you know you're close to capping crit. rate from DEX, feel free to use the first set up.

Acceptable is a tricky word. Getting +2 items isn't very difficult, but if you're limited on time or can't get the items in the above sets for any other reason, just get the next closest thing.

I assume you're using Blade: Jin.
    Aias bonnet replaces Voyager's Sallet. Switch Suppanomimi out for an attack earring, or possibly a crit. hit rate +1 earring from Mis. Coast. +2 body is better than Loki's for Jin. Switch bracelets for +2 gloves. I may be wrong on this bit: switch belt to Anguinus or Cuchulain's. Switch feet to Iga +2 when you have them. Iga +1 is probably better outside anyway.

Again, if you can't obtain these items, just go for the next best thing.
    Your TP set has 27% Haste, Dusk+1 not needed

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Valisk
    Gearsets for THF? I'm assuming you just want a basic TP/WS set? This is what I use:

TP: http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/45070
    WS: http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/45075
    Just out of interest, any reason for using Heca Cap+1 and Thunder Soul over Rajas and Aias Bonnet? 12Str/13Dex vs 13Str/13Dex

Blobdingnah is a push over if you fight him in a puddle, the babies will deaggro.
    I tried this and they didn't de-aggro. Is it a perticular puddle?

Is Carabosse and the NMs needed to pop him soloable by Nin/dnc?
    KI NMs are a joke, but Cara will pose some trouble afterwards. If winter breeze dispels shadows then you'll be in trouble as her nukes hit hard and she often uses them close after Breeze so can't get shadows back up again.
    You could beat her if you got lucky. Summer would suck because of her regain, but if she doesn't use it then it'd be ok. Breakga and Sleep aren't a problem as she'll just whiff you while you wait for them to wear and not get enough TP to change season to something that will fuck you. If Winter Breeze dispels something not shadows then you'd only have to watch out for aga. Sometimes you'll have time to geet shadows back up anyway before she decides to cast.
    So yeah, if she didn't use Summer Breeze and you got lucky on Winter Breeze, you could solo it.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I think you need a puddle with single water weather active. If you have double water weather, I don't think you even need to be in a puddle.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

If I copy the user folder does it save the way your items are currently sorted?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 149 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast