1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 15 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 44 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 22 hours, 15 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 11 hours, 44 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Popping in to clarify that the Beastman Strongholds will indeed be open world areas and not instanced.

I also wanted to show you guys the bigger images of Zahar'ak. Since the forum software kinda shrunk and further compressed the images, I added direct links under the images of even bigger and higher res shots. Enjoy!
    Use the link if you want pics:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...901#post335901

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I'm glad they're not instanced, we need some life in dis world.

New Odin
    BG Level

BAM.

Hello! This is Producer/Director Yoshida.

Sorry that this post is late!
    Though this is mainly a thread about the recipe edits, since the discussion is largely shifting into gear limitations, I’d like to discuss about my plans for the future of equipment requirements!
    This is uber-long, so please feel free to read it when you have some time.

Premise
    I touched on this in yesterday’s post on the repair system, but I am planning to write about the basic direction I think about in terms of FFXIV and modern day MMORPGs. Please read that as well once the letter is released.
    (Considering the current development situation, it seems like the letter will be released right before patch 1.19 goes live)

Importance of Individuality in MMORPGs
    Of all online games, the MMO genre has thrived from everyone playing them for extremely long periods of time. Within MMORPGs, being able to individualize a character is a very important element that makes people continue to play for long periods of time.

Putting on rare equipment that other players don’t have, boasting your style by wearing equipment combinations others hadn’t even thought about, becoming the adventurer you dreamed of drawing a sword engulfed in flames! I am sure the wands that are shining with light that high level character equip will be a strong incentive to level up, clear content, and aim to be a great mage! (We will implement these kinds of weapons sometime soon lol.)

However, individuality is a really difficult theme for developers.
    Especially with equipment, the appearance and the stats need to be inextricably linked.

Below I will discuss looking at MMORPGs from an item only standpoint.

Equipment Appearance and Stats
    Since an item’s stats increase a characters abilities and make it easier to clear content, for players of course, the higher the stats the better.
    Naturally, players will want these types of items and it will become a motivating factor for clearing content.
    (Especially for end-game focused MMORPGs)

However, on the other hand, if everyone starts to equip these items placing emphasis on stats, the whole individuality of appearance will die.
    On the developer side, they spend a lot of time and effort creating original designs that fit these items because they have such strong stats.
    Due to this, the developers adjust the difficulty of obtaining these items so players can equip them.
    Item wise, the content difficulty and drop rate are arranged based on this.
    (For content difficulty we don’t really think of it based on reward, but it’s pretty complex so I will omit that portion)

When differences in obtainment difficult items are added, time lag will arise before everyone gets through it and it’s in this time period where we can preserve the individuality of appearance.
    The development team works hard to make sure that this time lag does not fill up by preparing new content and original items, and also makes sure that the balance between appearance and stats is preserved.

On the flip side, appearance is extremely important, regardless of class, to role play as your own character. In the real world, I am pretty partial to western clothing lol.
    If there is anyone who wears the same brand of clothing, I think there comes a time when you say to yourself “Hmm, maybe it’s time to try something new.”
    In my case, if someone were to say “Game producers can’t wear these types of clothing!” I would think “at least let me wear what clothes I want!”

This is the same in the world of Eorzea. I believe it is a natural desire to enjoy the equipment coordinating and living life in Eorzea as you wish.

With that said, I would really like to place an importance on two kinds of desires:
    I want to equip items with high stats before anyone else!
    I want to have fun and look awesome by equipping a lot of things as I please!

This is a fundamental.

Balance between performance, appearance, and classes
    When trying to allow freedom for both performance and appearance, it becomes very difficult, because the concept of classes must also be considered for battles.

In order to allow all gear to be equipped freely based on appearance with no worries about performance, every item must have the same stats. The following is an extreme example.

If a mage wearing full-plate armor is able to continue to cast spells with ease while being attacked by numerous monsters, I think there is something wrong. In addition, a third person watching this scene will not be able to distinguish whether the player is a mage or warrior. The individuality of the character itself will increase, but the individuality of warriors is lost. It is even safe to say that this game will not feel like an RPG. As a result it is necessary to implement restrictions such as, "mages cannot wear full-plate armor," or, "if mages wear full-plate armor, the gear will have very little effect."

In the case that we do not “allow mages to equip full-plate armor,” we will not have to consider whether to make the item weaker when mages equip it. Likewise, the problem of visualization can be averted too. The flipside of this is that the individual player’s freedom dies.

In the case that we allow "mages to equip full-plate armor as well but not allow it to exert its maximum potential," we will design the item so that it weakens when equipped by a mage. However, if full-plate armor turns out to be weaker than a robe, not only will players be upset but this will also break the balance of the game itself. The normal thought process would be, "Then I’ll just wear a robe when fighting!” At the same time, if the dev. team decides, "Well, it is a full-plate armor after all, so we might as well make it better than the robe," then Eorzea will be filled with sorcerers fighting in full-plate armor. Robes would go the way of dinosaurs.

If I were a mage wearing a robe because that is my image of a mage and my PT members tell me, “Mages should wear full-plate armor too!” that will be a major turnoff for me.

Let me pose a few examples:
    “Uniqueness of an individual character” vs. “uniqueness granted to ‘classes’ such as Disciples of War/Magic” vs “uniqueness in the form of performance”
    I understand that these are extreme examples but I believe they illustrate the reason why there are restrictions on equipment because unique characteristics can cancel each other out under certain conditions. We refer to this as the “player’s motivation.” However, we apologize for not making it clear as to which “uniqueness” this motivation was aimed at.

There is no Universal Answer
    We want to keep the uniqueness of each characteristic, so there will be no black or white design change such as “We are going to put restrictions on all items!” or “None of the items will have restrictions!” This is because in order to appeal to as many players as possible in today’s world of MMORPGs, we must be able to cover many characteristics. It is easy to choose one universal option, but this will not make us competitive in the long run. As greedy as we may sound we will spare no effort in achieving this goal. We believe that it is best to have both and, in the end, it will come down to the “balance” of the content for each patch.

Allow me to lay down a scenario. A small group of hardcore players will skip sleep or the need to eat and jump into a high level battle right after it is released. These players will then be the first to obtain a shining rod that has devastating powers and can only be equipped by a black mage. Other players will gaze at these hardcore players with aspiration. However, in 3 months time, a solid strategy will be formulated and the difficulty level of the battle content will be adjusted too, allowing players “who cannot put their entire life into gaming” to eventually obtain the shining rod. On the other hand, the next battle content will arrive by that time and hardcore players will be able to continue challenging themselves. This is the ideal cycle for highest level items in end-game MMORPGs. (This is Final Fantasy so we plan on putting in slightly unusual features for items like Excalibur)

We believe that by overcoming content that is extremely difficult, restricted by level and class (job), and have low drop rate, players can achieve a true sense of accomplishment and superiority. This is also a unique characteristic. Please consider high level crafter recipes to fall under this category as well. (Of course, this will not mean that all recipes are going to)

Meanwhile, “basic” items that crafters make are divided by recommended level and since restrictions on class equipment is relaxed, a large number of items can be equipped by all classes. Even if individual effects may differ, the majority of cloth and leather items can be equipped by anybody. Certain restrictions may apply but the primary limitation will only be in the form of “This is for Disciples of War,” “this is for Disciples of Magic,” “this is for Disciples of the Hand,” “this is for Disciples of the Land,” etc. The only exception will be on equipment made out of metal. (Even my favorite Monster Hunter has minimal restrictions like swordsman/gunner. Changing weapons will switch classes. I think this is also the good thing about FFXIV’s armory system)

The restriction mentioned above materializes when a particular equipment is crafted with its “performance geared towards a specific class.” The overhaul on recipes this time is meant to add variety and allow crafters to craft equipment for general purposes or with certain classes in mind. The majority of the basic equipment will now have level recommendations but no class restrictions. However, with the implementation of materia craft and the eventual expansion of its system coupled with the competition over drop items from new battle content, the chances of the ultimate equipment being created are very much real. An item that matches the greatest level of freedom with extraordinary performance just might be born.

Final Thoughts
    The number of “Equipment with many restrictions” and “equipment with relaxed restrictions” will both increase with the coming of patch 1.19 and beyond. The increase in new recipes for crafters will create more equipment with relaxed restrictions and the introduction of more difficult content will result in the gradual increase in class-specific equipments with many restrictions. The numbers of each equipment type introduced may differ by patch, but we are working carefully to keep them balanced. In the meantime, keep those opinions and feedback coming!

P.S.
    I plan on making a post about material craft on Friday night but please give me some sleep time until then. ^^;
    Also, I believe we can update you in the near future regarding the adjustments being made to the capacity of bags and number of retainers that can be owned.
    Also the two other posts:

I appreciate the lively discussion that’s been taking place here.
    Before I start, I’d like to apologize that my post is late as we were struggling through a dizzyingly busy week. While I was busy running around, you were busy creating a range of topics that even touched on the in-game economy! But today, I’ll be going back to basics. Let me start with our plans for the item repair system in 1.19 and from 1.20 onwards! (As for the in-game economy, we cannot really get into this subject at the moment until every single element of the system becomes “normal.” Otherwise there are too many aspects to talk about and it’ll end up too confusing to discuss)

Premise
    Over the next few days I can promise you more posts after this one, and in the next producer’s letter I will let you know more of my thoughts about the fundamental direction where FFXIV and current generation MMORPGs should be heading. I hope you are looking forward to my new letter which will be out soon. However, due to our current situation and progress, the letter will be posted just before 1.19 is released. So in the meantime let me explain what 1.19 has to offer through videos which you have been requesting!

General policy about the repair system
    When I consider the death penalty and FFXIV as a current generation MMORPG, which entails striking a balance between risk and reward and taking your lifestyle and work into account, the common link seems to be the “concept of equipment durability”. I mentioned it before and it’s still on my mind. Equipment worn in battles will lose their durability over time; this could be seen as a small milestone in your long journey. It will motivate you to get new equipment, crafters can demonstrate their repairing skills, and players can feel the reality of seeing their equipment age over time. So I believe we should keep degrading armor and repair systems as they are. (Some have pointed out that it’s not really a death penalty for crafters as they can fix their gear, though I don’t see any problem with that. Players can raise their crafting level with some serious grinding, so I think this balances out the death penalty)

Yet we have a massive problem with the current repair system
    I know it has been a huge issue that we ask you to devote a tremendous amount of effort to repairs. As I mentioned above, the concept of equipment durability and degradation has an impact on various systems, player motivation, settings and the death penalty, for only minor rewards. Therefore, I understand there is a big problem with the imbalance between the amount of work needed and the stat increases that can be gained. In short, I concluded that repairs should become a lot easier, if I take balance into consideration (Although I wouldn’t be able to respond if you were to say it’s a long time coming)

There are two ways to repair items
    We already implemented two different ways to repair items in the game: paying NPCs or disciples of the hand. However, both methods have their respective problems and the solutions are also different. Therefore, I’d like you to understand the tweaks and changes below which address each method. We will evaluate the system comprehensively when it comes to actually implementing changes. However I wanted to be clear about the features, as the discussion may go off track on the forum.

Adjustments in Patch 1.19 (Focusing on NPC Repair Adjustments)
    Currently the goals we’ve set for ourselves for 1.19 are pretty extensive, and it won’t be possible to implement most of the new features in a single patch. Therefore it looks like there will be several stages of implementation over patch 1.19 and 1.20 to improve the repair system.
    The updates in patch 1.19 will mainly focus on NPC repairs.
    (In a way, I suppose the adjustments will involve crafter repairs)

1. There will be a “Repair NPC” and a “Merchant NPC” stationed at every Aetheryte/Settlement.
    2. When an NPC repairs an item, the level of durability will be restored to 99% of the item’s condition.
    3. Only crafters are able to restore an item’s durability to 100% (As per the design)
    4. The price for NPC repairs will be greatly lowered.
    (The price per item will be fixed at 100G/500G/1000G/2100G/5000G according to the level of the equipment)
    5. The cost of Dark Matter will be lowered.
    (G1/G2/G3/G4/G5 = 50G/300G/700G/1500G/3500G)
    6. The decrease in condition based on equipment deterioration changes are as follows:
    No decrease in status/attributes for durability levels between 100 and 1
    If durability reaches 0, it will have a “Damaged” status, and the equipment attributes will be treated as 0
    When durability is 10 or below, a yellow icon will appear which will indicate that it is nearing the durability limit
    When durability is 0, a red icon will appear which will indicate a damaged item is equipped

So that’s the plan for repair adjustments for patch 1.19. I’ll be sure to keep you updated. To cut it short, equipment deterioration during normal use of items is:

The line for equipment's stat deterioration will be clear and there will be no more need for partial repairs (the icon won’t be annoying)
    The pricing for NPC repairs will be reasonable, and it will be possible to have affordable repairs which will restore to durability 99%
    When second-hand items go up on the market, repairs carried out by a crafter will be needed
    The price of Dark Matter will be lowered, and it will not demand a large amount of gil

These things mean you won’t feel forced to level a crafting class in order to repair your own equipment.

Adjustments for Patch 1.20 Onwards (Focusing on Disciples of the Hand Repair Adjustments)
    I’ve finalized the plans for changes to the crafter repair procedure for 1.20.
    If there is a chance to speed up the process then we will. In any case, the huge amount of trouble repairers have to go through is a real problem, and I have thought about adopting this basic flow.
    1. Perform a command every time when you repair, to cut out the animation which plays each time
    2. If Dark Matter can be offered by the one who is getting their equipment repaired this will make work a lot easier for the crafter
    3. Add Dark Matter G6 (Level 50+ exclusive equipment) and readjust the specifications and price of G5

Apart from this, making the repair request icon more visible and simplifying the ability to collectively repair equipment is in the works. Furthermore, I was thinking it would be ok if all Disciples of the Hand classes, aside from Alchemist/Culinarian, would be able to repair any equipment.

It doesn’t mean that each disciple of the hand class will be knowingly gathering up all the equipment that they are able to repair, and even if there is a repair request, the parts that can be repaired will differ depending on the crafter. So in the end there are huge losses at stake for both the repairer and the one seeking repairs.
    (I have a different plan for Alchemists and Culinarians doing repairs. However, it might be over simplified…? There will be something like a repair kit which crafters can use. (It might be an idea to have something like a repair kit which only crafters can use)
    As I really want to get feedback from all of the current crafters out there, I plan to launch a third survey after the release of patch 1.19. ^^

So, my time’s up and as always I have written a lot, however that is it for the repair improvements plans! Looking back on things again I feel I should have done something about this sooner…

From now on, when you are in an emergency let me hear what you have to say and we will work hard to release new contents and make adjustments. So please keep on telling us your opinions/feedback!
    I'm sorry, I forgot to post information regarding accessories.

Repairing accessories (Post patch 1.19)
    Plan A: Stop loss of durability of accessories.
    Plan B: Allow NPCs to repair accessories.

If we choose Plan B, we will look into implementation as soon as possible after patch 1.19.
    We are still in the process of carefully reviewing Plan A.
    We are also looking into a system that would charge abilities with recast timers in conjunction with accessories, so I'd like to take a bit more time to think about the balance for this. (I think it would be nice to get rid of durability and implement a recharge cost)

Due to the adjustments necessary, Plan A would require more time than Plan B.

Classification of gear that can be repaired by Disciples of the Hand
    I mentioned this in my previous post, but we have not fully decided to allow repairs of all gear by all crafting classes (other than alchemy and cooking).

Of course we are taking into account issues of story and crafter identity, but we don’t think that this should cause any stress. We believe that at this level, players will have their preferences, which is why we are conducting a survey in order to factor in the players’ opinions in our final decision.

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...351#post341351
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoki_Yoshida View Post

Hello! Producer/Director Yoshida here.

This will be my last long post for the week!
    As you have all been waiting patiently for info, the first half of this post will be about the materia craft concept and the latter encompassing the specifications. The numbers for the sample specs are still under adjustment, so please understand that these values may change before release.

Since this is a pretty lengthy amount of text, feel free to enjoy it in your down time over the weekend or in between playing!

The Aim of Materia Craft
    The whole goal of materia craft is to create a system where crafters, gatherers, and battle classes can all play together. Materia is developed through battles and crafting, and attached to weapons and equipment that was created by crafters and gatherers. This plan was designed so that this relationship and style of playing will circulate endlessly even if higher tier craft items are added.

Below is a snippet from the synopsis I created.

Materia is an item that is made up of crystallized memories of a piece of equipment that you possessed a spirit bond with and deemed its role was finished. Materia cannot be used alone and it will become a material for crafters using the new synthesis system, "materia crafting." (Original text)

This has just about been implemented just like this.

Converting Weapons and Armor to Materia
    In MMORPGs a ton of weapons and armor are introduced into the game.
    Even for the items you earn when leveling your character, all players develop some sort of bond or memory with them much more for MMORPGs than console RPGs.
    Even if you obtain really powerful weapons and armor, since you just obtained them, you won’t have as much of a bond or any memories like you do with the gear you are currently using. However, your memories and bond are bottled up inside the weapons and armor that you have been using until now. Materia is just that! A crystallization of those memories and bonds.

Since materia is filled with that bond, it will serve to power-up you next piece of equipment. This was essentially my thinking when this plan was formulated.

Materia Attachment to New Weapons and Armor
    Attaching materia to a brand-new piece of equipment has a 100% success rate. The reason for attachment being 100% is ensure than you can inherit the memories and bond that filled the equipment you used up until now. Furthermore, it’s possible to attach materia to all 7 slots of your character equipment (besides accessories), so you will be able to make really significant enhancements if you attach materia to each slot.

However, since materia is solidly inserted, if you remove a materia that has been attached, it will be destroyed. With this said, make sure to carefully select which item you want to attach that materia which is filled with spirit bond.

Until this point, it is the pinnacle of casual as anyone that spends a bit of time can do this.

Forbidden Materia Craft
    The "forbidden materia craft" was created to forcibly add multiple additional "memories" to a single weapon or piece of armor.

This craft is forbidden because adding more than one materia is pushing the limits of the item and includes a high risk alongside it. Therefore taking part in this will include a huge risk. If successful, a single weapon or piece of armor will be equipped with at least two materia, and the power of the materia will cumulate to strengthen the player’s abilities. However, if this process fails, both the gear and materia will be destroyed in the resulting explosion.

Upcoming battle content will be balanced based on regular materia craft. The forbidden materia craft will not be involved in balance considerations, so there is no need to worry. By using the forbidden materia craft, it may result in the emergence of incredibly strong players, but we think that this is well deserved considering the level of risks involved.

Materia Created from Weapons and Armor
    Now I’ll discuss the specifications of the materia system.
    We have plans to update the Lodestone announcement accordingly prior to the release of patch 1.19.

As we previously stated in the announcement, materia includes four tiers of potency:

Materia I (small effect)
    Materia II (medium effect)
    Materia III (large effect)
    Materia IV (very large effect)

An equipment’s level will have an impact on what materia tier will be created, along with the chance of creating a higher tier materia. For example, if you were to transform a level 1 item into a materia, it will have a high chance of creating a tier I materia. In addition, it will have a very small chance of creating a materia one tier higher (in this case, a tier II).

On the other hand, a tier III or IV materia will not be created through a level 1 item.
    Basically, the higher level the item is, the higher the chance it will create a grade III or IV materia.

In order to create a materia, the spiritbond level on the item must be maxed out.
    The spiritbond level on an item is increased through usage, such as using them in battle. If the item is used in battle, the rate that spiritbond will increase will differ depending on the enemy you fight and if the item is optimal for your level. If you were to use an optimal item, the spiritbond level will be maxed out within a few hours of play time.

Once the spiritbond level is maxed, you will have the option of turning the item into a materia via command. It will not automatically turn into a materia upon the max level of spiritbond.

Generally, only crafted items can be materialized at max spiritbond level. Additionally, items with materia already attached can also be turned into materia. However, it will have no impact on the material that will be produced.
    You will not be able to turn powerful items, such as unique/untradeable items obtained from notorious monsters, into materia.

Details Regarding the Different Types of Materia
    We plan to implement about 80 types of materia in patch 1.19.
    There will be various types of materia such as "Intelligence (increases INT)" and "Ironman’s Will (increases STR and VIT)."
    The 80 types of materia are not randomly generated from weapons and armor. There is a pattern regarding what kind of materia is produced (i.e. INT materia will not be produced from swords and axes, etc.)

The Difference Between Materia I and Materia IV
    I will use the “Vitality” materia to explain the tier differences.

Materia I / Materia II / Materia III / Materia IV - “Vitality”

Effect: Increases max HP
    Where the materia can be attached: Shield / Body / Legs / Feet / Belt (5 locations total)
    Maximum stat bonus obtained via combined materia: +280
    Maximum stat obtained from a Materia IV: +28

The difference between a tier I materia and a tier IV materia lies in the amount of HP increased through a single materia. For example, a tier I will grant you +5 HP per materia and the tier IV will grant you +28 HP per materia.

In addition, not all tier IV "Vitality" materia will grant you +28 HP. In some cases, it may give you +24 HP, etc.

What Equipment Can Materia be Attached to
    Materia can be equipped on the following seven parts:

Weapons(Main weapon/shield) / Head / Body / Hands / Legs / Feet / Belt

Any type of materia can be infused to a weapon (main weapon)/shield without any other materia with 100% success rate. When infusing materia, a catalyst item obtained by gatherers will be necessary. When removing materia from a weapon (main weapon)/shield, the materia will be destroyed.

Maximum Materia Limits
    Multiple materia can be equipped at once, and using the forbidden materia craft will enable users to equip a higher number of materia. As such, each parameter will have an upper limit set up (example: HP increase will be capped at +280 for all gear equipped).

Success Rates for Forbidden Materia Craft
    Success rates will be determined for forbidden materia craft, and success rates will differ based on whether two or three materia are infused. Whether or not the item to be infused with materia is HQ or not will also affect success rates. More powerful materia, such as tier IV, will have lower success rates, and the type of materia already infused will affect success rates as well. The system will calculate these success rates, and the rates will be displayed prior to beginning the infusion process.

Conclusion
    This concludes my summary on the concepts and specs for materia craft. Information regarding the types of effects, stats, and locations of materia will be posted on The Lodestone when ready. As evident, the specs of materia craft are complex, and there will be many types of materia with different stats and applicable locations created from each gear item. I hope that crafters will be able to take on difficult requests from their Linkshell members and other players to create gear that offers both good looks and good performance using materia craft.

Materia craft, just like the other crafter/gatherer specs, will continue to be expanded, so we would like to continue development of materia craft following patch 1.19 incorporating user feedback!

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Hello! Producer/Director Yoshida here!

Since posting on Friday night (well, actually I guess it was Saturday morning), I read over all your feedback!
    I was thinking to post a tiny bit after tomorrow, but checking today I saw quite a bit of posts, so here is some quick information.

・Looking into changing the name of “Spirit Bond.” (This is important, so let’s hear your feedback!)
    ・Looking into materia conversion of EX/RARE item next update
     (With the premise that EX/RARE will not yield special stats when converted to materia)
    ・Materia attachment to EX/RARE items will currently not be possible (Depends on content updates)
    ・The calculation system fixes are being implemented at the same time, so it will be possible to feel the weight of stats +1(Matsui is doing his best!)
     (In anticipation of this, materia stats are also being adjusted. Currently on the home stretch)
    ・It will be possible to convert secondary tools into materia, as well as attach materia to them.(Forgot to write this…)

The materia craft introduction system will be added as quests.
    Also, after writing out the full specifications of the system, it definitely seems quite complicated. However, for the actual process of adding a single piece of materia to a single item, while there will be certain requirements of materia effects that can be attached depending on the equipment slot, there is no fear of failure and it will only enhance your equipment, so it’s really not as complicated as it looks.
    This is essentially the starting line.

Once you start to get fixated on stats and begin target and hunt down materia effects, you will need to have a good grasp of the specifics. However, since this is a game it is only natural.
    I’d like to officially release the stats as much as possible!

Since this is content that I would like to update for a long time from here on out, besides for the “forbidden” aspect, it is being created to be as simple as possible.
    (My explanation was probably bad)

I hope you are all in suspense for the materia that can be created in patch 1.19 and enhance yourselves as you like.

I shall post again!
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...930#post344930

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Yoshida and Foxclon on powerleveling:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...l=1#post385454

Quote Originally Posted by Foxclon
    Thank you for all of your feedback.

We have confirmed that an aspect related to inhibiting an over abundance of experience point gains is not working as intended as a consequence of removing the claim system. We will address this issue with patch 1.19a. We will provide more details as they become available, so we would appreciate your patience in the meantime.

We are sorry that it has taken us a while to comment, and we’re keenly aware of the very harsh comments posted. We ask for your patience and understanding while we work to address the issue and appreciate your continued support of the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoki Yoshida
    This is Yoshida, the producer/director.

I’m sorry that this is late, but I would like to add a few points.

Power leveling is viewed very differently from player to player, and I still stand by my stance that it should be allowed to a certain extent to bridge the gap between long-time players and newer players. This is because I see it as an act of volunteering, in which the power leveling players are willing to give up their time to help out their friends or family members.

We expected the extent of power leveling to become evident with the removal of the claim system, but we didn’t foresee the extent to which low level players can sit AFK, while in the same party with a much higher level character fighting monsters, without the level differences between the players being applied to the incoming EXP.

The calculations for gained EXP have been fundamentally changed in patch 1.19, which has made this issue more difficult to handle. We considered issuing an emergency maintenance to address this, but the release of patch 1.19a is very quickly approaching, so we have decided to fix the issue in patch 1.19a.

I’m sorry for the confusion that this has caused.

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

This is Yoshida, the producer/director.

I’m sorry that this post is late and I apologize for writing another long post.

First of all, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused by an item’s color affecting its stats in the new recipes. I have read all of your feedback and I would like to speak about the future of colors and their effect on stats.

The fundamental idea behind colors in FFXIV was to create differences in stats for gear. We wanted to separate gear, which was limited in number, into higher and lower tiers. However, we would like to alter this foundation of gear to:

・Color is for individuality
    ・Shape represents strength

However, we were unable to bring our data up to speed with this new model, which is the reason for our problems now.

Although I informed the team about the new specs earlier, I am the one who gave the go ahead, so I am responsible for the error in planning.
    I apologize for my mistake.
    (Also, I have come across some posts that suggest that certain developers have been responsible for specific developments, but this is false, and the developers aren’t even correct. Please keep this in mind.)

We would like to adjust the specs based on everybody’s feedback, but please take a look at the following first.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The reason that I have avoided speaking in detail about colors is because the spec for creating color variations has been performed simply through texture changes. I have mentioned this in a different thread, but I would like to have 24 or 32 colors available for use on any gear item. I would like to accommodate the demands of all players; players who would like to wear all red, players who would like to wear all black, and players who want to have a different color for each piece of gear equipped.

However, if we create all of these colors using texture only, whether on the PS3 version or on a low spec PC, we would face some serious technical problems. Thus, we would like to make adjustments to the item data files themselves.

This is a bit technical, but we will perform color changes by changing the material color and separating the dyed colors from memory. We were able to confirm this with QA recently. Once this has been finished, players will be able to dye their gear in any color. Using the recipe “finished product + dye,” players will be able to freely change color variations as many times as they want.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The reasons that we have encountered our current problems are:

・The color variations currently set up for each gear item are not uniform
    ・The colors have been prepared using textures, so more colors cannot be prepared
    ・In terms of data, the same items with different colors are treated as different items, so it is difficult to add additional colors
    ・Eventually, gear stats and color will be re-implemented as unrelated entities (data will be eased through a Color ID system)
    ・We wanted to allow crafters to create items with different stats by altering similar recipes

Our biggest mistakes were implementing colored items although the colors were not uniform and mixing colors with the concept of allowing crafters to create similar items with different stats. We should have spent more time developing these specs, and I apologize for the mistakes.

There are 2 ways we can fix our mistakes.

1. Add recipes for “Finished product + Dye” and add items for each additional color
    ⇒This is a temporary solution, but color and stats will be clearly separated
    ⇒The only problem is that it will take a long time to add all of the items

2. Remove class restrictions for colored gear until the Color ID system is ready
    ⇒The number of items will not increase greatly, so this could be implemented more quickly
    ⇒Stats will have to be sacrificed for color choices (this can be balanced by Materia)

We are considering the costs of the above two solutions.

Personally, I prefer the 1st solution, but it would be implemented with patch 1.20 in this best case scenario, so at least until then, the current situation will continue.
    (This will also negatively affect our ability to add other content and recipes)
    The 2nd solution cannot be implemented in time for patch 1.19a, but it can be implemented soon after.
    (We are looking into the cost of this solution as well)

We are sorry that we will continue to inconvenience you, but we will do our best to handle this issue as quickly as possible. Information will be posted as soon as decisions are made.

Please continue to submit your feedback!
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...755#post385755

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

I know what you guys mean about that bridge (GO LIMSA LOMINSA!)... Foxclon checked into this and he found out that the dev. team is looking into possibility of letting you whistle for your chocobo in town, and having it put you outside of the city-state gates (while possibly showing that cool "I GOT MY CHOCOBO, YAY!" cutscene when you first rode them out of town)!
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...697#post385697

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Yoshida confirms post about class changes are coming, just a bit late:

Hi this is Yoshida, the producer/director.

I'm sorry for the delay in releasing information.
    We didn’t forget about the announcement [referring to the OP’s topic], but we are still making adjustments, so it will take us at least another week.

I’m currently overseas promoting the 2.0 announcement and I'm commenting from Paris at the moment.
    I’m finally returning to Japan tomorrow, so I will continue to make adjustments on the plane so that we can provide the information as soon as possible!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sci Gauss
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...449#post448449

* The following changes are planned for patch 1.20.
    * All features are under development and subject to change.

The following changes to repairing will be introduced in patch 1.20.
    Simplification of the Repair Motion

The repair motion will be simplified and the time required for the procedure shortened.

Removal of the Repair Screen

Since it is now possible to perform repairs using only dark matter, the repair screen will no longer be displayed after selecting the Repair command.

Repairing Accessories via Repair NPCs

As an alternative to repairing an accessory yourself or requesting it of another PC, NPCs will be able to repair accessories as well.

Inclusion of Level Requirements in Item Help

To make it clear from what level a Disciple of the Hand will be able to repair an item, item help will be updated to include this information.

We will continue to improve repairing in further patches beyond patch 1.20.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...l=1#post506046

Originally Posted by Naoki_Yoshida View Post
    Hello. This is Producer/Director Yoshida.

I’d like to comment on the reasoning behind looking into implementing the spec where you can interrupt spell casting by moving, as was written in the 1.20 patch notes.
    Since this is going to be about the roles and special characteristics of magic classes in battles for 2.0, as well as PvP-related content, this post has become just as long as the longest post I ever made in the past…I apologize.

In terms of MMORPGs I will be writing extremely orthodox stuff, so this might be kind of boring content for the veteran MMORPG players out there…

Please understand ahead of time that this feature is something that is being looked into and tested for implementation, and especially depending on canceling casting and the response for re-casting, there is a possibility that the implementation will be put off until 2.0.

Image and Role of Casters in Parties (Mainly black mage)
    This is a pretty fundamental idea, but first off, the below is the image for predominantly magic using classes in FFXIV:

Lowest defense of all classes
    Largest amount of damage for a unit of time amongst all classes (high DPS)
    Can deliver a concentrated amount of damage in a short time and push the envelope, but will guzzle MP
    Possesses crowd controlling status ailments such as Sleep/Paralyze/Bind/Charm/Heavy

In other words, as long as they are able to cast and not run out of MP, they will possess a great deal of destructive power. However, it is setup to be an extremely one-sided class in the sense that once an enemy gets close, your spells will get interrupted and your HP will fall instantly.

Of course, the above is a very extreme version of a black mage and we are planning to add other casting classes in the future that will have their own specialties that will be different.

As is true for MMORPGs, I would like magic users to be a shining class in FFXIV as well. By maintaining a good distance from a monster, if you can keep firing off strong spells, you will be able to defeat monsters comfortably as long as spells are not resisted.

However, it is a difficult class to manage because if you are not careful your MP will run dry, or you might miscalculate the distance to your enemy and before you know it you are dead.

Digressing a bit, caster classes are the ones I have been playing the longest in my MMORPG history.

Status Ailment Spells and Instant Cast Spells
    For casting classes, we will be allocating status ailment spells to each class.
    They will be given debuff spells ranging from the core: sleep, paralyze, bind, charm, and heavy to spells that will lower enemy’s stats and resistance to magic.
    (We are also planning to add a lot of spells to the currently existing classes at the time of 2.0.)

By commanding these spells which are called “crowd control spells” or “debuffs” in the MMORPG world, you can prevent enemies from getting near you and by combining this with spells that deal damage, you can defeat them before they come in contact with you. This is the fundamental stance for playing a caster class.

Additionally, in order to deal with emergencies when enemies get close, casters will also be armed with instant cast spells. This type of magic has no casting time and as long as the recast timer is up you can just target and activate it in a flash. (There is also non-target AoE magic as well…)
    However, in exchange for there being no casting time for these instant cast spells, they will be balanced with low damage for attack spells, low effect duration times for debuffs, be easily resisted, and have long recast timers.

The reason why they are “casters” is because they are able to select from a variety of spells based on the situation, not only damaging spells.

Image of Casters for Solo Play
    To put it simply, it follows the below flow:

1. Attack enemy from max range with the most damaging spell
    2. Monster aggros and begins to move to attack
    3. Cast sleep and put monster to sleep (OK to slow their movement speed by adding a heavy effect)
    4. Move to the max range while the enemy is asleep or weighed down
    5. Once you have established distance, turn and fire off an attack spell combo to deal a maximum amount of damage
    6. Once damage has been dealt, sleep will wear off and the enemy will begin to move again (however, their HP is halved)
    7. Cast attack spells for combos and lower the enemy’s HP
    8. Finally, use a spell that recovers MP and defeat the enemy

Understanding the enemy’s remaining HP and the amount of damage needed to finish them off is the way a caster solos. If you adjust the damage appropriately so that you can use a spell that has an MP recovery effect, you can move on to the next enemy without much down time.

However, these are the fundamentals for enemies (monsters) that do not have ranged attacks.
    This is what we were considering when we took out the ranged attacks in 1.20 that monsters had been unreasonably given, so this basic way of playing would become possible.
    (Paradoxically, if we didn’t revamp actions and remove these ranged attacks, it would not be possible to create this style of caster, so we took care of each portion leading to 1.20.)

From patch 1.20 on, we will need to carefully handle casters in regards to monsters that use magic and ranged attacks.
    The main reason being that once a caster is attacked, their spells will be interrupted and will no longer be able to attack. (For this we will be performing adjustments as necessary for casting impediments.)

In this environment, if we were to have casters that could move while casting spells, the balance would be completely destroyed and this is one of the reasons that we are planning to make it possible to interrupt spells through movement in the future.
    (By possessing status ailments that make it extremely easy to gain distance from a monster, having this would only make it even easier.)
    This is also the meaning behind making movement=immediate spell interruption (once the server coordinates are updated, casting will be terminated).

Image of Casters for Party Play
    While not much will change from solo play fundamental of “don’t let the enemy get close,” the constraint of not generating too much enmity will be added. Casters have very high stats compared to other classes for dealing damage. If they over do it too much, they will quickly generate a great deal of enmity, the enemy will target them and they will be killed before a gladiator or paladin can help them.

For party play, different than soloing, the monsters you face may be stronger than you or there might be numerous monsters. Since casters are defensively challenged, if you are attacked all at once by multiple monsters or by stronger opponents, the white mage will not be able to cure in time and you will die.

Due to this, casters need to pay attention to enmity, use proper crowd control for multiple monsters and deal the finishing blow while having a good grasp of the team’s dynamics.
    Especially in dungeons and other narrow areas, since it is very hard to get distance from monsters, crowd control spells and good communication with the tank is critical.

On the other hand, for parties in wide areas, if you could not cancel spell casting through movement, it would be possible to easily defeat difficult enemies by repeating the strategy of damaging the enemy and stealing hate, maintain distance while running as other classes beat down the monster, and then casting again, so on and so forth. (Kiting, catch-ball, there are many names for this strategy.)

It will not be possible to cast spell while moving. If an enemy gets close and starts attacking, spell casting will be interrupted. However, once casting is completed, it will be possible to deal a tremendous amount of damage. Casters are a high-risk/high-return type of class.

Naturally, players that play casters can show off their skills by using instant cast spells, which can be fired off even while moving, to avoid danger. As noted earlier, the amount of actions you can perform while moving are not zero.

The balance between mages and melee attackers in PvP situations

In regards to PvP situations, being able to cast spells while moving disrupts the balance.

Let’s take a look at the following situation for example.
    Consider yourself a paladin in this situation.

1. A black mage casts a spell on a paladin from long distance (not the maximum distance)
    2. The paladin cannot attack the black mage unless (s)he moves closer, so (s)he performs one of the following actions
    A. Move out of the black mage’s attacking range
    B. Run toward the black mage to shorten the distance
    3. The black mage observes the paladin’s action and performs one of the following actions
    A. Chase the fleeing paladin while casting spells
    B. Run away from the pursuing paladin while casting spells
    C. Cast sleep to put the paladin to sleep (there is a possibility that the spell is resisted)
    4. The paladin decides to pursue the black mage, but the black mage continues to cast spells while running away from the pursuing paladin
    5. Although the black mage has to stop temporarily while casting a spell, the paladin was unable to close the distance to the black mage and was defeated

Being able to cast spells while moving is way too advantageous for mages.
    Basically, the paladin has no other choice but to flee out of the black mage’s range.
    However, the mage who can cast spells while moving will probably obstruct the paladin from fleeing by casting sleep or heavy.
    Essentially, it is impossible for the paladin to win with the current specs.
    This is a terrible imbalance that cannot be overcome with player skills.

Of course, even if it were by design that spellcasting would get cancelled if a player moved, the mage still has the advantage of getting the first attack off from a long distance. This comes as no surprise in a long ranged class vs. close ranged class situation. However, if a paladin resists a spell even once or if he is able to get within range of the mage while tanking the spell damages with his high magic resistance, then the paladin will dominate the battle. In a close combat scenario, the paladin will be able to knock out the black mage using his shield bash, land an attack combo, and easily defeat him.
    (That is why it will be crucial for a paladin to be equipped with high magic resistant PvP gear in such PvP situations)
    This design which prevents a mage from casting spells while moving is what will give the paladin a winning chance. That is why the specs for a mage’s spell range, in addition to a character’s movement speed, will be a critical factor in balancing classes.

In the current version of FFXIV, we have not made any severe range adjustments on individual spells, but proper adjustment will be made on each spell as we move on. Therefore, when 2.0 comes along and PvP is implemented, it will be important for players who play as a mage, a long ranged attacker, or a close ranged attacker who wishes to make a name for themselves, to fully grasp the attack range for each spell. You will be able to guess which black mage spell has the longest range and which magic attack you just received by studying the colors and shapes of the spell effects and by their damage. Likewise, it is very important to memorize which class/job possesses which spell.
    In this way, it becomes necessary to have the designs to “cancel spellcasting when a character moves” and “only allow spells that can be cast instantly to be usable while moving” in order to maintain the balance between classes and make use of their uniqueness. This is reason number 2.

On a side note, mages are a truly fun class to play in PvP. Unlike a monster, your opponent is also a player so there is no need to worry about enmity. Naturally, the mage will become the primary target for the opposing side because they have the ability to deal high damage spells from long range, put allies to sleep, and stall their advance. In other words, they are the class that players will want to defeat first and this will be quite easy if they can get close enough to the mage.
    Therefore, when a mage encounters an enemy party in a PvP situation, he will want to get out of their sight. This can be done by hiding behind trees or by backtracking and putting some distance between the enemy, but the mage’s function is to disable the enemy, so at a certain point he will come out of hiding and cast Sleep for example… The risks are high but if a mage can find himself free (not being harassed by the enemy whatsoever), then he can cast as many spells as he would like.

Once one enemy has been disabled, the mage can position himself to attack the next target from just inside the maximum attacking range. (If spells are cast from the maximum attacking range, it is very easy for the enemy to move out of range.) If the enemy begins to flee, the mage can immobilize the enemy by paralyzing the enemy or putting the enemy to sleep. If the enemy charges toward the mage, the mage can flee to maintain separation. Once the enemy stops pursuing the mage, the mage can return to casting spells.

I was asked what my favorite race is during the live producer letter and I responded with Lalafell. The reason is that small Lalafells can hide easily and are difficult to target.

Implementation
    This has been a very orthodox narrative on mages, but this is the foundation of mages for me and the rest of the development team. Of course we will be adding spells, abilities and effects unique to FFXIV, so not everything will follow this foundation. (chain spells, nullifying the enemy’s interruption, increased casting speed, increased casting range, etc.)

Therefore, I believe it is necessary to implement the spec in which spells are canceled if the mage moves while casting the spell in order to establish this foundation for mages.

Some of you may think that it would be better to make this change in FFXIV 2.0, but players will be averse to change once they have gotten used to a certain system, so I would like to make this change as soon as possible. Some of you may think that it is too late to make this change over a year after launch, but I believe that it is crucial for the game to take all the steps necessary to implement this foundation. I apologize that this is a long process, but we must make these adjustments one update at a time in order to restore balance to the game.

I also mentioned this in another post, but in case we are not able to achieve the controls that we are aiming for with the existing servers, we have to think of alternative method.
    (Of course, the best outcome is for us to be able to make improvements based on player feedback.)

Finally, we have an opportunity to implement the basic foundation of the game, which will allow us to exert the best of FFXIV from here on out. As such, we would like to inspect and implement this spec as soon as possible.

Conclusion
    Some of you may be thinking, “wow, this was all so obvious.” However, implementing this kind of fundamental stability will allow us to add on so much more to this game. My philosophy for game design, not only for FFXIV, but for all games in general, is that doing everything innovatively, originally or with a novel approach does not always work. As a result, there was no party play strategy involved in FFXIV at the time of its release, which led to disappointment due to players being unable to feel comfortable with the game.

When FFXIV 2.0 is closer to launch, many players may consider switching over to FFXIV from other MMORPGs. As such, I believe it is my responsibility as the producer to provide comfort and stability for players switching over to FFXIV. I also need to think of ways for a whole guild to be able to transfer over to FFXIV with ease…

It is very difficult for players who have spent many years playing an MMORPG to leave behind the currency, characters and items that they have accumulated, as well as the friends that they have made, in order to switch over to a different MMORPG. Also, it is very important to help players who are new to MMORPGs (FFXIV being their first MMO) feeling comfortable with this genre.

I would like to first establish solid fundamentals by implementing a balanced UI, a battle system that is not too complicated and without too many action elements. Once the fundamentals are in, we can then provide a unique experience specific to FFXIV and establish a stable and secure gaming experience for many players to enjoy.

This may seem like a big challenge, but I have done a lot of research and planning to accomplish this goal. I’m sure many of you have many comments you would like to direct toward me, such as there is not enough information, the updates are too slow, post more, sleep more, drink less coffee, and get some sleep sometimes, but I will do my best to satisfy your demands. I’m sorry this has carried on so long, but please continue your support.

Merry Christmas, everybody!

green jellybean
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Pardon my French, I am definetly rusty. But I know people were wondering about this.

Bonjour ici !

Après confirmation auprès de Naoki Yoshida, certains serveurs seront ouverts avec la sortie de la version 2.0 et il y sera uniquement possible de commencer avec un nouveau personnage. (Les nouveaux joueurs pourront donc choisir de démarrer tous sur un pied d'égalité s'ils le souhaitent ou alors de rejoindre un ancien serveur).

Afin d'éviter une certaine inflation il est aussi prévu que les futurs quartiers marchands ponctionnent les bourses de certains joueurs. Il en est de même pour certains contenus haut niveau. (Cela ne veut pas dire que ces contenus ou que les quartiers marchands ne seront uniquement accessibles qu’aux personnes fortunés !)

Encore une fois tout cela est encore en développement, il m'est donc impossible de fournir plus de détails.
    Really rough translation:

Hello,
    Cofirmed by Yoshi-P, certain servers will be opened with the release of version 2.0 which will be only available for new players (the new players will be able to choose to be on equal footing if they wish, or may join an older server).

Something about preventing inflation will cause some aspect of the Market wards to cost more, as well as new content. (this isn't to say that the content and market wards will only be accesible to the rich)

All this is still in development, so its impossible to have the full details.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Good enough translation!

One clarification though, he later realized he was mistaking between "Market wards" and "Resident wards (Housing)".
    The second sentence could be translated by:
    "In order to prevent some inflation, it is also planned that future resident wards may drain some players wallets. The same goes for some high-level contents. (This does not mean that these contents and resident wards will be only accessible to rich players though!)"

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...l=1#post589940

Originally Posted by Naoki_Yoshida View Post
    Hi, this is Yoshida, the producer/director.

Thank you for all of your feedback on the changes to spell casting specs. I would like to respond to some issues.

■Casting spells after moving ■

This is in regards to the time it takes before being able to cast a spell after moving, which we have received a lot of feedback on. There are two reasons for this specification.

①The time it takes to communicate between the client and server

⇒This can take up to 0.3 seconds for transferring packets, plus the response time.
        As an online game, this is unavoidable. (In order to prevent cheating, we cannot use the client only)

②Inability to cast due to movement intertia after stopping

⇒We have reduced this spec as much as possible while maintaining the quality of our graphics.
        Similarly to when /facetarget is used, if we reduce the inertia period any more, we would have to remove it. Since inertia is mapped in the server, it is not possible to cast spells during this time.

With that said, my decision is:
        “If /facetarget is not used, minimize the negative hit to graphics quality”
        “If /facetarget is used, prioritize performance over graphics quality”

I believe that this is the limit to what we can accomplish before the 2.0 re-launch.

Of course we have considered forcefully stopping the movement of the character’s feet as soon as a spell is cast, but this would be too substantial of a change. Also, we plan on implementing spells that can be cast while moving in version 2.0, so we would like to avoid this idea. (It would also be very difficult to separate spells between those that can/cannot be cast while moving, but we have more time to spend on this issue.)

■Behavior when inputting the same action twice ■

Another spec we have been receiving feedback on is that an action will be cancelled if the same action is input again while the action is being performed.

We plan on making an adjustment to this spec in patch 1.22. This spec is an integral part of FFXIV’s game play, but after patch 1.22 we plan on separately handling these cases based on whether /queue is ON or OFF. To explain:

①If /queue is ON

⇒An example of the queuing of actions would be when 3 actions (A, B and C) are input successively and the 3 actions are performed one after the other. If A, B and C comprises a combo, inputting:

Input A⇒ While A is being performed ⇒Input B⇒ While B is being performed ⇒ Input C

This will lead to the combo being executed as quickly as possible.
       However, as unlikely as it may be, there will be situations where the player wants to cancel a queued action before it is performed.

Let’s say A, B and C comprise a combo, A can be performed any time, and a combo with B can be performed if A is successful while the character is to the side of the opponent and a combo with C can be performed if B is successful.

Suppose C is in the queue while B is being performed and the requirements for B are not met (for example: the opponent changes direction). The player will probably want to cancel C. Instead of performing C, which would not be part of a combo, it would be better to cancel C from the queue and re-queue A.

As such, a spec to cancel queued actions is necessary. In order to accomplish that, if /queue is ON, inputting the same ability twice will cancel the ability (in other words, the current spec will remain).

②If /queue is OFF

⇒Since queuing is turned off, no matter what is input, the ability that was input first will be performed completely. As a result, abilities cannot be cancelled while being performed when /queue is OFF.

It would also be possible to assign “Esc” as the “action cancelling key,” but this is not possible for gamepad users, so we believe it is necessary to maintain the ability to cancel an action by inputting it a second time.

Finally, we are also thinking about implementing something like “/actioncancel ON/OFF” in addition to /queue ON/OFF. We are afraid this may overcomplicate things, but we are looking into whether or not this would be beneficial for players.

I forgot to mention one thing. Basically, we will be removing the ability for monsters to cast spells while moving. However, for certain monsters for whom being able to cast spells while moving is a characteristic trait (the Achilles’ heel of ranged classes), we will still allow casting while moving.

It is difficult to pull of WS combos, because monsters change direction too much
    I would recommend either using some form of crowd control before inputting a combo or balancing hate (to reduce monster movement) before inputting a combo. I also feel that it is a test of player skills to try to read the movement of the opponent and input a combo without using crowd control.

There are many behaviors that cause monsters to change directions rapidly, but these will all be removed in version 2.0. I apologize that these behaviors have not been removed yet.

Maybe I am wrong to expect action from the FF14 development team.
    I think you said one sentence too much.
    People will try their best if they receive encouragement and will become fed up if they are criticized too much.
    If you could flatter us a bit more, we would gladly climb up a tree for you.
    Maybe I said a bit too much myself, but remember that it is very late.

So we have to input an ability twice to cancel it, huh…
    Is it not possible to implement a cancel button?
    The problem with a cancel button is that it is difficult to distinguish which ability is to be cancelled during communication between the server and the client. It isn’t that we didn’t think of it. ^^

Are there any players out there who are masters of cancelling actions?
    I’m sorry; I’ve always been a big fan of cancelling actions.^^;

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Originally Posted by Naoki_Yoshida
    Producer/Director Yoshida here,

Thanks for everyone's comment regarding 2.0!

I was originally planning to keep quiet for a little longer until we were ready to release some solid information regarding 2.0, but I have changed my mind. Let me take a moment to release some initial bits of information on the forums (Going to add a link and comment in the next producer letter as well)

As you may all know, you often found the community reps responding with "In 2.0", or "It will come post 2.0", or "It will come with the release of 2.0"

To clarify, all of these questions/answers go through my approval before it is released to the public. If a certain topic fits one of the criteria listed below, the reps will respond with “it will be implemented” or “it will be fixed.”

Content that has already implemented in 2.0's server/client
    Content that has their specifications finalized and currently being implemented
    Content that has their specifications finalized and planned to be implemented
    Content that is planned to be implemented in updates after the launch of 2.0

We are currently working on the promotional site for 2.0 to prepare for this year’s E3 that will take place on June 5th. Additionally, we are in the final stages of a new video that we have been working on. Everything around me is pretty hectic with tasks related either 2.0 or the Seventh Umbral Era.

We will also be starting a new promotion at the end of the month so please look forward to that as well.

After E3, we will be releasing new information in stages. Please be advised that the promotion will also target new players who have never seen or played FFXIV so it will include content you may all be already familiar with. Don’t worry; I’m planning to include new content for the existing players too. Stay tuned!

There are a lot of features we haven't talked about yet as well:

In 2.0’s Character Creation, you can change female character’s bust _____
    You can change the length of a Miqo’te's ___
    Each race will start with its own starting gear
    Letters and Deliveries will be delivered by the familiar ________
    Benchmark program is being remade for 2.0
    When you first play 2.0, the 2D world map is covered and you will have to actually travel to that part of the map to unlock it
    New characters and primals will be added to the main scenario

I should stop here. If I say any more, I’m going to give Morbol and Kato a heart attack (or they might just kill me). Either way, we will be releasing movies with lots of in-game footage, so for now stay tuned and enjoy the fight against the threat of the Seventh Umbral Era.

Oh, and Dalamud looks even more insane in patch 1.22
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...928#post638928

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

[dev1359] Market Area Improvements
    * The following adjustments, scheduled for patch 1.22, are in development and subject to change.
    Patch 1.22 will introduce a number of improvements to market areas.
    The following locations will be added to each city’s market area:
    Limsa Lominsa Mercantile House
    Gridania Mercantile House
    Ul’dah Mercantile House
    In addition, the current item search feature will be moved to the locations mentioned above, and will take place through designated NPCs. This change will allow players to directly purchase items from any city’s market area. For example, a player in Gridania would be able to search for and purchase items from the Ul’dah market area by speaking with an NPC in the Ul’dah Mercantile House.

“Market Guide” NPCs will be added:

In addition to using the existing market area entrances, players will be able to speak with “market guides” around town to travel directly to each Mercantile House.

It will now be possible to search retainer wares by typing item names into the search field.
    * Search results will show all items that start with the entered term.

-----
    To hold a discussion and/or submit feedbacks on this topic, please use "dev1359" as a tag.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...727#post646727

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Issah Grimes
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Beta Test Phase 4 Patch Notes

Items, Crafting, and Gathering
    Spoiler: show

• Fisher is now available.

Coinciding with the release of the fisher class, the following features have been added.
      • Fishing locations up to level 50 have been added.
      • The Fishing Log, Fish Guide, and Records have been added.

• New Items have been added.
    • New crafting recipes have been added.
      Level 50 crafting items that are difficult to create will be denoted as "Lv 50★".
    • The attributes of NQ items have been adjusted.
      Item attributes when level synced have also been adjusted.
    • Gear damage when incapacitated in combat has been reduced.
    • Armor mending NPCs can now restore gear durability to 100%.
      The repair fee will depend on the durability restored.
    • The requirement to choose NEED when lotting on items has been changed.
      Only players who can equip the item in question as their current class or job can select NEED.
    • By speaking with the Calamity salvager NPC, players can trade season event materials from Version 1.0 for complete items.
    • The following changes have been made to dyes:
      • New dye colors have been added.
      • Newly added colors can be used by all crafters.
      • When selecting a previously dyed item in the Item Dying menu, the previously selected dye will now be indicated.

• By using the chocobo whistle, a chocobo will be added under the Mounts section of the Actions and Traits interface.
    • The following changes have been made to minions:
      • New minions have been added.
      • Adjustments have been made to which areas allow minions to be summoned.

• The following changes have been made to materia crafting:
      • Players can now affix materia to the gear of another player.

≪How to Request Materia Melding≫

Select another player, then select Request Meld from the subcommand menu.

Select the gear and materia to be used.
        1. Gear to which you would like to affix materia.
        2. Materia to be affixed.

A confirmation window will appear to confirm your request.

3. Materia to be affixed and its parameter enhancement
        4. Gear to which you would like to affix materia.
        5. Required catalyst.
        6. Success rate.
        7. Reward
        * A Request can be sent without setting a reward.

The player accepting the materia meld request will presented with a confirmation window. Should they select the Meld button, the materia will be affixed to the specified item.
      • The player accepting the materia meld request will presented with a confirmation window. Should they select the Meld button, the materia will be affixed to the specified item.
        Cracked materia that has already been affixed to gear can be converted as is. Players will also have the option to exchange gear affixed with cracked materia for a special currency.

Please review further details on materia system revisions.

• The following changes have been made to crafting classes:
      • Adjustments have been made to the effect and CP cost of several actions.
      • Adjustments have been made to experience points earned by crafting.
      • The Quick Synthesis option has been added.

Leveling any crafting class to level 10 will unlock the Quick Synthesis option. Once unlocked, a quick synthesis button will appear in the Crafting Log.

• The following changes have been made to gathering classes:
      • New actions have been added allowing gathers to find "unspoiled" gathering locations.
      • New items obtainable through gathering have been added.
      • The level of items obtained while gathering and their locations are now displayed in the Gathering Log.
      • The number of gathering attempts for a single point have been reduced from six to four.
      • Players can no longer use food or medicine while gathering.
      • Adjustments have been made to bonuses granted by gathering points.
      • Adjustments have been made to the attributes, GP cost, and level requirement of certain actions.
      • Adjustments have been made to gathering rates and the rate of obtaining HQ items.
      • Dark matter can no longer be obtained through gathering.

• The following changes have been made to the market:
      • Items displayed in the Item Search interface can now be sorted by parameter.
      • A transaction history of all market sales can now be confirmed by speaking with your retainer.

• The following features have been added to retainers:
      • When hiring a retainer, players can now customize their appearance.

* Players from Version 1.0 will also have the opportunity to customize their retainer's appearance. Any changes will be carried over to official service.
      • Players can now choose their retainer's personality.

• The following item names have been changed:

Phase 3→Phase 4Weathered Gladius→Weathered ShortswordInfantry Barbut→Infantry BandanaCavalry Armet→Cavalry MaskInfantry Harness→Infantry ShirtPair of Infantry Mitt Gauntlets→Pair of Infantry GlovesPair of Battlemage's Ringbands→Pair of Battlemage's GlovesPair of Infantry Calligae→Pair of Infantry ThighbootsPair of Battlemage's Duckbills→Pair of Battlemage's CrakowsPair of Battlemage's Crakows→Infantry BeltBattlemage's Satchel Belt→Battlemage's BeltPot of Cereuleum Blue Dye→Pot of Ceruleum Blue Dye

*Grand company gear cannot be equipped during phase 4.

Playable Content

• The level cap has been set to 20.
      *All restrictions will be removed starting from early access.
    • The following areas have been added:

• Mist
      • Wolve's Den Pier
      • Coerthas
      • Mor Dhona

• Additional sidequest up to level 20 have been added.
      *The sidequest "A Relic Reborn" will be available after the start of official service.
    • Additional class quests have been added.
      *Job quests will be available after the start of official service.
    • Voices have been added certain cut scenes in main scenario quests.
    • The following changes have been made to guildleves:
      • Adjustments have been made to the frequency of treasure chests appearing in battlecraft leves.
      • Guildleves for fisher have been added to fieldcraft leves.
      • Adjustments have been made to the content of certain guildleves.
      • Adjustments have been made to gil, experience, and items received from guildleves.
      • The times at which leve allowances are received have been changed to 5 a.m. (PDT) and 5 p.m. (PDT).
      • The initial amount of leve allowances received upon unlocking guildleves has been changed.

• The following changes have been made to guildhests:
      • Adjustments have been made to the behavior of certain monsters.
      • Adjustments have been made to rewards received.
      • Players will now receive a bonus for completing guildhests without being incapacitated.

• The following changes have been made to FATE
      • New FATE have been added.
      • Players who exceed the recommended level for a FATE by six or more levels cannot interact with enemies in said FATE without using level sync.
      • In the event FATE occur consecutively at the same location, characters will remain level synced until all FATE have ended, or they leave the area.
      • The provoke action will no longer effect FATE enemies.

• In order to facilitate testing of PvP environments, the Wolve's Den has been made available during phase 4.
      *During phase 4, players can access the Wolve's Den through the Duty Finder after completing the main scenario quest "Lord of the Inferno."

You can travel to Wolve's Den Pier by speaking with the ferry skipper at the Moraby Docks (X:26, Y:35).
    • Players can now change the name of their personal chocobo by speaking with the chocobokeep in Gridania, Ul'dah, or Limsa Lominsa.
    • Following features and functions will be added to free company.
      During phase 4, only characters carried over from Version 1.0 above level 25 can form a free company.

By forming a free company, players will gain access to a company chest, which can be used to share items between free company members. In addition, members can accrue free company experience points and free company credits.
      • Accruing free company experience points will unlock the following features:
        • By speaking with the OIC officer of arms in any of the three cities, players can create a company crest.
        • The maximum capacity of the company chest will increase.
        • By speaking with the OIC officer of arms in any of the three cities, players can affix their company crest to gear.

• Free company actions will become available
          The following actions can be purchased from OIC quartermasters using company credits:
          • The Heat of Battle - Increases EXP earned through battle
          • Earth and Water - Increases EXP earned through gathering.
          • Helping Hand - Increases EXP earned through crafting.
          • A Man's Best Friend - Increases EXP earned by companions.
          • Brave New World - Increases the attributes of all members under level 10.
          • Live off the Land - Increases Gathering.
          • What You See - Increases Perception.
          • What You See - Increases Perception.
          • In Control - Increases Control.
          • That Which Binds Us - Increases spiritbonding speed.
          • Meat and Mead - Increases duration of food effects.
          • Proper Care - Slows gear wear.
          • Back on Your Feet - Reduces the duration of Weakness.
          • Reduced Rates - Reduces teleportation fees.
            *Because chocobo companions are not available during phase 4, A Man's Best Friend will have no effect.

• Purchased actions can be accessed under Actions in the Free Company menu.

• Accessible Instanced Dungeons have been restricted.
        During phase 4, only the following instanced dungeons can be accessed:
        • Sastasha Seagrot
        • Tam-Tara Deepcroft
        • Copperbell Mines
        • Halatali

• The following changes have been made to instanced dungeon level restrictions:

DungeonLevel CapPhase 3
        Phase 4Sastasha SeagrotLevel 15-17→Level 15-18Tam-Tara DeepcroftLevel 16-18→Level 16-19Copperbell MinesLevel 17-19→Level 17-20HalataliLevel 20-22→Level 20-23
      • *Certain quests must be completed prior to entering instanced dungeons.
      • In the event one or more members of the party have yet to clear the instance, all party members will receive a bonus upon completion.
        *This bonus only applies to instances below level 50.
      • In the event a player fails to complete a quest battle several times, they will receive an enhancement effect upon trying again.
      • The following additions have been made to the hunting log.
        • A category for arcanist has been added.
        • Rank 5 has been added for all classes.

• The boarding fee for the ferry has been adjusted.
      • Players will receive experience points when entering a new area for the first time.
        *Experience received is dependent upon your current class.
      • To facilitate ongoing testing, the Limsa Lominsa housing area, Mist, will be available in phase 4.
        The entrance to Mist is located at Red Rooster Stead (X:33, Y:19).
      • Players can now replay cutscenes in the inn by accessing The Unending Journey.

(147)
    Lastygalle - Community Team

System
    Players can now choose to use either the Micro Menu with mouse and keyboard, or the Main Menu using a gamepad.

The following features have been added to the Character interface:

1. A 3-D model of your character will now be displayed.
    2. Players can now toggle the display of their main hand and off hand weapons, as well as head gear.
    3. Players can now update the contents of their gear sets.
    4. The companion interface has been added.
    5. Help text is now displayed for all elements of the Character interface.

The following features have been added to the hotbar:
    • Players can now toggle the display of unassigned hotbar slots.
    • The MP cost displayed on hotbar icons will now change color when targets are out of range.
    • Players can now choose to share hotbars between multiple classes and jobs.
      (Example: If hotbar 10 is set to be shared, changing classes will not affect the contents of hotbar 10.)

The following Features have been added to the target bar:
    • Enemy signs will now appear on enemy target bars.

• Right clicking an enemy target bar will now open the subcommand menu.

Players can now view and edit their search information by right clicking their names in the party list.
    The online status "Looking to Meld Materia" has been added.
    The following features have been added to the map:
    • Quest names will now appear on the map when their objectives are in a different area.
    • Selecting region names on the world map will now open maps for the selected region.

The Recommend list has been added, which displays quests or duty available in your area.
    The Recommended list can be unlocked by progressing through the main scenario. Settings for the Recommended list can be changed under UI settings in the Character Configuration menu.Gear that cannot be equipped by your current class or job will now be indicated by an X mark.
    The icon for items that cannot be sold will now appear grayed out when speaking with a merchant NPC.
    Achievements have been added.
    Achievements earned in Version 1.0 will be carried over to FFXIV: ARR.Players can now select titles earned from achievements.
    Titles can be set on the Profile tab of the Character interface.
    * Titles carried over from Version 1.0 can be set in the same manner.The following changes have been made to emotes:
    • New emotes have been added.
      • /visor - Open or close helm visors.

• Certain emotes can now be used while sitting.
    • Certain emotes can now be used while riding a mount.

First person camera options have been added.
    First person camera auto-adjustment settings can be changed under General in the Character Configuration menu.The following features have been added to the log window:
    • A time stamp option has been added.
    • Players can now copy and paste text from the log window.
    • Additional colors have been added for text in the log window.

• The log window can now be expanded using a gamepad.
      With the log window selected, press Y (△) to expand its size.

• Characters will now lip sync when players chat in the log window.

New weathers have been added.
    • Fog
    • Gales
    • Showers
    • Thunder
    • Thunderstorms
    • Dust Storms
    • Sandstorms
    • Heat Wave
    • Snow
    • Blizzard
    • Gloom

The following text commands have been added:
    • Commands labeled as "Toggle" are generally used for windows which can be opened and closed by repeating the same text command.
    • Commands labeled as "On/Off" are generally used as shown below.

Example: /busy on (Change online status to Busy.)
      Example: /busy off (Change online status back to Online.)

CommandDescriptionToggleOn/Off/meldrequest
    /meldrequest [PC name]Sends a materia meld request to the specified PC. Sends request to current target when not specified.

/reply, /rSends a message to the last player from whom you received a /tell.

/character, /gearOpens and closes the Character interface.○
    /journalOpens and closes the quest journal.○
    /dutyfinder, /finderOpens and closes the Duty Finder.○
    /armourychest, /armouryOpens and closes your Armoury Chest.○
    /fishinglog, /flogOpens and closes the fishing log.○
    /achievementsOpens the list of in-game FINAL FANTASY XIV achievements.○
    /search, /sea [condition]Executes a player search based on the conditions given.
    Multiple conditions should be separated with a space.
    Conducts default search if all no conditions are specified.

Conditions:

【PC Name】
    forename "PC name" Search for a specific first name.
    surname "PC name" Search for a specific last name.

【Online Status】
    leader, away, busy, battle
    event, lookingforparty, lookingtomeld

【Class & Job】
    GLA, PGL, MRD, LNC, ARC, CNJ
    THM, ACN, CRP, BSM, ARM, GSM
    LTW, WVR, ALC, CUL, MIN, BTN
    FSH, PLD, MNK, WAR, DRG, BRD
    WHM, BLM, SMN, SCH
    Searches all jobs and classes if none specified.

【Level】
    [number] Search for that level only.
    [number 1]-[number 2] Search for players with levels between number 1 and 2.
    Searches all levels if none is specified.

【Grand Company】
    Maelstrom, "Immortal Flames," "Order of the Twin Adder"

【Location】
    "Limsa Lominsa," Gridania, Ul'dah<
    "La Noscea," "The Black Shroud"
    "Thanalan," "Coerthas," "Mor Dhona"
    Searches all locations if none is specified.

【Language】
    JA, EN, FR, DE
    Searches all languages if none is specified.

Example:
    /search GLA 20-30 "La Noscea"
    (Searches for all gladiators in La Noscea between levels 20 and 30.)

/teleportOpens the Teleport interface.○
    /actionlist, /alistOpens and closes the Actions & Traits interface.○
    /timersOpens and closes the Timers interface.○
    /recommendedOpens and closes the list of recommended duty.○
    /inventory, /bagOpens and closes your inventory.○
    /emotelist, /elistOpens and closes the list of available emotes.○
    /activehelpOpens and closes the Active Help interface.○
    /supportdesk, /supportOpens and closes the Support Desk interface.○
    /characterconfig, /cconfigOpens and closes the character configuration menu.○
    /systemconfig, /sconfigOpens and closes the system configuration menu.○
    /keybind, /keyconfigOpens and closes the Keybind interface.○
    /macrosOpens and closes the user macro editor.○
    /hudlayoutOpens and closes the HUD layout editor.○
    /macroicon [action name]Displays icon, recast time, help text, and other information regarding the specified action. Can only be used once in the first line of a user macro

/busy [subcommand]Set your online status to Busy or Online.

Subcommands:
    on - Set your status to Busy.
    off - Set your status to Online.
    Toggle between Busy and Online when no subcommand is specified.
    ○ on/off/away, /afk [subcommand]Set your online status to Away or Online.

Subcommands:
    on - Set your status to Away.
    Toggle between Away and Online when no subcommand is specified.
    ○ on/off/lookingforparty, /lfp [class] [subcommand]Set your online status to Looking for Party or Online.

Classes:
    GLA, PGL, MRD, LNC, ARC, CNJ
    THM, ACN, CRP, BSM, ARM, GSM
    LTW, WVR, ALC, CUL, MIN, BTN
    FSH, PLD, MNK, WAR, DRG, BRD
    WHM, BLM, SMN, SCH

A class or job does not need to be specified.

Subcommands:
    on - Set your status to Looking for Party.
    Toggle between Looking for Party and Online when no subcommand is specified.

Example:
    /lookingforparty GLA on
    (Sets your status to Looking for Party as a gladiator.)
    ○ on/off/lookingtomeld, /ltm [subcommand]Set your online status to Looking to Meld Materia or Online.

Subcommands:
    on - Set your status to Looking to Meld Materia.
    Toggle between Looking to Meld Materia and Online when no subcommand is specified.
    ○ on/off/search comment, /scomment [comment]Change your search comment.

/nexttarget, /ntToggle clockwise through on-screen PCs.

/previoustarget, /ptToggle counter-clockwise through on-screen PCs.

/targetlastenemy, /tleRe-target the last enemy you targeted.

/lockon, /lo [subcommand]Lock on/off current target.

Subcommands:
    on - Enable lock on.
    off - Disable lock on.
    Toggle between on/off when no subcommand is specified.
    ○ on/off/focustarget "PC name"Makes the specified PC your focus target.
    Makes current target your focus target when none specified.

/autolockonAutomatically lock on target when initiating auto-attack.○ on/off/autofacetargetAutomatically face target when using action.○ on/off/targetringToggle the display target rings.○ on/off/targetlineToggle the display of target lines.○ on/off/aggrolineToggle the display of aggro lines.○ on/off/autotargetEnable auto-target when no target specified.○ on/off/displayheadToggle the display of head gear.○ on/off/displayarmsToggle the display of man and off hand weapons when sheathed.○ on/off/autosheatheAuto-sheathe weapon when not in battle.○ on/offAuto-sheathe weapon when not in battle.Enable or disable clicking on self.○ on/off/groundclickEnable clicking on field to remove target.○ on/off/chatlog [subcommand]Configure log window settings.

Subcommands:
    name [number 0~3] - Change the way names are displayed in your log window.
    0 Full Name
    1 Last Name Initialed
    2 First Name Initialed
    3 Initials Only

fontsize [number] - Adjust log window font size.

time on - Add time stamps to all messages.
    time off - Remove time stamps from all messages.
    time - Toggle time stamps on or off.
    time 12 - Set time display to 12-hour format.
    time 24 - Set time display to 24-hour format.
    time local - Set time stamp clock to local time.
    time server - Set time stamp clock to server time.

call on - Play sound upon receiving /tell.
    call off - Play no sound upon receiving /tell.
    call - Toggle /tell sound on or off.

/battleeffect [subcommand] [setting]Configure battle effects settings.

Subcommands:
    self - Configure own battle effects settings.
    party - Configure party members' battle effects settings.
    other - Configure other NPCs' battle effects settings.

Settings:
    all - Show all effects.
    simple - Show limited effects.
    off - Hide all effects.

/hud [UI element] [subcommand]Toggle on/off various UI elements.

Subcommands:
    TargetBar,tbar
    FocusTarget,ftarget
    PartyList,plist
    EnemyList,elist
    ParamBar,param
    Minimap,mmap
    MainMenu,mmenu
    ServerInfo,server
    Gil
    InventoryGrid,igrid
    DutyList,dlist
    ItemHelp,ihelp
    ActionHelp,ahelp
    LimitGauge,lgauge
    ExpBar,ebar
    StatusEffects,sfx

Subcommands:
    on Show element.
    off Hide element.
    Toggle between on or off when no subcommand is specified.

/hotbar [subcommand] [number]Edit and configure hotbar settings.

Subcommands:
    set "action name" [number 1] [number 2] - Set the specified action to slot [number 2] in hotbar [number 1].
    If [number 2] is omitted, the action will be set to the slot with the lowest available number.
    If both [number 1] and [number 2] are omitted, the action will be set to the slot with the lowest number available on the hotbar with the lowest number available.

change [number] - Replace current hotbar with hotbar [number].

copy [class 1] [number 1] [class 2] [number 2] - Copy the contents of [class 1] hotbar [number 1] to the [class 2] hotbar [number 2].

display [number] on - Display hotbar [number].
    display [number] off - Hide hotbar [number].
    display [number] - Toggle on or off hotbar [number].

share [number] on - Make hotbar [number] shared.
    share [number] off - Unshare hotbar [number] and assign it to your current class or job.
    share [number] - Toggle between on or off.

remove [number 1] [number 2] - Remove the action assigned to slot [number 2] on hotbar [number 1]. Replace [number 2] with "all" to remove all actions from hotbar [number 1].

/crosshotbar, /chotbar [subcommand] [number]Edit and configure cross hotbar settings.

Subcommands:
    set "action name" [number] [slot name] - Set the specified action to [slot name] in cross hotbar [number].
    If [slot name] is omitted, the action will be set to the slot with the lowest available number.
    If both [number] and [slot name] are omitted, the action will be set to the slot with the lowest number available on the cross hotbar with the lowest number available.

change [number] - Replace current cross hotbar with cross hotbar [number].

copy [class 1] [number 1] [class 2] [number 2] - Copy the contents of [class 1] cross hotbar [number 1] to the [class 2] cross hotbar [number 2].

display [number] on - Display cross hotbar [number].
    display [number] off - Hide cross hotbar [number].
    display [number] - Toggle on/off cross hotbar [number].

share [number] on - Make cross hotbar [number] shared.
    share [number] off - Unshare cross hotbar [number] and assign it to your current class/job.
    share [number] - Toggle between on/off.

remove [number 1] [slot name] - Remove the action assigned to [slot name] on cross hotbar [number 1]. Replace [slot name] with "all" to remove all actions from cross hotbar [number 1].

Slot Names:

LT(L2) + ← = LDL(LD1)
    LT(L2) + ↑ = LDU(LD2)
    LT(L2) + → = LDR(LD3)
    LT(L2) + ↓ = LDD(LD4)

LT(L2) + X(□) = LAL(LA1)
    LT(L2) + Y(△) = LAU(LA2)
    LT(L2) + B(〇) = LAR(LA3)
    LT(L2) + A(X) = LAD(LA4)

RT(R2) + ← = RDL(RD1)
    RT(R2) + ↑ = RDU(RD2)
    RT(R2) + → = RDR(RD3)
    RT(R2) + ↓ = RDD(RD4)

RT(R2) + X(□) = RAL(RA1)
    RT(R2) + Y(△) = RAU(RA2)
    RT(R2) + B(〇) = RAR(RA3)
    RT(R2) + A(X) = RAD(RA4)The following placeholders have been added for macros:

CommandDescription<r>,<reply>Displays the name of the last player from whom you received a /tell.<f>,<focus>Displays the name of your focus target.<lt>,<lasttarget>Displays the name of your last target when no target is currently selected.
    Displays the name of your previous target when a target is selected.<le>,<lastenemy>Displays the name of your last enemy target.<la>,<lastattacker>Displays the name of the last enemy on which you inflicted damage or used an action.<p>,<pet>Displays the name of your current pet.<se.1>~<se.16>Plays a sound effect when used in party chat.The following additions have been made to the Actions and Traits menu:
    • General
      • Target Forward
      • Target Back

• Pet
      Displays all actions acquired by pets.

• Mounts
      Displays all acquired mounts.
    • Main Commands
      • Companions
      • Recommendations
      • Fishing Log
      • Fish Guide
      • Support Desk

Support Desk has been added to the System menu.
    The following options have been added to the Character Configuration menu.

Control Settings
    • General Tab
      • 1st Person Camera Auto-adjustment
      • Enable camera effects when initiating actions
      • Standard Type Camera Auto-adjustment
      • Character Turn Speed

• Target Tab
      • Target Settings
        • Enable auto-target when no target specified.

• Character Tab
      • Character Settings
        • Effects while in motion
          * Moved from the System Configuration menu.

• Inventory Settings
        • Store all newly obtained items in the Armoury Chest.
        • Store all newly crafted items in your inventory.

• Battle Effect Settings
        * Moved from the System Configuration menu.
      • Shop Settings
        • Display confirmation prompt when selling items.
          • Meldable Items
          • Spiritbound Items
          • Unique/Untradable Items

UI Settings
    • General Tab
      • Map Settings
        • Restore map when not moving.

• Main Menu
      • Help
        • Display pop-up help.

• Character Information
      • Duty Recommendations

• Party List Tab
      • Settings

Display Name Settings
    • Display Name Color Settings
    • Display Type

Hotbar Settings
    • Display Tab
      • Hotbar Display Settings
        • Hide unassigned slots. (Windows only)

• Sharing Tab
      • Shared Hotbar

• Cross Tab
      • General Settings
      • Cross Hotbar Display Type
        • Display the settings on "LT+Directional Key:LT+YBAX(△○X□) Buttons | RT+Directional Key:RT+YBAX(△○X□) Buttons"
        • Display the settings on "LT+Directional Key:RT+Directional Key | LT+YBAX(△○X□) Buttons:RT+YBAX(△○X□) Buttons"

• Set Selection
        • Customizing the set selection
          * Can designate the buttons that will switch by hitting R1 button.
        • Customizing set selection while weapon is unsheathed
          * Can designate the buttons on set selection, which will only switch while the weapon is unsheathed.

Log Window Settings
    • Log Window Settings
      • Name Display Type
        Players can now set name displays to full names or initials.
      • Add time stamp to messages.
      • Enable lip sync during chat.

The following changes have been made to the System Configuration menu.

Graphics Settings (Windows only)
    • The following five preset graphics settings are available.
      • Maximum
      • High (Desktop)
      • High (Laptop)
      • Standard (Desktop)
      • Standard (Laptop)

• Real-time Reflections setting added.
    • Shadows setting has been subdivided.
    • Movement Physics setting has been subdivided.
    • The descriptions of certain graphics settings have been adjusted.

Gamepad Settings
    • Button configuration for gamepads has been added.
      * Action settings may be changed within each group of buttons.

Other Settings
    • Players can now choose either PNG or JPEG formatting for screenshots.
    • Players can now choose the language to be used for cutscene audio.
      * Please be reminded that depending on the language selected, audio may not match subtitles.

The following options have been added to the Keybind menu.
    • Movement
      • Steer
        The functionality is the same as pressing the left and right mouse buttons simultaneously.

• Targeting
      • Target Pet or Familiar - F9
      • Target Filter - LB(L1) + X(□)
      • Target Filter - LB(L1) + Y(△)
      • Target Filter - LB(L1) + B(〇)
      • Target Filter - LB(L1) + A(X)

• System
      • Change Window Size - Ctrl + Home

• Hotbar
      • Pet Hotbar - Slot 1-12

• Gamepad
      Gamepad button settings can now be bound to keyboard keys.

The following changes have been made to the HUD layout interface:
    • Window size can now be set to 80%, 100%, or 120%.
      Press the following keys to change the size of your currently selected window:
      • Mouse and Keyboard - Ctrl + Home
      • Gamepad - R3

• To toggle the display of a selected HUD element, right click with your mouse or press Y on the gamepad.

The following changes have been made to character creation:
    • Character height will now be displayed.
    • Character appearance can now be randomly generated.
    • Players can now freely access character appearance options in any order.
    • Names can now be randomly generated based on the naming conventions of your selected race and gender.
    • The following commands can be used to adjust the position of the camera.
      • Mouse and Keyboard - While holding down the mouse wheel, drag the mouse up or down.
      • Gamepad - While holding down LB(L1), press up or down on the left analog stick.

• Camera rotation and environment selection with the left and right analog sticks has been reversed from phase 3.

The following changes have been made to gamepad controls:
    • Players can now take screenshots using a gamepad. (LB(L1) + START)
    • Players can now toggle the display of the HUD using a gamepad. (LB(L1) + BACK(SELECT))
    • Players can now take screenshots while playing on PlayStation 3.
      * Saved screenshots can be found under Photo in the Xross Media Bar.

Battle System
    Arcanist is now available.
    Players can now choose to play as arcanist when creating a character.

The effects and attributes of several actions have been adjusted.
    After unlocking a second battle class, players will receive an experience point bonus known as the Armoury bonus when slaying enemies and participating in FATE.
    This bonus is only applicable to classes other than your highest level battle class.The following features have been added for personal chocobos.
    After acquiring a personal chocobo, a new Companion menu will be accessible from the Character menu.

Players will also be able to change the head, body, and leg pieces of their personal chocobo's barding.

Upon using chocobo barding in your personal inventory, it will be added to your Companion menu's Gear list.New monsters have been added.
    Adjustments have been made to enemy positioning.

Mog Station
    Hello,

In case you've been seeing the words "Mog Station" floating around the interwebs, this is going to be the new FFXIV: ARR service management page that we'll be releasing.

From this handy-dandy site, you'll be able to do things like:
    • Input pre-order bonus codes
    • Request world transfers
    • Check on veteran rewards information
    • Take care of subscription-related things

Transferring Character Data from Version 1.0 (08/15/2013)
    Version 1.0 character data will be transferred to FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn (hereafter referred to as FFXIV: ARR) starting from beta test phase 4.
    This data includes all characters from Version 1.0 as well as the items they possess.
    * Please note that some items have been modified or removed to conform with system changes in FFXIV: ARR.

• Logging in for the First Time Using Version 1.0 Characters

Starting in beta test phase 4, players logging in with characters from Version 1.0 will be allowed to change their character's appearance.

All aspects can be altered, including race, gender, and name. Please note that changes can only be performed once.
    * You cannot select a different World.

Appearance changes made to existing characters during beta test phase 4 will carry over to the release version.

* If you do not change the appearance of your character upon first logging in, you will not be given another opportunity to do so.
    * If you should exit the character editing menu before finishing, you are allowed to resume changing your appearance.
    * Version 1.0 characters that share the same name may be required to change their name based on the guidelines outlined on the Lodestone.
    • Legacy Chocobos

Characters who met the requirements of the Legacy Campaign will receive a legacy chocobo whistle via the Mog Delivery Service starting in beta test phase 4.

By using the legacy chocobo whistle, a legacy chocobo will be added under the Mounts section of the Actions and Traits interface. The legacy chocobo can be summoned by setting the icon to your hotbar.