+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Persona 4 Arena     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Thanks, knew the numbers, but wasn't sure of the ABCD.

BG Level

Ok, trying to learn Chie.

Someone mind explaining WTF this means:

5AB-C (FC) > JD > S66 5B > 5C > 5AB

I hate this god damn site...

5AB would be the all out attack next part would be the get the C on the 16th hit for the FC or fatal counter, I dunno what the S is in that combo though

i foundz it, S66 = Slight Forward Dash

BG Level

So Fatal Counter is just like the launcher from overhead invincible move?

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Fatal Counter is one of those things that you just have to memorize when it can happen. Some situations are easy, like 16th hit of Rush Attack is universal. On the other hand, every character has certain attacks that cause FC if you counter with it. You just kind of have to learn those for your dude of choice. Then there's really stupid shit, like sticking Fear on someone will make every hit a fatal counter.

BG Level

I see. This game is fun as shit, but there sure is a lot of commands/options/shit going on.

Online was not as bad as they made it out to be, but I only played green bars to test it.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Most people claim BB has the best netcode out of any of the 2D fighters. Never played it online myself but I'm looking forward to trying out this once the patch drops. There's absolutely fuck all local competition in England outside of London and a couple other towns even further away.

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    So Fatal Counter is just like the launcher from overhead invincible move?
    Certain moves have FC property as well on counterhit. Fear status ailment causes automatic FC (important if you're playing Elizabeth).

BG Level

So what the fuck is Fatal Counter? Is it another word for launcher?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Increased hitstun compared to normal combos/counter hits. Allows for more beefy combos.

well it happens during the all out attack if you do the launcher follow up on the 16th hit, and then I believe every character has one normal attack that when counter hits just becomes a fatal counter instead. so its just a beefed up counter hit that they can do some crazy combos off of. and yea as someone mentioned earlier if you get feared all counter hits become fatal or something like that.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Fatal Counters are just stronger counter hits that only specific attacks can do. Dunno who you are playing as but you mentioned Chie, for her if you do QCB + C or D it'll give you a Fatal Counter rather than a standard counter hit. It increases the damage and hitstun even more than a regular counter hit. Also for Chie you can do her Power Charge super buff and it'll make all of your specials able to cause Fatal Counter.

All Out Attack (A+B for all characters) is a universal overhead, if you mash A/B during it to get the full 16 hits it'll end with a Fatal Counter increasing the damage/hitstun. In that case it's basically just meaningless fluff, but it also lets you do a wall bounce if you hit D afterwards so you can extend your combo.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    Most people claim BB has the best netcode out of any of the 2D fighters.
    CT had the best online experience of any fighter I've played. While the complaints didn't seem to be universal, my experience with CS/CS2 was markedly worse. My experiences with the two aren't necessarily comparable though, as I played CT in my old apartment where I lived alone in South Carolina, and CS in my current place w/ 2 roommates back up north.

At any rate, I'd expect P4A to be right up there as well, was kind of surprised to hear there were issues with the Xbox version's netplay.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsuko Stark
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Does this game have sf4-style shortcuts for special moves?

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Moridam View Post
    At any rate, I'd expect P4A to be right up there as well, was kind of surprised to hear there were issues with the Xbox version's netplay.
    It was a bug, and one of the atlus USA people said "don't be surprised if the patch is released tonight."

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Geeking out a bit on the story and non-technical stuff. Spoilered just in case.

I found a few things of interest in playing through story mode.

Spoiler: show
    Mitsuru's "Shadow Operatives" obviously have Junpei and Yukari in silhouette to the right of Mitsuru, but to the left of her I'm a bit curious. Is that a grown up Ken and Shinjiro (also ret-conned to be alive...knowing P3P isnt canon for the most part), or Eikichi, Lisa, and Tatsuya from Innocent Sin?

Also found it curious that they apparently ret-conned the use of Evokers for Mitsuru, and likely for all the other P3 Persona users as well. Along with the graphical chat and conversation boxes part of me is wondering if they aren't "testing" some graphical and story ideas for Persona 5. Probably means we wont see the Evoker use for future titles...

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Geeking out a bit on the story and non-technical stuff. Spoilered just in case.

I found a few things of interest in playing through story mode.

Mitsuru's "Shadow Operatives" obviously have Junpei and Yukari in silhouette to the right of Mitsuru, but to the left of her I'm a bit curious. Is that a grown up Ken and Shinjiro (also ret-conned to be alive...knowing P3P isnt canon for the most part), or Eikichi, Lisa, and Tatsuya from Innocent Sin?

Also found it curious that they apparently ret-conned the use of Evokers for Mitsuru, and likely for all the other P3 Persona users as well. Along with the graphical chat and conversation boxes part of me is wondering if they aren't "testing" some graphical and story ideas for Persona 5. Probably means we wont see the Evoker use for future titles...
    I haven't played story mode much yet but pretty sure both Mitsuru and Akihiko use evokers in their supers.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

P4A is described as the abridged version of P4.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Mitsuru's story explained that Mayonaka does not require Evokers for Persona use. They're still needed in physical world.

And as was mentioned, they still use Evokers for certain supers and Mortal Blows

EDIT: Also Warc, no. The game's moves are all quarter circles. Yu's DP move is his R-Action button, which is B+D. Done at the cost of some blue life.