Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 156 of 164 FirstFirst ... 106 146 154 155 156 157 158 ... LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level

Don't even need to kill the avatars, if you're on summoner losing those adds should not of even been an issue. If they had derp people with them that would of touched the adds, they still would of had sleepga options from Shiva and Diabolos. If solo, I would not be using Ifrit in the first place. Aside from just looking to air out frustrations over it, I just don't see the need to add something cause the summoner made a wrong choice in that situation.

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Karah View Post
    I see all your points, but you're missing the key points.
    It doesn't have to be perfect. (any) method of connection would be nice. The tether was just the one that sprang to mind, as 12 already had it. it doesnt matter where the tether touches, it doesnt even have to touch, it can point... thats fine. a little arrow that says hey im this guys pet.

Or the linkpearl thing i mentioned. Each master/pet has a colored icon to identify them. that would make maybe an hour to change right? except it wouldnt be just for me, it'd be everyone.

And renaming the mobs in ultils, works for me sure, but i'm the only person in all of ffxi that would like to see pets identified... highly unlikely.

While it's not a priority, you can't say it wouldn't benefit at least a few other people. Just a convenience. What if new content comes out and ALL mobs are beastmasters with 3 pets? what if a new zone is filled with all summoners with pets out? again unlikely, but i bet your ass you'd ALL want them identified if that happened.

How about this example for the oldschool people (more than the new) how many THOUSAND times in an old exp party did the thf or ranger link. and the whole party goes WHICH ONE!!?? then the blm sleeps and 2 people hit the first mob and 2 people hit the second mob? now all hell breaks loose. Imagine if when you pulled that link names changed to lizard A and lizard B, the party would never fuck that up. Your B would sleep, you'd kill A and the party wouldn't break. many other games attach indicators to their enemies so they can be told apart. and the ones that don't or didnt need to, the battles were fixed position.

Also, the answer to every problem shouldn't always be third party third party. Don't get me wrong, my 100% legit days are LONG gone. But i'm not 100% third party either. I'm ok with some things and some I'm not. What I'm not ok with is everything needing to be solved with third party. We have a forum, we have obvious problems with the game. Shit needs fixin'. If they would fix all the things we have third party for. We wouldn't need the third party tools. Which is really what I'd prefer.
    Okay, I'll say this more plainly since you didn't seem to get it the first time. Tethers are not supported by the game engine as it exists right now. They just aren't. Doesn't matter that FF12 had them, that came later and may well have used a different engine entirely. To your second suggestion, the linkpearl is supported in theory (see campaign) but how do you propose to implement this? Summoners aren't given some special designation in the DAT files, and neither are their pets. It's unknown what happens server side, but if I were to hazard a guess this is still something which would need to be changed manually, line by line, for every zone since not everything that summons is considered a pet job. As for renaming them A, B, C, etc. that's never going to happen. It looks sloppy, and furthermore some of the mobs which cause confusion with what was summoned use this as a deliberate effect, such as Phantasmal Puk.

Odds of anything getting done about this on SE's end are very slim, too few people care about it to justify the work which it would require. Think about this though: If you had spent the time arguing with us fixing it yourself, you probably would have been done already, and then distributed the files to any of your friends who had problems.

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

How about this example for the oldschool people (more than the new) how many THOUSAND times in an old exp party did the thf or ranger link. and the whole party goes WHICH ONE!!?? then the blm sleeps and 2 people hit the first mob and 2 people hit the second mob? now all hell breaks loose.
    Never because when you link, only one mob is red and the puller tells the party "fight the red one" or "fight the white one".

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I see all your points, but you're missing the key points.
    No, I'm not.

Every single idea you've mentioned—even if they implemented a half-ass version of it—would require what I've mentioned at a bare minimum. Everything that you've said in the post I've taken this small quotation from would also. It wouldn't matter if you made the pointer smaller, or if you used a colored icon, or any of those things. None of this would take "an hour." Absolutely, positively not.

I did read your entire posts, and I was 100% serious when I described how thorough this would have to be. Out of hoping to help you understand, I tried to express it in layman's terms, but I feel that you don't want to believe me simply because it doesn't sound true to you. I promise you, though, that it is. Working with developers, producers, project managers, testers, etc., is something I do every day. Even the tiniest change can be incredibly expensive in terms of resources (e.g., time, money), and must be worthy of even having a level of prioritization assigned to it, not to mention being put on the table for completion.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

How often do you run into a scenario where you get 2 smn mobs next to each other?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I ran across an issue that has plagued adventurers for far too long tonight, so I decided to take my chances at getting the almighty devs to work on this issue right away:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...522#post385522

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Asymptotic View Post
    I ran across an issue that has plagued adventurers for far too long tonight, so I decided to take my chances at getting the almighty devs to work on this issue right away:

I agree that this is a high-priority issue, and I believe that the developers will sympathize with your plight. Surely, this is a bug; they must have implemented the functionality (how could they not have?), but it isn't working for whatever reason, and they'll get it fixed right away. I believe in them.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Admittedly it is rare, though this is probably the 10th time it happened? Just killing everything instead of avoiding certain mobs, as it was for exp, and trials instead of coins.

And the last time i did kill both avatars, killed 1 then 2 then turned to fight summoner 1 and summoner 2 resummoned and immediately astral flowed, for some ungodly reason.

There is a perfect example of this problem @ TE 4 in dynamis windurst, 2 summoners on top of it.
    target/lock avatar1, do one action with <st> on smn1=> <t> is avatar1, <lastst> is smn1 as long as you dont subtarget anything else.
    rng or bst: wild scan track one of the monster,
    easy
    already in game

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

We certainly wouldn't be spinless after this gets implemented!

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Made a Suggestion like this a while back, essentially, Costume Emotes.

Snolls = Hypothermal Combustion
    Arc Angels = Their Opening Stances

etc etc.

Um, Yah, supported

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Goblin = dropping bomb on yourself

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Hey guys, Level 99s ruined campaign for EVERYONE.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...-Campaign-for-

NERF LEVEL 99!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

This is why we can't have nice things:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...l=1#post388490

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

This is a masterpiece that I'd like to title "Dealing with GMs"
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...l=1#post390728

For full effect, read only the first and second post. It only has two posts as of right now and I can't see any way that it could get better from here on out.
    Spoiler: show
    Khajit -> I'm reporting a really major bug
    GM -> You must use the correct format

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So... Think i should start testing out a bunch of WS and screenshot them all for the GM? I've already got the old exenterator bug page open to list things out excruciatingly detailed for the GM. Changing to Sam to see how shoha works with this.
    Edit: My damage basically doubled on trash mobs while i took care to not have overwhelm proc during the tests so far. I should have brought all my gear to make this go faster.

I pullout to go pee.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Winterhoof

Thank goodness you've found this bug, I'm sure every DD that was using /thf as a sub will be extremely angered at the fact that this exploit was found.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

LOL

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

loved your answer with every jobs every zone and all lol

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by bechyni View Post
    Thank goodness you've found this bug, I'm sure every DD that was using /thf as a sub will be extremely angered at the fact that this exploit was found.
    Clearly you weren't around back when thf after lv 60 didn't exist because from that point on it was a subjob.
    Fuck. he locked it before i posted those screenshots of 300tp shoha on mandy with overwhelm, without overwhelm, with Sneak attack active, and regular melee crits vs sneak attack crits outside of windurst.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Areas:
    Shrine of Ru'Ava...something

Mobs:
    Combobreaker