Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 107 of 164 FirstFirst ... 57 97 105 106 107 108 109 117 157 ... LastLast

Being able to admit fault is an important skill, both in life and in gaming. If they can't learn that then they deserve to be scorned and ridiculed at every turn without mercy. I've got no patience left for stupid fucks like that one.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...l=1#post307224

Oh dear...oh dear. Someone summon the testing gurus. This is gonna get messy.

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

This is a horrific train wreck that I just can't stop watching.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by GoggleHead View Post
    Being able to admit fault is an important skill, both in life and in gaming. If they can't learn that then they deserve to be scorned and ridiculed at every turn without mercy. I've got no patience left for stupid fucks like that one.
    I did say "almost" feel bad.

And the post where they explain how they worked out that 5 mil is 20% more than 1 mil makes it pretty obvious that they are simply REALLY bad at math.

I almost want to make a whole post about percentages and how they work, just to enlighten him/her, but given the level of understanding I'd be starting with, it would be long, a lot of words and numbers, and ultimately very off-topic. So I'm just going to "watch the train wreck" as Pharaun said.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Yikes. It really baffles me that there are players who still can't fathom the fact that other players have figured out how some, if not most, of the game mechanics in FFXI work via methods that have been tested (and verified) over the years. Once a new mob comes into the picture, use established formulae and solve for mob's VIT, using what is already known from the previous formulae. Algebra tends to work like that. Once VIT is learned, profit, I guess. If it's a range due to some RNG nonsense, it's a range until further nailed down. To say "The entire equation has an unknowable unknown, thus it's unreliable" is myopic. Find the VIT, plug it in, then stfu. Only issue comes from the fact that there would be a lot of data to analyze so it would take time to find the VIT, but it's possible to find the VIT!

That was more a rant directed at Trisscar's ignorance than telling people how to find some VIT values.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

omg I can't stop laughing

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

You guys have changed this from train wreck to hilariously awesome.

edit: The Ryunohige "formula" made me laugh so hard my coworkers now think I'm crazy.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...l=1#post307224

Oh dear...oh dear. Someone summon the testing gurus. This is gonna get messy.
    I just like how it was originally posted from Bluegatr... *chomp* go the forums!

Edit: Oh man, it's not just this post either, somehow Ocelomeh turned into Ocelomoth... and here's my favorite gem:

Quote Originally Posted by Trisscar
    "People who do not gear swap are imbeciles" sound familiar to you? Because you are the one who said it. That is an ultimatum any way you look at it and one that only an elitist would make. I've recently acquired some macro sets (after spending a week of sleepless days and nights pushing for it) for CDC, my attitude is "Gear swap is ideal, not a mandate".
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...l=1#post306841

Apparently their attitude is that not sucking is ideal, not a mandate.

Not to distract from that glorious trainwreck, but I thought this was pretty facepalm worthy:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...l=1#post307306

Fucking /blockaid, how does it work?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

and I'm the one whos banned from those forums for trolling...

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Nothing big but it made me chuckle a bit: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...ntotto-mission

Whoops?

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Lulz.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

That post is hilarious, I would totally spam invis on people trying to open doors just to mess with them.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I got called a troll for my reply in the thread I posted link to previously, lol. Posting a possible solution to someone's problem is trolling now?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Where's that post/pic where some gimp got pissed off at being called a gimp and then said "you think you're better than me" or something similar to that which vegetto then responded " I AM BETTER THAN YOU. infact i can quantify it as me being 213487238942384723* times better than you" at?
    I have the urge to post it as a response to that threat with the idiot who doesn't know math.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Not to distract from that glorious trainwreck, but I thought this was pretty facepalm worthy:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...l=1#post307306

Fucking /blockaid, how does it work?
    I thought that was some player saying why they won't change it until i got to the end. lol wtf.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

lol @ the GM's response to windower.

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Tam, I like how you posted a solution and then they responding indignantly : 'oh, you can close this it managed to fix itself'

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Apelila View Post
    Tam, I like how you posted a solution and then they responding indignantly : 'oh, you can close this it managed to fix itself'
    Obviously I was trolling.... right? And funny how the issue managed to resolve itself magically after I posted! (psssst stop being so busy in rl!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    lol @ the GM's response to windower.
    That was the best part of it all, lol.

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Mairja View Post
    (psssst stop being so busy in rl!!!)
    Girl I've had enough drama this last week to make 2 reality show's on Bravo. If I end up not going through with this move to Dallas, I'll probably around a lot more due to the fact of having fuck all else to do.