1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 3 hours, 52 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 20 hours, 7 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 20 hours, 52 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 13 hours, 7 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Comments from the Developers (NO DISCUSSIONS)

As the title implies: This thread will be solely for copy/pasted information from the Lodestone/Forums. Please keep the discussion in the other thread.

This OP will not be updated. If you see something new just quote it here. Keep the discussions in the other thread.

Please use the same format as the example below this post.

Note: If you're going to quote the Japanese parts for reference use the CODE tag to prevent the page from breaking.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Originally Posted by Mocchi
    I spoke with Minagawa regarding the linkshell list and friends list.

The dev. team is well aware of the issues with the linkshell list and friends list, but it’s going to be very difficult to address in its current state. Therefore, the devs are going to be performing a complete overhaul of the system. With this overhaul, the team is planning to add functions that have been previously requested by the community. These functions include LS messages, the ability to remove players from the linkshell, more variations of LS crests, etc.

There are certain functions that he could add in the current state of the system, but considering how it ties to the communication within the LS, it needs to be checked thoroughly. Therefore, it isn’t something that can be implemented immediately.

I apologize for the inconvenience these issues may be causing, but we promise to improve the LS list, friends list, companies, searching for other players, etc. With these improvements, we believe the communication between the players will become much easier than it is in its current state.

With that said, we would like you to continue providing feedback.
    Linkshell Management Options
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...718#post308718

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Hello,

It indeed feels weird. Talked to YoshidaP regarding this case where sand storm is occuring outside but once stepping inside the city it suddenly stop just like rain suddenly stopping.

First off, regarding weather within the city; along with the map modifications the weather effect from nearby areas will applied. There is a plan where weather itself will also have more characteristics by regions.

Also regarding the weather effect on/off, there are no plans to implement on/off feature since there is a plan to have meaning for each weather.
    Weather Effects Around Cities
    http://goo.gl/X9QH6

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Originally Posted by Mocchi

Hello,

There is log window transparency but the text color doesn't get affected so gets in the way. Would be nice if you can est the transparency rate.

Checked with dev team regarding this, they will make it work together with log widget transparency, and working towards making it possible to change the text transparency settings through config.

Also would help if there are settings so if there are no new posts after a while to have the log window itself fade out

Regarding this one, currently by using the text command you can set this.
    /textclear(/tc) sub-command
    >> Sub-command
    on  Turn on auto hide display
    off  Turn off auto hide display
    none switch between on/off

* When the auto hide display feature is on, after a while if no changes are made in the log the log window will disappear. By clicking the tab it will re-appear.
    * For "General" (Default) tab, by entering the chat typing mode it will display. Also while display is hidden if the log message updates it will automatically display once again.

In future, will make it possible to set up through config.

We are not clear on the timing, if you could you please wait some more would appreciate it.
    Chat Log Transparency
    http://goo.gl/Dlp2b

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

More posts straight from the fingers of Yoshida, this time not so terribly late at night in Japan! Some of the topics brought up in the posts have been brought up here as well. As for issues that aren't addressed yet, we do appreciate your patience.

Originally Posted by Naoki_Yoshida
    Hello, this is Yoshida, the producer/director. I am soo sleepy...

I would like to follow up with a few additional comments.

1. Nuggets
    None of the new recipes added in Patch 1.19 will require nuggets. In fact, we do not plan on requiring nuggets in any of the recipes that we will be adding from here on out. However, old recipes will remain in the game for a while, so there is no need to worry about items in the process of synthesis being affected. I am thinking that the transfers to the new recipe period will go on through patch 1.20.

2. HQ Revamp
    We are planning on implementing the HQ revamp in patch 1.20. Following the release of patch 1.19, the current specs for HQ items will remain in place, so current HQ items will not be affected. Until Patch 1.20 is released, the current specs for HQ items will be used. Also, in the new specs, HQ items will only be created if every ingredient used is HQ. Obtaining HQ versions of the ingredients will require a mix of luck and skill. (We want to make sure that you will not experience a sense of futility when your synthesized item turns into NQ at the last moment.)

3. Materia Craft and HQ
    When turning weapons/armor into materia, it will not matter if the weapon/armor is HQ or not. Similarly, when adding materia to weapons/armor, it will not matter whether the weapon/armor is HQ or not. (NQ items will be useful when mass producing materia.)

However, when performing “The Forbidden Materia Craft (tentative title),” attaching materia to HQ weapons/armor will impact the success rate. Regular materia attachment will generally be attainable by every player. However, “The Forbidden Materia Craft,” will be very specialized and difficult. (I may have spoken a bit too much, but details on materia craft will be posted on a different thread from here on out lol.)
    Originally Posted by Silueta
    What is the purpose of synthesis mini games? Do you plan on completely overhauling the synthesis system?
    Some ingredients will have to be created by crafters. When creating an HQ item, effort, innovation, and luck will be necessary as usual. We are planning on simplifying the last step of the process, but this is all under review. Either way, we want to avoid the feelings of disappointment and futility felt when making a mistake at the last step, but up until the last step, the same innovation and effort will be required.

Also, regarding using HQ ingredients always resulting in the synthesis of an HQ item, we have not decided if a specified order must be followed or if the order doesn’t matter, but we will listen to your opinions to work towards completion by patch 1.20.

If we do implement a specified order, people may complain that it is boring busywork. However, if we incorporate too much luck in the process, failing will be very frustrating. This is not an issue of balance, but even if the chance of failing is 1%, there will be some unlucky players that fail.

As such, we believe that it is important that the HQ items can be synthesized with certainty if the proper effort is put in. I am not discussing whether synthesis mini games will be implemented or not, so please think of that as something separate.
    Originally Posted by Bahamut
    I do not want HQ items with materia attached to become necessary, due to their significant advantage.
    I have a meeting to attend, so I’m sorry that the response is brief. As I stated to another poster, the difference between HQ and NQ will be appropriate. Whether HQ or NQ items are used will be up to each player’s discretion.

I will be careful with the balance, so that HQ items do not become a necessity!
    Synthesis Changes. This is Bayohne's version of that 9 part translation that Reinhart did.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...948#post308948

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

More Stealth Stuff (nothing too important, except the True Sight bit)
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...176#post309176
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne
    Checked in Yoshi-P about some of the questions that popped up in this thread!

Will there be some kind of invisible effect for when you're under the effects of "Coeurl Step"?
    We're looking into having a kind of half/semi-visible effect on your character.

Will we be attacked by NMs that are higher than rank 50?
    It depends on the specific NM. So be on the watch out for very strong enemies that are nearby!
    Recipe "Book"? (German google translation)
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...l=1#post306447
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasunaich
    Es wird ein NPC implementiert werden, der euch mit euren Rezepten helfen wird. Viel kann ich euch dazu noch nicht sagen, aber ihr werdet, nachdem ihr euch mit dem NPC zu einem netten Plausch getroffen habt, über ein Menü die Rezepte einsehen können, die ihr bisher bereits benutzt oder erhalten habt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Google
    There is an NPC be implemented, which will help you with your recipes. I can tell you not to, but you will after you met with the NPC for a friendly chat, to view a menu, the recipes that you have already been used or maintained.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasunaich
    Habt ihr Lust auf mehr Infos ? Nein ? Oh schade....naja dann geh ich eben wieder...

Was ? Oh ok, ihr wollt also doch mehr wissen... Entscheidet euch doch mal ! Okok...also passt auf: Die Entwickler haben nochmal etwas mehr Klarheit in den Rezept-NPC gebracht und mir erzählt, dass sie planen, zunächst einen NPC zu implementieren, mit dem ihr euch bei einem netten Plausch über Rezepte unterhalten könnt. Ihr werdet auf Dauer aber auch Rezepte über das Menü einsehen können.
    Quote Originally Posted by Google
    Do you want more info? No? Oh sorry .... naja then I go again ... just .... ........ ............. What? Oh ok, so you want to know more ... Choose you this minute! Okok ... so watch out: the developers have once again brought a little more clarity in the recipe and NPC tells me that they plan to first implement an NPC, with which you can entertain yourselves with a nice chat about recipes. You will in the long run but also recipes can see on the menu.
    if someone fluent in german wants to make a more apt translation, i'll edit that in instead

New Odin
    BG Level

Are you up for some more info? No? What a pity... oh well then I'll head back off again... .... ........ ............ What? Oh ok, so you actually do want to know more... Make up your minds! Ok ok... pay attention: The Devs have once again brought some more clarity to the recipe-NPC and tell me that they are planning to next implement an NPC with whom you can have a nice chat about recipes. But over time, you'll also be able to see recipes through the menu.
    ~

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Guild Tokens: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...l=1#post311429

Hello,

Checked with Yoshida P regarding this matter,

We are looking into increasing more ways to spend the guild tokens.

Also, there are many currencies such as guild token/gil/company seal, those that follow (come in future) therefore we will be making adjustments to clean (sort/reorganize) currencies itself so it will be more logical .
    Elemental Weakness/Curing undead to damage them: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...l=1#post311461

Youmukon says that he asked that question to the devs. They said that it would indeed fit in the spirit of Final Fantasy to be able to use cure spells on undeads but that the targeting system is not yet up to their expectations and would not want players to cure unwated targets.

They add that it is not excluded to see this change in the future once the targeting system is fixed
    Crafting and obsolete items: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...l=1#post311485

He would like to confirm that the list of items that will become obsolete will be made available once the patch 1.19 is released. However he cannot give more information regarding the future uses of treatises.

Vuitton

Bayohne and Yoshida have responded to Celeras post regarding the server-client protocol:

I apologize for the delay in getting a response on this, but the team has been busy working on patch 1.19. We showed the video to Yoshida so that he could respond to what is being demonstrated in it. Please find his response below:
    The issue where character movement routes are different on individual clients [such as that demonstrated in the YouTube link from the original poster] is not actually due to server lag, but due to a conflict between animation control and a process that supplements movement routes by using character coordinates and vector/speed.

Even with the current status, the server is working and judging coordinates and routes properly at the point of synchronization. (Coordinates are being processed with an intended frequency so that the difference in coordinates themselves is almost none.)

Therefore, corrections to the animation and the process to compensate movement routes will improve the cases like in the video. Improvements to the server-related issues will be another story. Although the previously mentioned correction will not be made in patch 1.19, it will be done after the patch.
    As you can see, there are many systems in play when it comes to the server/client relationship, so the overall term 'server-related adjustments' actually encompasses quite a few different things. This is just another step we are taking to improve the overall situation as development continues to address issues moving forward.

New Odin
    BG Level

PL:

Hello, this is Yoshida, the Producer/Director.

I appreciate all the comments from your heated discussion. I will post my objectives regarding power leveling and the removal of the claim system.

I want to make it clear now that I believe there is no way to settle this argument in a way that everybody will be 100% satisfied with. Also, this is going to be a very long post, so it may be a difficult read. (I decided that I would divide up the post, rather than rush through each topic. I hope you read my entire post.)

This is an extreme example, but even for non-online, stand alone games, there are players who enjoy completing the game even if they use cheats to obtain all items or max out their levels. However, other players feel that this is a waste of time and that it defeats the purpose of buying the game. As such, this is a difficult issue to address.

In MMOs, there are players who would like help with leveling, because they want to play with other players as soon as possible. There are also players who would like to help new players level up, so that they can play with them. These players don’t want strong restrictions on power leveling, nor to be confined to parties with major level differences.

In contrast, there are players who believe that, “Players grow together with their characters,” “If other players are power leveling, leveling up becomes meaningless,” “Power leveling will become a necessary part of the game,” and “Power leveling will disrupt areas for proper party play.”

Even without considering RMT and people who level up other players’ characters for profit, this issue is the cause of a lot of friction. For online games, RMT and people who level up other players’ characters for profit will both certainly exist, so they must be considered. This is a good point of discussion, but opinions will vary based on perspective, so it is difficult to reach a definite conclusion.

Thus, I will post the development of how we reached the new specs.

Why the claiming system will be removed We decided to remove the claiming system from FFXIV because we decided that claiming would become a troublesome spec in the future development of the game. When considering large scale PvE content involving multiple parties and PvP between large numbers of players, the spec that claiming occurs on a 1:1 basis becomes a nuisance. Also, instances will become more prevalent in future content. The concept of having to claim opponents to prevent being disturbed by other players becomes less and less relevant, so we decided that claiming is unnecessary.

Securing reward rights Up next is the decision on the right to obtain rewards. This regards who has the right to obtain experience points, dropped items, and quest completion flags when multiple parties (including solo players) attack the same monster.

In first generation MMOs the party that dealt the most damage to the monster was given the rights to the rewards. In the worst case, fighting over rewards was possible. The claiming system in FFXI was implemented to avoid this issue. I decided that it would be best for the player or party that attacked the monster first to obtain rights to the rewards. This makes it so that “the early bird gets the worm,” which I think is the simplest solution. Future content will be heavily instanced, so we think that NMs in public fields will be the most affected by these changes. Rather than allowing players to fight over rewards, I think it is better to feature some kind of gameplay system to make third party involvement in a NM battle impossible. As such, I decided to implement a “first attack” system for rewards rights.

Revision of distribution of rewards Up next is experience points, the center of our debate. If we simplify the specs, power leveling will certainly become easier.

I will provide an example involving soloing that is easy to understand. (Power leveling a party involving multiple levels is complicated) Suppose you attack a level 50 monster with your level 1 character. If a level 50 character nearby kills the level 50 monster, the skill points will be given to the level 1 character.

However, the gap between your level 1 character and the level 50 monster is too large, so the “defeating a higher rank monster bonus” will be significantly reduced. The experience points earned by the level 1 character will be adjusted quite drastically.

Suppose you attack a level 3 monster with your level 1 character and a level 50 character nearby kills the level 3 monster. The level 3 monster is appropriate for a level 1 character, so there will be no major drastic loss in experience points.

These are the basics. I will move on to determining whether or not a player is power leveling.

Determining power leveling The standard for battle length from here on out will be 30-40 seconds to defeat a monster of the same level while soloing. It would take about 4-5 seconds for a level 50 character to defeat a level 3 monster next to a level 1 character. The level 1 character can obtain the full amount of experience points just by standing there. However, the level 50 player involved is spending their time leveling up the other player instead of playing other content.

At this point, it depends how the level 1 character feels about being "helped" by the level 50 character.

Forcing out power leveling It is not easy to distinguish whether the above actions are an act of good will or serve the purpose of RMT or leveling up other characters for money.

By investigating logs, it is possible to identify for-profit violators and mete out punishment, but it would be very difficult to completely put an end to these actions. Doing so would require implementing very complicated specs, which will place a strain on ordinary users.

Distribute experience points based on the amount of damage done to the monster Distribute experience points based on hate

The above methods were used by first generation MMOs to reduce power leveling, but these methods have their own problems. Players can aggressively fight each other over experience points, classes that do not do much damage are at a disadvantage, and for-profit violators can create bots that randomly attack monsters and steal EXP. (As I said earlier, we will punish for-profit violators. However, we do not want to ban ordinary players, so it will take us time to properly identify for-profit violators.)

One thing we would like to avoid all costs is EXP stealing by bots.

Conclusion Taking everything into consideration, we understand that there will be pros and cons no matter what, but ultimately, we have decided that as a current generation MMORPG we would like to do something about,

"new players who would like some help, because they want to play with their friends as soon as possible, as well as players who are willing to sacrifice their own time to help out new players get involved in the game quicker."

We plan on implementing end-game content that is extremely difficult, so if assistance is necessary to reach this point I believe that it should be OK for players to help each other out, as long as there are players who are willing to help out.

Differences in gained experience points based on the difference between the player’s level and the defeated monster’s level will still exist, and will be adjusted. Our goal is to prevent any kind of extreme behavior. If any loopholes are found, we would like to fix these issues as they are discovered.

I believe that whether a player is playing seriously or not is a separate issue from whether the player is receiving assistance or not.

Personally, I am the type who believes that it is more fun to work hard and experience as much as you can first hand up until at least level 40, but if somebody comes asking for help saying, "I tried my best up until level 30, but I don’t have any more time!" I will help out.

Of course you would want your friends to enjoy an MMO that you enjoy playing, and if somebody is stuck in a situation where their enjoyment is hitting a wall, you would want to help out. Ultimately, it would be best for everybody to get along and play together.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...l=1#post317185

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post
    Moving forward, all gear that is introduced will have requirements placed on them as we will be phasing out the "Optimal Rank" system. With new recipes being introduced in 1.19, the old recipes will be lost and it will not be possible to make that gear anymore going forward. So only the currently existing versions that exist prior to the change will feature "Optimal Rank" features.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...522#post319522

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Correction to the above:

Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne
    Sorry guys, it seems there was some miscommunication earlier on this, and it took awhile to clarify the situation. I've updated my original post in the thread and will copy it here for viability. This was speaking specifically to NM and other content-related gear, and not a blanket removal of the Optimal Rank system. I really apologize for the confusion my post caused!

Moving forward, gear that is introduced from notorious monsters and other such content will have requirements placed on them as we will be phasing out the "Optimal Rank" system for that loot. With new recipes being introduced in 1.19, the old recipes will be lost and it will not be possible to make that specific piece of gear anymore going forward. (For example, please see [dev1016] where it shows the change from a Hempen Doublet to a Hempen Doublet Vest) So only the currently existing versions that exist prior to the change will feature "Optimal Rank" features.

I also added in details about the recipe changes, too (which can be seen in the dev1016 thread).
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...l=1#post320027

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Confirmation that we won't be able to socket Materia into R/ex gear: http://goo.gl/qPavN

I asked the question on this specific point to the dev and it was confirmed to me that, while powerful, the gears enhanced with materias will be balanced enough in regards to the gears from NM (these gears will not be able to be enhanced)

The new system aims to be "fair" and the items dropped from NMs won't become obsolete, far from it

BG Level

-EDIT- Wrong thread. Sorry.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

This thread is NOT for discussions.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

French comment about airships, transated below:
    Une petite confirmation concernant les aéronefs, comme annoncé par mes collègues dans le message cité par Evangelus, le système "instantané" sera disponible avec la mise à jour 1.19, en revanche il est bien prévu d'avoir un voyage "complet" dans le futur. Divers événements pourront aussi venir troubler les voyages en aéronef !
    Translation
    A little confirmation about airships, as my colleagues said in Evangelus' quote, the "instant" system will be released with the update 1.19. However, "full" trips are planned in the future. Several events will also eventually happen during trips in airship!
    Source: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...374#post321374

BG Level

/shutdown aimed to come out in 1.20:

Good evening everyone,

Checked with the dev team regarding status of /shutdown

We do have the plan to implement the /shutdown command but the person in charge has other work which has higher priority at the moment which is piled up (has lots to do). They are currently making adjustments so it can be implemented by patch 1.20.

We really don't want to make you wait any longer since we've had this request for long time but if you could please wait just a little longer!

Ability to change font size confirmed for 1.19

Hello,

Update on wanting to be able to change the font size.

First off with patch 1.19, you will be able to change the font size in the log widget (can make it bigger, or smaller)

For font size for other than log widget; this will require not only font size but icon size and widget size to be adjusted, therefore we cannot promise the timing (of release) but we will be working towards implementation.

Ability to see faction credits, anima, etc. from main menu

Good Evening Everyone,

Talked with Minagawa regarding being able to check the different types of currencies or points through the main menu.

We are currently working on this so that you will be able to check those currencies/points you can already view through the main menu and also those points (like anime/faction points) you cannot in one location. First we are planning to implement a text command with patch 1.20 and later make it possible to check it through the main menu.

Thanks for the feedback!

BG Level

Foxclon confirms you can either ride the airship or skip it to get to your destination.

Sorry for my initial lack of explanation about this.
    For the system we are planning, we are making it possible to select the speed you want to travel based on your play style. If you would like to travel very fast, you can skip the cut scene and instantly be transported to your destination. If you would like to take your time traveling on the airship, you can. Of these two options, the instant travel will be implemented this time in patch 1.19.

Please don’t worry.

BG Level

More nighttime monsters:

Heya adventurers! I wanted to let you know that the dev. team is currently looking into increasing the amount of monsters that only appear at night. There isn’t a specified time period just yet for when these additional nighttime monsters will be implemented, but when they are, I’m sure they will wish that they stayed in hiding! /evilgrin
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...l=1#post327218

Yoshida plans to make a video of the 1.19 patch:

Running around like crazy right now so really quick post.
    We're planning for one, please hang in there ^^
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...l=1#post325933

Finally, no accessory cost
    As a result of development team discussions, they have decided to eliminate accessory points.
    In conjunction with this, we will be lowering the amount of accessories that can be equipped and increasing each accessory’s effects.
    Reinhart translated Yoshidas post on JP forum, there's maybe hope?
    I also want Gunblade!!
    Guns have a dream, and gunblade is FF like

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast