+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I like how SE is trying to manage a third MMO

I can't help but feel like they're doing this to make up for XIVs failed launch. An online DQ is instant $$$$ in Japan.

I'd love to play this, but I can't support anymore online games after being burned with XIV.

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The sad thing is that I'm 99% sure this will never be released outside of Japan. I would play the shit out of this game, but I did the import thing for XI and don't want to do it again because of all the extra hassles.

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

you are saying this is going to be jp only? I seriously doubt it. I dunno tho, you are 99% sure so that is a very high number and I'm sure you are very good with calculations

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Titanss View Post
    you are saying this is going to be jp only? I seriously doubt it. I dunno tho, you are 99% sure so that is a very high number and I'm sure you are very good with calculations
    I wouldn't be surprised. DQ is huge in japan and not very big here at all. Seeing how FF14 failed I don't see them risking DQ over here. FF14 V2 will do that for them here.

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

I guess I am the only person in the US that DQ is big 2

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

if only we could play

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I know, seeing more info about this game gets me excited and makes me sad all at the same time. I guess there's a slim possibility of the Wii-U version making it over here but I'm not going to hold my breath.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Interesting news on the pricing coming out.

JP press release
    http://www.dqx.jp/news/2012/018.php

Found an article on Wired that goes into better detail.
    http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2012/0...ragon-quest-x/

The game will be P2P, but with a catch. There will be 2 free hours a day called "Kids' Time", 4-6 PM on weekdays and 1-3 on weekends you can play with out having to pay and at the end of the free time the game will automatically save and then disconnect.

It's an interesting idea, and gives parents a way to let their kids experience the game without breaking the banking and needing paid accounts for everyone in the family. It will also be nice for casuals who just want to play but aren't comfortable with the idea of a monthly subcription

Interesting idea, but not sure about the forced time blocks. I'd just rather them allow credit for x amount of time daily whenever you wanted to play.

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

As an adult fan of DQ I would prefer the 2 hour credit, but I think SE is doing it this way for a couple of reasons.

First, I'm not sure how much of a logistical nightmare it would be to try and monitor that 2 hour game credit on every account. It's probably much simpler to limit it to a specific time frame and not worry about it.

Second, they seem to want this free play period to be geared to kids so it makes sense to put it times when younger kids will be able to play without having to worry about older siblings/parents wanting to play as well.

Eh, it's not unheard of. Think Asian Aion runs on hourly time blocks, and the game itself will tell you you've played X hours every hour you're on. And if you have multiple people in the same house who want to play, you'd probably want multiple accounts, too. But yeah, just flagged accounts as not needing the credit, then every JP midnight or whatever add the 2 hour credit to idle/freebie accounts. They could even go the extra step and let those stack, so if you don't play for 3 days, you'll get 6 hours to tinker with.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I guess it's kind of in response to an older comment, but I wouldn't get so down on the idea of this not coming out in the states and EU territories. If Nintendo proved anything in publishing DQIX, it's that the franchise can sell well, even outside of Japan. It's probably safe to assume that the Wii version would never see daylight outside of Japan, but given that it's an MMO, SE will want to release it in as many territories as it can find reason to.

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The only way I can see it happening is if Nintendo insists on the WiiU version being released as a "See we have our online shit together" kind of move.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Crafting looks great

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

This shit is going to bomb so hard they won't have a reason to think about bringing it elsewhere.

Say hello to Fantasy Earth Uno. Even if this game launches, it just going to become a lackluster Monster Hunter/PSO long-term. I really don't see it staying alive longer than half a year at best (on a successful launch).

I think you underestimate the power of Dragon Quest in Japan.

...and busty red women.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yeah DQ is much more popular than FF over there. They don't take many risks except for maybe this being an mmo. Kinda funny since it took SE 11 games before they made a series MMO and now is the same for DQ kinda.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast