+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Painwheel in a good character's hands is so OP... one hit and then 60-70% health gone in one combo. Missed the read on the throw afterwards? Ok thanks for playing lol

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

That really can go for anyone. Throw range/speed is kind of bad in this game on most characters, but teching is so hard that mixups and resets, especially in the corner, are incredibly easy. I think something being underused badly by players so far is Stunt Double(Alpha Counter), if you just allow yourself to be pressured in the corner they're going to find a hole in your defense pretty quickly.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Hard to not allow it sometimes. He hit me at midscreen and literally pushed me in the combo until I got to the corner, took around 65% off. It's like all of painwheels attacks have insane hit recovery on them which makes like everything she does easy to link.. Idk, I've never had as much trouble as I do vs. painwheel and I have definitely fought against some other players as good as him. And I tried using two characters but his stupid combo, which he can start off of any hit confirm killed a char in one combo. I'm not saying painwheel is OP 'cause i suck, but I have yet to see any other chars do 60+% combos with no super from anywhere on the screen (like not having to be in the corner i mean) But if they are out there I'd lucky to study them lol

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Thulius Deorum
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Datonare View Post
    Painwheel in a good character's hands is so OP... one hit and then 60-70% health gone in one combo. Missed the read on the throw afterwards? Ok thanks for playing lol
    If you think Painwheel is bad then you have no idea. Most characters can break 50% midscreen no problem and have a lot more ways to open you up than she does. Fortune and Parasoul are just stupid if they get you to the corner, and almost any team can DHC into another full combo with the right order. Pretty much everything restands in this game so throw resets are really really strong for everyone.

Painwheel has to make herself completely vulnerable any time she wants to go for a mixup other than low/throw and her neutral game is pretty mediocre even with good assists. Plus she has absolutely nothing to get out of pressure other than an extremely unsafe super.

tl;dr damage is high and resets are strong, most people just haven't figured out their characters/teams yet.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Thul let me know if you want to blow me up some time this week. My Valentine's getting serviceable but I'm still garbage @ Filia

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

These are awesome:

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Fuck. Now I can't stop reading Double's dialogue in the Fat Albert voice.

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

So is this still hype? What's going on with this game?

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

It's still doing well, though an abundance of Peacock/Double tabs has hurt tourney hype a little. They've confirmed that they already hit their initial sales goal, so bug fixes/new characters are on the way.

The engine is amazing, even at my scrub-ass level of execution I discover new, useful tech once a week about.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnus View Post
    Fuck. Now I can't stop reading Double's dialogue in the Fat Albert voice.
    this lol, that was perfect

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    though an abundance of Peacock/Double tabs has hurt tourney hype a little
    Boooooo haters!

Actually I'm looking forward to the Double buttslam nerf. I see a lot of people give no effort in learning her and just use her as an assist.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    Boooooo haters!

Actually I'm looking forward to the Double buttslam nerf. I see a lot of people give no effort in learning her and just use her as an assist.
    yeah lol, this guy who comes out on thursdays plays Filia/Double, I thought I'd be slick and snap Double in, turned out he knows how to play her and he fucking wrecked me

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Ouch. Guess that was his advantage knowing most people think that Double is just an assist. =/

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I'm in there. I'm ass. This'll take a while to get used to.

So I was reading SRK and apparently big balance patch coming?

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

I'm not sure how much is being done in terms of rebalancing, I haven't been keeping up with the SRK thread recently. I believe it'll be a big system patch at the least with all sorts of new goodies, move lists/training mode options/etc. I still think they should let the game breathe a little longer before touching balance outside of obviously busted stuff like h.Hornet Bomber, I think there's a lot of stuff that hasn't even been figured out yet. If they fix 360 version lag spikes/loading times I'll be thrilled, that's my only real beef with the game.

Unrelated, I put this together, I mentioned this a few weeks ago but as far as I know this is actually original tech that I invented myself, I've tweaked it a little and I'm relatively happy about it, I can't find any record of anyone coming up with it before me on SRK/Dustloop.

Using Updo(and likely Napalm Pillar and most other good assists) to hold the enemy up for a second in the corner, you can use negative edge to cancel Valentine's cr.hp into her various Vial specials, then otg and continue the combo into a syringe land, which allows you to both load and land a poison within the same combo. My combos aren't really optimal since I use her multihit moves for easier confirms, but it's a nice combo that gives you several options, either landing a purple poison for an extra unscaled 10% of the enemy's health, landing the green for an easy confirm into a long combo for meter-building or finishing the opponent off, or the orange to intentionally drop the combo and go for a mixup that will be difficult to offend against. Obviously you don't need to have 4 bars, after the Gregor Samson you can instead use a s.hp launch and go into a Filia restand combo.

Combo notation:

#1(Purple): j.hp > AD > j.hp > s.lp > s.lp > s.mp > s.mp > cr.hp > lp + mk > qcb + release > cr.lk > cr.mp > cr.hp > j.hp > AD > j.mp > j.hp > land > jump > j.lp > j.mp > j.hp > qcf + lp > land > s.lp > s.lp > s.mp > s.mp > s.hk > s.hk > s.hk > qcf + hk > qcf + kk > qcb + kk > s.mp > qcb + hk > srk + pp > qcf + kk

#2(Green): j.hp > AD > j.hp > s.lp > s.lp > s.mp > s.mp > cr.hp > lk + mp > qcb + release > cr.lk > cr.mp > cr.hp > j.mk > qcf + lp > land > s.lp > s.lp > s.mp > s.mp > cr.hp > j.hp > AD > j.mp > j.hp > land > jump > j.lp > j.mp > j.hp > land > s.mk > s.hk > s.hk > s.hk > qcf + hk > qcf + kk > qcb + kk > s.mp > qcb + hk > srk + pp > qcf + kk

#3(Orange): Same as #1 but using cr.hp > hp + mk > qcb + release, just drop combo and go for a reset or continue it into a hard knockdown and go for a mixup.

If using the orange one I'd recommend not using a throw, Valentine's throw is glitched so the IPS counter goes straight to level 5 instead of level 3.

btw did you see Justin vs Peanuts in Toryuken GF? It was quite good and interesting to see how Justin deals with doublecock.

And it seems like they're changing IPS... that crouching hits and standing hits count the same so you can't do cr.lp + string and then lp + string.

Edit: http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/m...usses-changes/

Edit 2:
    Lobbies and additional online features will have to wait as the guy responsible for all that is working on the PC port.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOO

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsuko Stark
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

heyfuckyou, PC port is awesome!

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

outside of lobbies the patch notes look great

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

No mention on the HitboxGirls fix for 360? I'd have figured that'd be priority for them along with the load time issues on that platform.

Everything else looks peachy though. IPS adjustment going to make my life hell though as I suck at doing strings from anything but the basic 6 hits (or from a super), but if it's an indirect nerf to 70%+ combos off of one character I'm for it.