Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It wouldn't be very hard to do. I could see us running into a problem if we ever migrate the old non-template monster pages to templates since many of the monsters only have the first word of their names capitalized. (I guess we could put in a check for an ImageName parameter for different image names.)

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Okay, kinda going on a limb here to say this is related I suppose. I know this is kinda loose with the definition of templates and category pages, but I think it fits. Please bare with me.

For some time I've noticed that the article Cure Formula on BGwiki has been out of date. If it was a simple matter of changing the values I would, but now we have two formulas (one for Blue Magic and AoE cures, and one for single target cures) which makes the whole process confusing. I can't just plug in the new data for one of the formulas since it would muck up the availability for the olds stuff and I'm not quite sure what templates really fit here.

To complicate things further Slycer recently added Category:Cure Spell, which is a great article and has a lot of things right.

So basically what goes where and can I get some help with the cure formula page? We have the numbers from the testing that was done in the Cure Formula Changes thread on the Official Forums and somewhat even parroted here, but honestly the data is a bit of a convoluted mess to formats due to there being two or three different formulas (that's ignoring the Cura formula nobody seems to know).

Personally, I sorta think the best solution would be to have the Cure Formula page redirect to the Category: Cure Spells page, and either include Blue Magic cures on the same or give it its own category page (Blue Magic cures get affected by cure potency but not always by stuff that affects cures such as the WHM AF3 pants), then have the formula for each category of cures listed. But honestly, I'm not completely sure, and would prefer some sort of consensus on this or a more prolific editor to give their opinion with reasoning.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Blue Magic spells do gum up the works a bit. We could always include the direct-healing BLU cure spells in the Cure spell category, aren't most of them affected by healing magic skill anyway? (I think white wind is not.)

Since BLU cure spells are modified by cure potency, it seems that it would make sense to keep all of that information together. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Someone with the ability to edit templates fix this please:

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/index.php?...st&action=edit

Says "Rage" not "Ward" in the header.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by pancakesandsex View Post
    Someone with the ability to edit templates fix this please:

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/index.php?...st&action=edit

Says "Rage" not "Ward" in the header.
    Fixed, thanks

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I would like to participate by filling out the synth ingredients needed in recipes, on the recipe pages. Specifically I'll start with clothcraft. Can someone link me to the way a page is supposed to look, then one that looks incomplete?

Additionally, do we have a de-synth template or area?

Example of page I like (but no de-synth area): https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Chocobo_Fletchings

Example of incomplete page: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Ebony_Lumber

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Looks like a combo of these:

Template:Item (edit) (protected)
    Template:Item Other (edit) (protected)
    Template:Item Other Table (edit)
    Template:Item Synth (edit) (protected)
    Template:Item Synth Table (edit) (protected)

Which you can find here: http://bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Templates

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I don't know if it's possible to template this based on url structure or something, but it would be super useful if all pages for individual "set" gear pieces linked back to their respective set pages. Currently they do not.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I'll see what I can do, but it's going to take some tomfoolery and ghetto coding. Also, I'll probably start converting main crafting pages today.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Event and BCNM Mobs: Add to species page? Track as NMs or as NQ? Only track via respective event/bcnm page?

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    I'll see what I can do, but it's going to take some tomfoolery and ghetto coding. Also, I'll probably start converting main crafting pages today.
    I looked into this and it's essentially hell to automate given that many armor sets have naming inconsistencies, such as Dalmatica in the Zenith Armor Set, Ebony sabots in the velvet armor set, and many many others.

If someone wanted to try, I parsed every item in the sets that were tagged with the [[Category:Armor_Set]]. You can find those results here: http://pastebin.com/pUMhJPwU and export all of the respective pages into a big XML file here: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Special:Export

Maybe somebody with greater knowledge or patience than mine will happen upon a solution.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Today someone (that looked enough like a mod that I don't want to start an edit war with them over this) decided in a fit of complete stupid to revert the otherwiki's FFXIAH links to the old shitty way they functioned, or rather, didn't function on exclusive tagged items. Considering that otherwiki has a handful of resources that aren't fully outdone by the glorious masterpiece that is BGwiki, it was incredibly useful to have the functionality duplicate BGwiki's enlightened FFXIAH template.

In this moment I'd like to praise BGwiki's continued immunity to stupid, particularly for the team responsible for templates that are actually useful and don't break half the time just because a mod decided they'd find out what a cinderblock falling on one's head feels like.

Now I just need to be more stubborn about adding information to BGwiki whenever I find it is missing from BGwiki but is present in other less enlightened sources. But first I have to resist going to FFXIAH and writing posts to the effect of "Remove Wikia and GE links from item pages!"

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

If there are any specific gaps in BG Wiki content or template-ization, let us know and we can get working on it. Crafting was a huge gap until recently, but I think we've filled out those pages quite nicely with the help of a bunch of folks (especially Funkworkz).

Also, we're certainly gonna need a bunch of help getting content on the wiki come SoA, so the more contributors we can get, the better.