+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Dragon Quest X: Rise of the Five Tribes (PC/PS4/NX/WiiU/Wii)

Noooo, they're gonna fuck up the DQ series...

Linky: http://gematsu.com/2011/09/dragon-qu...-for-wii-wii-u
    Text/images:
    Spoiler: show

http://gematsu.com/wp-content/upload...d-Wii-WiiU.jpg
    Dragon Quest X: Rise of the Five Tribes was formally announced in Tokyo this morning. Initially confirmed in 2008, the game is now unveiled to be a massively multiplayer online role-playing game for Nintendo Wii.

Take a second. “An online game… for Wii?” You’re confused, I know. We were, too.

Developed internally by Square Enix for the first time (not by Level-5, who regularly develops the series), Dragon Quest X is set in Astortia, a world of five continents and five races. It’ll have a ‘huge’ story, according to producer Yosuke Saito.

The game will have a job change system. Additional jobs and quests will be added post-release. As most MMOs go, Dragon Quest X will have special events depending on the season (Halloween, New Year’s, etc.).

According to Saito, you’ll be able to clear the game 100 percent on your own. You don’t have to play with others if you don’t want to; you can use NPC characters instead.

Players will create their own character and, like past Dragon Quest games, assemble a party at the pub. On stage, director Jin Fujisawa demonstrated the game as he adventured with an NPC. Other players can be seen fighting in the same world. If one of them falls, you can help revive them. When you’re not signed in, you can allow your friends to use your character in their parties.

You can create weapons that can be used by other people, create your own home, and invite over friends.

Closing the conference, Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata took the stage to announce a Wii U version is also in development. Players on Wii U can continue playing from where they left off on Wii, Iwata noted. They’re looking into integrating 3DS compatibility, where players could transfer their characters to their handheld and share them with friends via StreetPass.

Dragon Quest X: Rise of the Five Tribes will launch in 2012. Details on a beta will be announced shortly.

The official website can be visited here. It provides few additional details. The game supports all Wii controllers: Wiimote + Nunchuck, Classic Controller, Classic Controller Pro, and even USB keyboard. The Wii version is listed for a 2012 release. The Wii U version is listed TBA.

http://gematsu.com/wp-content/upload...QX-Conf_01.jpg
    http://gematsu.com/wp-content/upload...QX-Conf_02.jpg
    http://gematsu.com/wp-content/upload...QX-Conf_03.jpg
    http://gematsu.com/wp-content/upload...QX-Conf_04.jpg

Official website http://www.dqx.jp/

Movies:

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

It's an MMO btw. Developed internally by SE.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

I love me some Dragon Quest and I love me some MMO's, but I really don't love me some Dragon Quest MMO's on the freaking Wii... Ugh. :/

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

How are they going to deal with the small internal rewritable memory on the Wii for patching? 512 MB, with possible dead blocks, and the OS taking more than 100 MB of it. DQ is one thing I never expected to see be an MMO. Haven't they all been turn-based in the past, no ATB or anything? This just seems like such a bizarre choice of game and platform.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Why is SE making another MMO? On a WII? As the numbered entry to a long standing RPG series? Do not want.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The battle system looks almost exactly like XI

New Odin
    BG Level

Cant see vids, Toriyama art director? Gross.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    Toriyama art director? Gross.
    Wtf is wrong with you?

This will be a horrible horrible game however.
    Do not want.

Though come to think of it.
    DQ is like the ultimate RPG grindfest and time waster, it makes so much sense to make it an MMO.
    Luckily I hate DQ.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Uphill battle... It's like SE doesn't want it to succeed. The fucking Wii?! REALLY???

I mean it could be fun... but the Wii is going to kill any shot this game has.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

I don't understand why they'd make both a Wii and a Wii U version. Shared servers between console generations? Or completely separate games? Is the Wii U version doomed to be held back by the need to design around the Wii's awful RAM/Online limitations?

God damn it SE you just don't try to please me anymore

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

So SE only wants to make a modest profit off of this... venture in its home nation of Japan? I can't see this picking up anywhere else in the world. Its bad enough that the DQ series has remained completely stagnant since the NES, but now you want to take an outdated series, created an outdated combat and MMO engine around it, and place it on an outdated (and soon-to-be-outdated once it launches with its already inferior specs) system?

Wow. Go SE. You da man, wit' yo bad selves.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    Cant see vids, Toriyama art director? Gross.
    When has a DQ ever not have Toriyama be responsible for character art?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

i was excited for a fraction of a second until i saw the platform.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

DQ on ps3 would be great, but they're focusing on Nintendo systems right now. That's fine to me since I don't want the series to be beaten with a stick like FF currently is.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

So SE only wants to make a modest profit off of this... venture in its home nation of Japan? I can't see this picking up anywhere else in the world. Its bad enough that the DQ series has remained completely stagnant since the NES, but now you want to take an outdated series, created an outdated combat and MMO engine around it, and place it on an outdated (and soon-to-be-outdated once it launches with its already inferior specs) system?

Wow. Go SE. You da man, wit' yo bad selves.
    I wouldn't say that, the core appeal of DQ has always been about the fact it sticks to it's roots and not changing the experience too much. When people want an old school RPG this is what they go for. DQ has always been on the most popular consoles at the time, they even announced it would be for the Wii way back in 2008.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    Uphill battle... It's like SE doesn't want it to succeed. The fucking Wii?! REALLY???

I mean it could be fun... but the Wii is going to kill any shot this game has.
    inb4 terrible UI worse then XIV

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Already looks like so :D DQ style soo...

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    When has a DQ ever not have Toriyama be responsible for character art?
    I guess that's why I've always hated it.

Too bad it's released on a consoles doomed to fail. But I can see why they'd separate the two MMO's to different platform, even if one seems to be some sort of hybrid at best.

It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

All I could see while watching that was a cel shaded XI. Kinda wish it wasn't on the wii's.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast