+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Kerberoz View Post
    Why would anyone want to use OnLive if they have a PC that can run DE:HR? Onlive is for people with computers from 2001 who want to play The Sims 3 in Youtube-SD quality with quarter-second input lag.
    when i alpha/beta tested onlive i played games in 1080p without any noticable lag. was quite nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    i dont think anybody can convince izembo otherwise, he will defend GS to the death
    Drones gonna Drone.
    late but lol
    http://i53.tinypic.com/1z4evx4.jpg

You think this is the real Dmitry?
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I wonder how much spam that guy is gonna get now.

Not gonna read the whole thread, but when I worked at Gamestop (2001-2004), employees were able to take NEW games home for up to 4 days, open them, play them, and then take them back to the store (where we re-sealed them with a shrink wrap machine and sold them as brand new!). It was an employee "perk".

I believe this "perk" has since been discontinued, but it just shows the kind of shitty company Gamestop is. Horrible. I will never shop there again.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Kerberoz View Post
    Why would anyone want to use OnLive if they have a PC that can run DE:HR? Onlive is for people with computers from 2001 who want to play The Sims 3 in Youtube-SD quality with quarter-second input lag.
    hubby has done demos, the quality is extremely nice. Though, I argued with him about this for a fucking while 'cause I didn't get it either. Only real positive I see outside what you said (about old computers) is not needing to take up hardware space, which isn't a huge positive. I think mostly it's going to be to keep an eye out to see what sales they offer.

Quote Originally Posted by takethistoyourgrave View Post
    Not gonna read the whole thread, but when I worked at Gamestop (2001-2004), employees were able to take NEW games home for up to 4 days, open them, play them, and then take them back to the store (where we re-sealed them with a shrink wrap machine and sold them as brand new!). It was an employee "perk".

I believe this "perk" has since been discontinued, but it just shows the kind of shitty company Gamestop is. Horrible. I will never shop there again.

ya hubby used to managed a gamestop around this period and he told me this as well.

Lol at Iz claiming other companies do the same type of shit. The only reason gamestop did this in the first place was because for years and years they could do it and get away with it. They had no competition when it came to a "good" selection of games when they first bought out funcoland + eb. Plus the obvious appeal of reselling those games. It's only been in the past 5-6 years that people are really making the switch to places like BB and Target for new games, and online for used.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by takethistoyourgrave View Post

I still work at Gamestop, and we still do this. I don't like borrowing new games and opening them, so I'll only take one of the copies that is already opened for display. I think the whole point is so employees can be "informed" about new games, but its really just a free rental for most people. It really depends on the manager though, some only let used games get borrowed, some don't care. Both stores I've worked at had a shrink wrap machine to seal the last copies sold, and like others have said the uninformed public doesn't care.

I understand the idea behind gutting games for display, but I don't see why we can't do what Wal Mart or Target does and just have them locked up in display cases. I guess this way is just less hassle for customers and employees. I'll give people the shop worn 10% discount for opened games if they say something, but higher ups don't like this. So just ask for that if they try selling you an open game.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

for what it's worth, some people aren't uninformed, they just don't think it's worth getting their knickers in a twist as long as the game works fine. I mean yeah if you get a game that's scratched up or some shit, then they might care, but if the disc isn't messed up, I personally don't give two shits if it was "gutted".

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

i'm still pissed they bought funcoland tbh

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    for what it's worth, some people aren't uninformed, they just don't think it's worth getting their knickers in a twist as long as the game works fine. I mean yeah if you get a game that's scratched up or some shit, then they might care, but if the disc isn't messed up, I personally don't give two shits if it was "gutted".
    what if the guy cummed all over the disc then wiped it off before selling it "new"?

I bet you WOULD like that.

fucking qbert.

creepo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    what if the guy cummed all over the disc then wiped it off before selling it "new"?
    Well I know where I'm not buying Catherine from now.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

some places charge extra for that

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Onlive is kinda neat cause of the cloud gaming, which is something the other companies are just now getting into. I also hear they're looking into setting their service up to use on mobile devices; imagine playing this game on your iphone or droid, that'd be pretty neat.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6