Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 54 of 164 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 ... LastLast
    Burninate all the things.
    BG Level

The fact that anything that can be construed as attacking a moderator is grounds for post deletion in general is hilarious to me. Not on its own, but in conjunction with the fact that he tries so hard to justify himself all the time. Instead of either "I'm an emotionally secure adult, I can take criticism" or "FUCK YOU I DO WHAT I WAAAAAAAAAAANT", both of which I'm very okay with in forum moderators, he just comes off as a whiny douche that spends all his time worrying about what posters think of him while he deletes the shit out of everything.

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I had a different point(the guy who got banned brought it on himself) but ya'lls makes more sense. Moderator's shouldn't engage in discussion if they can't take being called an idiot on their opinions.

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/26...ments/#1609109

Current mods totally fit the bill.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Krizz is the most active moderator by a factor of over 9000, from what I've seen. That's why Jaerik&Co. don't shut his shit down. If they banned Krizz, the forums would be flooded by tards posting stuff that is against the rules which would be met by a very sternly worded suggestion to not post stuff against the rules by the only other moderator that occasionally reads the boards. Posting things that are against the rules would endanger their advertising bucks, which is why the site exists, so they'd shut down the forums to save the main site/ad traffic of the body of the website.

Krizz is going to remove anything that looks slightly suspicious, and he has nothing better to do than read every post that's made. That's why he's still a mod.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Dude has over 23k posts yet they want someone that doesn't get involved in forum discussions (he does all the time) and not allowed to have friends (he does, even has an e-g/f) or be in a small group clique (he does, people from ramuh)

Hes basically everything they DONT want in a mod.

Funny thing is, they basically say "if you don't like it, we don't give a fuck"

Most Valuable Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cayden Fereles
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I'm noticing a depressing trend of idiots on that forum who have "Ramuh" as their server. Suppose this is something I should be used to by now.

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ramuh is the new Asura?

Don't bet the farm on it

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Hitoru View Post
    I'm noticing a depressing trend of idiots on that forum who have "Ramuh" as their server. Suppose this is something I should be used to by now.
    If I had a magic wand, I would send all of the Ramuh people back there just so they would stop dumbing up Bahamut.

On an unrelated note this thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Edyth
    Square Enix, my love. Help us come out of the closet.
    Somewhere out there, there are 95 RDMs and SCHs have WHM at a decent level.

But in order to play anything besides WHM, these SCHs and RDMs have to strip their WHMs naked and keep them in the Mog House, away from prying eyes.

Because if anyone knows you have WHM, you'll never play SCH or RDM.

So we've been told that the developers want WHM to be the best healer, and no one else can have Cure V. WHM is the best. It's so damn good at healing that it's the only thing people want you to play.

It also doesn't help that WHM has yellow proc spells that SCH and RDM lack, which just compounds SCH's and RDM's inferiority as job choices.

Keep WHM the best. Maybe introduce some job trait that gives it a great advantage for aspects other than pure HP healing. Or maybe a spell. Esuna II, perhaps, which should function much more practically, not requiring anything except the MP to cast it, and not self target only.

But SCH and RDM need something to heal better. The fact is that HP is vital. Weather statuses and helix spells are nice bonuses, and, well... RDM's formerly exclusive and very lucrative spells are available to subjobs now. Besides I guess Phalanx II, but WHM's curing muscle makes up for the lack of that spell. But HP is needed to play, and the point is that SCH and RDM serve nearly no necessary purpose in FFXI anymore.

Just please make it so if someone says, "I have SCH, RDM, and WHM, which do you want?" the party leader says "Come as your best geared, come as your favorite, come as SCH, come as RDM, all three of those jobs can do what we need" instead of just "WHM plzzzzzzzz"

EDIT:
    If you absolutely don't want FFXI to have 3 viable healers:
    Give SCH Haste and it affected by accession. Give RDM Haste II.
    Stop giving away RDM's spells (Phalanx, Addle, for example).
    Adloquium II for SCH, and make it at least 3 TP per tick.
    Give RDM a spell that DIRECTLY restores MP. Holy crap, this job is saved!
    Give SCH a spell that DIRECTLY bestows TP, and has a decent recast, maybe 20 seconds, affected by Accession and Rapture. Maybe 20 TP without Rapture, 40 TP with Rapture.

I don't know, anything, as long as it's amazing. If you don't want RDM and SCH to be great healers, you need to make us totally, 150% badass at something else so that people will notice and want SCH and RDM.
    I would respond, but my characters aren't currently active. Just don't level the job if you don't want to play it- it is why people didn't level BRD when the cap was 75. I have RDM, WHM, and SCH- I don't want to main heal on any job that isn't WHM- if I am on RDM I want to enfeeble monsters, if I am on SCH I want to be able to support heal AND support nuke. The problem is that neither of those are viable options anymore.

Then this guy posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Byrth
    WHM's advantages over RDM+SCH:
    Cure 5/6
    Curaga spell line
    Afflatus Solace/Misery
    Esuna
    Sacrifice
    Auspice
    Divine Benison
    Easy to cap Cure Potency and plenty of access to Cure Cast Time

Even if you give RDM and SCH Cure V, WHM will still be the best healer. Also, I don't see SCH as competitive with WHM. I see them as competitive with BLM. If I were redesigning the jobs...

SCH : Stronger as a magical DD. Even stronger in alliances where you're relying on magic damage.
    * Every Enhancing Magic in the game would stack with Accession.
    * Having an active Helix of the proper element would increase the damage dealt by that element's magic, say +20%. So you put on Noctohelix and then cast Klaustrum. You put on Cryohelix and cast Blizzard V, etc.

RDM : The meleeburn friendly Healer. If you need a White Mage, you need a White Mage. If you can get by with just a Red Mage, you'll kill faster.
    * Enspells, Barspells, Gain, and Temper can be cast on single party members.
    * Enspell IIs would proc on all hits of the round instead of only the first.
    * Temper would be stronger.
    Why do you hate Red Mages so much Byrth? Back in the day it was hard enough to keep a three-buff cycle on a whole party, now you want us to have 6+ buffs to keep up full time? What did RDMs ever do to you? ;_;

You also forgot Divine Caress on the list of awesome shit WHM has. It is one of the most underrated job abilities in the game when paired with upgraded Orison Mitts. Also, I think the +2 mitts block 3 enfeebles; I could have sworn that I have seen it block 4, but that was only when things were too hectic to look at the log to be sure that it wasn't an evasion in there from barspells or I wasn't just spacing out.

Shirai

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus View Post
    You also forgot Divine Caress on the list of awesome shit WHM has. It is one of the most underrated job abilities in the game when paired with upgraded Orison Mitts. Also, I think the +2 mitts block 3 enfeebles;
    Oh, the things I can still learn about whm!
    Looks like I'll be typing another rule once I get home tomorrow.

Coming back to the first quote though, I have whm leveled and decently geared but they still seem to have me play my other jobs at events.
    Including Scholar, Summoner and sometimes even my lesser geared jobs.

Oh wait, maybe that's because we do more than just Abyssea!

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

What is Klaustrum and how can I cast it and is it enhanced with Claustrum?

BG Level

To be fair, a 6-buff cycle in 2011 is about as hard as a 3-buff cycle in 2008, given AF3+2 doubles buff duration

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Yeah, and my Scholar list included "All enhancing magic stacks with Accession." So it's more along the lines of one spell every time a stratagem is up.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post
    Oh, the things I can still learn about whm!
    Looks like I'll be typing another rule once I get home tomorrow.

Coming back to the first quote though, I have whm leveled and decently geared but they still seem to have me play my other jobs at events.
    Including Scholar, Summoner and sometimes even my lesser geared jobs.

Oh wait, maybe that's because we do more than just Abyssea!
    Seriously, Divine Caress with Orison Mitts +2 is almost silly with how awesome it is. It makes me sad that so few people seem to use it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    To be fair, a 6-buff cycle in 2011 is about as hard as a 3-buff cycle in 2008, given AF3+2 doubles buff duration
    It would be the same casting load over time, but a three buff cycle was still incredibly tedious to keep up for several hours. Not to mention that Square loves to give mobs dispel TP moves now-a-days.

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Yeah, and my Scholar list included "All enhancing magic stacks with Accession." So it's more along the lines of one spell every time a stratagem is up.
    There is one problem with this. The furnace in their office building is powered by the flame wars in the RDM forums. Allowing all enhancing spells to work with Accession would make RDMs happy, this could not be allowed because their toes would get cold. I figured it out, Temper wasn't meant to be a buff, it was because the weather was turning cold.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus View Post
    There is one problem with this. The furnace in their office building is powered by the flame wars in the RDM forums. Allowing all enhancing spells to work with Accession would make RDMs happy, this could not be allowed because their toes would get cold. I figured it out, Temper wasn't meant to be a buff, it was because the weather was turning cold.
    LOL

I'm sorry. I've spent too much time in there. You just know that the RdMelee crowd would be positively up in arms if they were able to accession Temper as a buff. They've already devoted pages and pages of rage on the subject already. Hell, plenty of them bitch about wanting ALL of their buffs to be self-cast only so that they can show up and melee more without being asked to buff. It's amazing how delusional they are.

xXNyteFyreXx420Sharingan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

If they didn't have to buff other people they could do 120% of an average melee's DPS and spam more 1.5-2.6k CDCs on VWNMs.

S N K
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    To me, he just seems like he tries way way way way way way way too hard to be as hardcore as Isladar while still being a gigantic pussy. The IslaReich is not a democracy.
    The only thing I don't get is the whole No more threads about player warnings.

What even prompted this silly choice?

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Viewpoint View Post
    The only thing I don't get is the whole No more threads about player warnings.

What even prompted this silly choice?
    They said it created to much drama because there was no way to "prove what you are saying"

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Those forums have a higher Derp count that here, a lot of 'player warnings' where people who got upset because their happy, sheltered little selves couldn't take someone telling them not to be retarded, and then editing the screen shots to make them look like the victim. Seriously, most warnings I've ever read on that site are either

A: Someone being a shit head, and after getting called on being a shit head taking their shit headed shittieness on the road for a shit show.
    B: Someone lost a mob, got butthurt and posted 'omg this person is so rude'.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Apelila View Post
    Those forums have a higher Derp count that here, a lot of 'player warnings' where people who got upset because their happy, sheltered little selves couldn't take someone telling them not to be retarded, and then editing the screen shots to make them look like the victim. Seriously, most warnings I've ever read on that site are either

A: Someone being a shit head, and after getting called on being a shit head taking their shit headed shittieness on the road for a shit show.
    B: Someone lost a mob, got butthurt and posted 'omg this person is so rude'.

In some cases the warning were justified, but either way, those threads were usually highly amusing. I liked FFXIAH forums better the way they were before.

Closed Thread
Page 54 of 164 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 ... LastLast