Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

RIP Ebay (Sellers getting screwed)

Just wondering how's that 9% FVF is treating everyone that's selling regularly.

I'm currently selling stuff, but plan on not paying a fucking dime except the Paypal tariff. Already closed my personal bank account to prevent their autopay shit lol.

Really don't understand how they are still hanging in there with everyone else in the Market. Despite their huge drops in transactions & crash in sellers.

Current Stocks

Piece of the medicine if you have no clue what FVF is.

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/topic/Sel...ees/5100014042

Ridill
    BG Level

I started to try and read from the link you posted, but most of it is just people complaining and I still have no idea what exactly FVF is.
    They charge you an extra amount of money equal to 10% of your shipping cost?

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I stopped using E-Bay when my friend was scammed out of hundreds of dollars because a buyer bought his stuff then asked for a refund (and surprise, surprise). He was forced to pay the guy back and didn't ever get his product.

Someone tried the same crap with me and wanted to buy an iPod I was trying to get rid of. I had an interested buyer and DIPSHITPRINCE from Nigeria wanted it for 5x the asking price, so long as I paid shipping. I told him to fuck off and reported it and he won the bid anyway. I contacted e-bay about fraud and luckily I was able to pull the item and sell it to someone else.

E-Bay did it to themselves by screwing the seller in the end. It's an alarming trend in business where the customer can do whatever they want to screw the seller, which is no surprise either as more and more assholes each day buy (or steal) something, use it (or not), then go back to the store and say "yea didn't work" or "yea got this as a gift" and get money back. It only hurts retailers and manufacturers when stupid people do that.

Then again, it's a free market. Guess it's just supposed to work that way.

I started to try and read from the link you posted, but most of it is just people complaining and I still have no idea what exactly FVF is. They charge you an extra amount of money equal to 10% of your shipping cost?
    No, they charge an extra 9% fee of the final value of the sale to cover fees associated with sellers adding shipping surcharges to make extra money. Say the final price is $100, including $20 for shipping (of which $10 is actually for shipping). Well they would charge an extra $9 so that you didn't make any extra money from the shipping surcharge you put on there. This hurts people who don't actually add that to their price, forcing them to raise the auction price so that they can recoup the expenses.

Essentially, E-Bay is trying to get a piece of the pie by turning from "hey, auction your stuff here" to "hey, this is our turf, and if you're going to make money so are we".

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

This, plus all the other fees they've been charging in the past.

TL:DR they make a killing off of almost no bandwidth.

Sellers built Ebay, and sellers will slowly take it down. Buyers don't do shit to help the market besides completing a transaction to profit ebay/paypal.

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

I sold an iphone a few weeks ago for $430 and payed out the ass in final fees. I think I netted $370 (which was cool, I bought the phone for $300 on facebook and got a free otterbox out of the deal) after the ebay + paypal fees. But yeah, from now on, I'll try to sell shit on facebook. Regarding FVF on shipping, I always offer free shipping, as it usually encourages more bidding which drives up the cost and ultimately the final value typically exceeds the price + shipping that similar auctions with shipping charges get.

I also hate that they won't allow sellers to give negative feedback to buyers. That shit is absurd.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I really hate "the customer is always right" bullshit line...its such a load of crap

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    I also hate that they won't allow sellers to give negative feedback to buyers. That shit is absurd.
    I never knew this as I've never had to give it out. Fucking wow lol

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

What really makes it suck is that a scammer can essentially buy a few $1 chinese items to build a decent rating and seem legit, then ultimately fuck someone on a larger ticket item. I refuse to ship outside of the US.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

so stop using ebay?

I pullout to go pee.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Winterhoof

Quote Originally Posted by solanis View Post
    so stop using ebay?
    ^

What should we use that's not ebay?

2600klub

Loves tits more than you

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Amazon

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I'm in a fight with paypal right now lol. They put a hold on my account(21 days before I get funds) so I'm well beyond pissed with that and eBay's changes. Not selling anything via paypal or eBay. Going to have to look into Google checkout and amazon I guess...

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Is this FVF structure perhaps the idea of some new CEO or someone high up who took over?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

someone at the top's son/daughter wanted a new ranch filled with ponies.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

I stopped using ebay for as much as possible after having to deal with all the shipping bullshit. I know that shipping can be expensive but fuck you if you say that a book that weighs barely over a pound is 12 dollars for shipping and when it does arrive its in a bubble envelope that has OBVIOUSLY been used 10+ times.

if ebay is adding extra fees for people who are being shady on shipping, I honestly applaud it, as a buyer its pissed me off to have a great deal fucked up because the shipping was a load of bullshit. But it sucks that people are still getting ripped off on this stuff. So there is no middle ground sadly.

It's sooo veiny

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Yep I have decided to stop selling there as well after selling a PS3 there a couple weeks ago for $215 with free shipping, after paypal fees, listing fees, and the absurd FVF I think i got 181.00 then paid 16.00 or so for shipping so ended up making around $165.00 on something I sold for $215.00. Fuck em'

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Stopped using Ebay years ago because of the fees. Hand in hand with paypal fees they really fuck sellers.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnell View Post
    Amazon

This is probably where most people are going.

It always amazes me sometimes when a company starts getting competition/losing sales their best answer is to piss off their customers even more by raising prices to "cover costs". People in general don't have loyalty to a company, it just always seems like a terribad business move (hi2u Blockbuster). Especially when it comes to internet sites considering they are all accessible.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    This is probably where most people are going.

It always amazes me sometimes when a company starts getting competition/losing sales their best answer is to piss off their customers even more by raising prices to "cover costs". People in general don't have loyalty to a company, it just always seems like a terribad business move (hi2u Blockbuster). Especially when it comes to internet sites considering they are all accessible.
    Companies stopped thinking in the long term a decade+ ago. If it jacks up their stock price in the short run, it's a "good" decision. Average lifespan of an S&P 500 company has dropped about 80% since the index started.