Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Nintendo did not publish all of these though? And that's the main point here. (although they did SW3 I think?)

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    As far as people saying it might come to the other consoles later with a different publisher, when was the last time Nintendo gave up anything exclusive?
    Maybe there's some title I'm missing, but as far as I know, the answer is never.
    That they published? Not sure, other than stuff like Tetris that was never "theirs" in the first place. Some of the Rare series appeared on other consoles once they weren't under Nintendo. The N64 versions were published by them, but a remastered Perfect Dark was put on XBLA, and the Goldeneye remake originally shown just for the Wii (special edition gold classic controller and all) wound up appearing on the PS3 and 360 too.

Historically, you have Capcom's "Capcom Five" in the Gamecube Era that was announced, and confirmed, as Gamecube exclusive. Of the four that actually came out (Viewtiful Joe, Resident Evil 4, PN03, and Killer7) only one actually stayed exclusive (PN03), with Clover Studio (remnants of which helped form Platinum Studios) publishing the PS2 version of Viewtiful Joe themselves. But, of course, those were all Capcom published at the time.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    Obviously also not counting games on the Wii.
    I was counting them actually, Nintendo isn't a first party? Most games on the Wii that were succesful were from Nintendo or Nintendo had a hand in it, the other games that actually remained exclusive on the Wii, I can still count on 1 hand?

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Nintendo did not publish all of these though? And that's the main point here. (although they did SW3 I think?)
    Yeah Nintendo published the Wii's version in US and Europe.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I gotta tell you i WTF'd pretty hard when I saw this, but honestly I didn't enjoy Bayonetta all that much. I found the witch time to be sort of a forced crutch you had to use, and generally felt like the games sense of impact wasn't all that satisfying. I think I'll live without this one.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Appie View Post
    the other games that actually remained exclusive on the Wii, I can still count on 1 hand?
    Your hand has a lot of fingers. Even if you cut out the shovelware and 1st/2nd party games I'm seeing more than a dozen titles worth mentioning.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Your hand has a lot of fingers. Even if you cut out the shovelware and 1st/2nd party games I'm seeing more than a dozen titles worth mentioning.
    Yeah, I was also doing this sorry for the simple reason Bayonetta isn't shovelware, so I didn't count those. Seems I consider alot more games "shovelware" than you on the WIi, because after reading that wiki page I can still count the games on 1 hand that I'd consider buying that aren't from Nintendo, some of which I have purchased I might add.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I hope this means Bayonetta will be in smash bro's next game

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Depends on how far you extend the "successful" qualifier. On the list of Wii best-selling games the vast majority is first-party or shovelware.

I agree 110% that the Wii has a veritable shitload of unique games, a fair chunk of which are actually notable. For the most part, however, they're not what sold.

'course, the general sentiment of this generation not having exclusives is pretty much bullshit in the first place.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Appie View Post
    Yeah, I was also doing this sorry for the simple reason Bayonetta isn't shovelware, so I didn't count those. Seems I consider alot more games "shovelware" than you on the WIi, because after reading that wiki page I can still count the games on 1 hand that I'd consider buying that aren't from Nintendo, some of which I have purchased I might add.
    There's two things at play here.

Nintendo-published exclusives never end up on other platforms. Ever. There's little evidence of them reversing this trend.
    The Wii has a lot of exclusives that were never on PC/PS3/360. If you move the goalpost to 'successful' titles (sold a lot, made a lot of money), you can't discount all the shovelware and party games. If you move the goalpost to 'games you'd consider buying' you're using an elastic, pointless metric.
    I get that you're desperately trying to keep your 'on one hand' statement out of Bullshit Country but face at least some measure of the facts here.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Measure of the facts? Because the Wii is supported so much nowadays by 3rd parties? Most 3rd party titles (which were junk) came in the first 2 years of the Wii, then most pretty much dropped support for the console. Anything Nintendo doesn't help with or completely develops on the Wii is bound to fail (that is what it looks like and which is why devs dropped support). And I'm supposed to count these failures because they are "Exclusives"? My biased hand won't count them sorry.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

0 fucks given on his end, but why at these people

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Going to make for some amazing responses if he so desires.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post

Console wars alive and well. Pretty sure SE got death threats when FFXIII went multi-plat, or Capcom when MHTri went Wii-exclusive. Those were some delicious meltdowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post

Wow, that person has gone full-retard. On the plus side at least he's honest about why he is pissed (hates Nintendo).

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Eh, still not buying a Wii-U. Fuck that console.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hitoshura View Post
    Eh, still not buying a Wii-U. Fuck that console.
    I'll probably end up buying one second-hand (just like my present Wii) or on some extreme discount (pretty much how I ended up with a 360). I'm too unimpressed with their network play offerings to dive in anywhere near the launch window/price.

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

I would actually feel better about this if the Wiiu got more awesome games to entice me into buying it. What upsets me right now is that a game i really want is going exclusive for a system i never wanted.

Gotta give it some time man. Everyone always talking about give the Vita time and it has been out the better part of a year now. This consoles not even out and everyone already hatin.

I don't understand the mad Nintendo hate on the net (this is not directed at anyone in particular btw). Did Nintendo do something to the Playstation era youngsters to deserve the burning hatred they seem to hold? They might not have always made the style game you like but thats hardly a reason to dislike them so strongly. They've always been at the top (or very close) of graphics too, barring the Wii, so can't say they always make weak and cheap consoles either. /confused

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Bayonetta 2 WIIU EXCLUSIVE

This is a cruel fucking joke. I have 0 desire to pay Nintendo for anything. Hopefully someone programs some kind of dolphin equivalent on PC.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast