FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Actually looks like it could be fun tbh.

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm really liking what I'm seeing, but then again I'm biased towards the DQ series and very willing to give it the benefit of the doubt.

edit: Graphically it's pretty much just what I wanted, DQ8 style with more detailed environments.

New Odin
    BG Level

Yeah, looks cute and appealing in an old-fashioned way.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Looks pretty nice for a Wii game, art style isn't particularly my thing but personal preference aside there's not much to fault. I can't help but feel the monthly fee is bullshit though, it seems completely unnecessary and will turn away a lot of people. I wonder if they'll drop the fee when (and if) they localize it. Monster Hunter Tri had a subscription fee over in Japan, but they dropped it for US and EU. I'm sure they can get away with the extra cost over there, but I doubt many people will pick it up in the west if they have to drop a subscription on it too.

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I think it depends on the cost of the subscription and how substantial the game is. If this really is fully fledged MMO (or reasonably close to it) then a fee of $5-10 wouldn't be outrageous although I would probably balk at a $12-15 fee. If it's more like DQIX's mulitplayer mode then I would be more hesitant to pay the fee. Of course this is all assuming that the game even gets brought out over here in the first place.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

yay video!

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Dragon Quest X's story has lots of volume; may have a last boss
    Game Memo is reporting on a number of new features for Dragon Quest X. The site doesn't provide a source for the info, but they tend to be pretty accurate, so we can probably take their word for it.

Here's what's new in the Game Memo story:

• The game's story will have lots of volume, with the hope that players can continue to play online for a long time.
    • Outside of story, you'll find a lot of gameplay content, as each of the game's five races have their own specific quests.
    • While it's common for online games to not have an "ending" with a "last boss," it appears that this will not apply to DQX.
    • The game's inn facility will now have a concierge. The concierge will give you info about events.
    • While the game will have auto save, you'll still be able to go to the church to pray in order to save.
    • The game will have a post office through which you can send letters and items to friends without directly meeting.
    • The game world will be many times bigger than Dragon Quest VIII's massive world.
    • Your player character is actually human, but after some sort of happening, he turns into one of the five announced races.
    • You start the game off in a small village, where you live with either your brother or sister. The game's character making feature allows you to create this family member as well.
    Make The Home Of Your Dreams In Dragon Quest X
    Jump has a detailed look at Dragon Quest X: Waking of the Five Tribes’ town and you can own a piece of it. Players can build a house in Astordia in a residential block of the town. Houses can be customized, but Jump didn’t discuss this feature in detail.

Dragon Quest X’s hub world also has an inn where you can rest at to restore HP. The ground floor has a concierge too which informs players about events in the game. Screenshots also show a blacksmith, likely a place where you can improve your equipment and create new items, plus a bazaar. You can display wares at the traveler’s bazaar. Sounds like that’s going to be the place where you can sell gear to other players. Dragon Quest X also has a post office and Jump hints that you may be able to send letters to friends and perhaps even give items to other players there too.

Dragon Quest X comes out next year for Wii and will also be released on Wii U at a later date.
    Emphasis mine.

But what if I wanna stay human~

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Odin'sLaw View Post

yay video!
    No point in putting anything DQX up on youtube. SE is on the warpath and will just take it down.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

there so warpath they deleted it off there own channel >.>

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

i'm sadly looking forward to one day possibly owning such a game :/

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://andriasang.com/comyun/

Dragon Quest X Beta News Coming Next Week
    Different from past Dragon Quest games, Dragon Quest X is a mostly an online experience. That of course means that some players will get an early chance to play via a beta test.

At Twitter today, producer Yosuke Saito said that details on the beta test will be announced next week. The related parties both in and outside of Square Enix are currently making the needed preparations for sharing the details, he said.

Square Enix has not yet indicated when Dragon Quest X will see release, but a beta test schedule should serve as some indicator.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://andriasang.com/comyw3/

Dragon Quest X Beta Detailed

Test the online Dragon Quest game, and get a free hat!
    As promised last week, Square Enix has shared details on Dragon Quest X's beta test. The company opened a special site for the beta program today. The site does not list the exact start of the beta period, but does promise that applications will be accepted beginning in mid November.

Square Enix wants the following people to sign up for the beta test:

Those who will actively test the game and report bugs
    Those who have a Wii and a method of connecting Wii to the internet
    Those with Square Enix Members accounts
    Those who live in Japan
    The page says that those with a Square Enix Members address outside of Japan will not be able to apply.

If you're accepted for the beta, you'll receive a kit with a beta disk, an instruction manual, and a Wii USB memory card. You can also opt to get the kit without the USB card if you have your own USB memory. The USB memory is scheduled to be 16 gigabytes or more, but this is not finalized.

Square Enix also opened a FAQ with basic information for those who've never heard of a "beta test," along with a few additional bits about the beta:

You can create a character from any one of the five tribes. Everyone starts from the same location, but you can expand out from there.

The beta test will allow you to play a bit of the story prologue and face off against some of the bosses, but they're making it so that you can't progress in the story.

For the story, you'll have to pick up the retail version of the game.

You're not supposed to tell other people about the beta or post images or movies.

The character you create for the beta test will most likely not be usable in the final version of the game.

Beta testers will get a special Drackey cap as a bonus (see the screenshot below)

There is no time limit for applying to be a beta tester. Square Enix will continue accepting applications even after the start of the test, and will periodically hold drawings to add more people.

Admission is not based on first-apply-first-in

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

yay for not been able to play because I'm not Japanese :/

If you're accepted for the beta, you'll receive a kit with a beta disk, an instruction manual, and a Wii USB memory card. You can also opt to get the kit without the USB card if you have your own USB memory. The USB memory is scheduled to be 16 gigabytes or more, but this is not finalized.
    Nice free stuff.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Of those pics that show areas of the game... At least 5 brought FF11 zones to mind instantly, Tahrongi Canyon, Ulegeraund Range, Sarutabaruta, etc. I can't believe noone else mentioned it.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/04/25...osts-1000-yen/

Dragon Quest X Goes Online In August, 30 Day Subscription Fee Costs 1,000 Yen
    Square Enix set August 2 as the release date for Dragon Quest X. The first online entry in the series will debut on Wii with a Wii U version slated for release at a later date.

Dragon Quest X: Waking of the Five Tribes Online will retail for 6,980 yen ($86) or 8,980 yen ($110) with a USB flash drive. You don’t have to buy Square Enix’s thumbdrive, but you’ll need a USB memory device with more than 16GB of space to play the game. Twenty days of online play is also included for free.

Afterwards, players will need to pay for a Dragon Quest X online subscription. Just like Monster Hunter Tri’s release in Japan there are three tiers: 30 days for 1,000 yen ($12), 60 days for 1,950 yen ($24), and 90 days for 2,900 yen ($35.50). Square Enix accepts credit cards and equivalent amounts of Wii Points.

During a Dragon Quest X press conference, Square Enix also said there will be periods of free play called “Kids Time.” Details about when and how often Kids Time occurs were not announced.

Check our our posts about Dragon Quest X’s battle system and how you can create a party for an overview of the game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast