+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Asai View Post
    Thanks for that! I've been playing on and off for years but I never really got much accomplished (kept losing interest in the game). Yea I've been to Eye and I think I have Gwen, not sure about Xandra though, gonna go check her out now.

Btw my character is Asai Kaiyosho
    Not sure how sin fares with the final boss in the arena there, but the subjob spirit spammer stuff tended to fall apart for me when I'd get to him. DoT/Kite kicked his ass though (though I'm a Mesmer main).

Crackodactyl
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    Not sure how sin fares with the final boss in the arena there, but the subjob spirit spammer stuff tended to fall apart for me when I'd get to him. DoT/Kite kicked his ass though (though I'm a Mesmer main).
    It's cool, I'm working on a mesmer also. If one fails I'll try the other.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

SoS spirit spammer just destroys everything in the arena, even the boss. >.>

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rysan Wulfric
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

SoS Spirit Spammer makes lots of things pretty lol. Any/Rt with SoS can turn your class into a solo farming machine.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    SoS spirit spammer just destroys everything in the arena, even the boss. >.>
    Didn't for me, but it did work nicely for almost everyone else - one of the Elementalists dismantled it pretty handily too.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    Hah lol I just realized I had the black moa quest completed and never captured it, got 2 more points on my HOM from it, 23/30. I really dont know if I am gonna go further much of the stuff I need will take much more grinding. I will help anyone on weekends, add me.
    Do green minipet quest for 1 point (moa chick).
    Doing that will give you another title for doing Sorrow's Furnace.
    Then get 3 points by doing another easy title (You have Kurzick armor, can't be too hard to get Kurzick title, wait for double weekends if needed).
    Get (easy) hero nightfall armor in Dajkah Inlet (not the worm): 3 heroes and you get another point.
    So 2 points left to 30, just buy the rest (find a way to get gold, just do zaishen elite daily or so): Buy minipets or more hero armor.

Oppressor's weap is really easy to get as well, just do WiK questline.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    After a few skill revisions/changes, I had a very easy time with this set of skills (as a Mesmer main, with EOTN titles capped). Took very little damage (if not no damage) that I can recall, though it's been awhile since I used it.

This, of course, is not the only build that will work. I'd even argue myself that some of those skills are just unnecesary (Sniper Support just sped up the fight occasionally). Just use your imagination.

http://i56.tinypic.com/2ushhtd.jpg

Mesmer skills: Illusionary Weaponry, Illusion of Weakness
    PVE-only skills: Summon Mursaat, Tryptophan Signet, Ebon Vanguard Sniper Support
    Dervish skills: Armor of Sanctity, Veil of Thorns and Mystic Regeneration

Here's the template code: OQpkAoBrQsqUIAIAsotou46V3G7F
    Copy and paste the code into a Template Code box from the "Load Template" window.

Speaking of tryptophan...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_pw2805WZ4

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Trollbane

You would be banned lol.
    Dude, i got bored... got GWAMM and almost got my tiger in HA. I was really bored.

http://hom.guildwars2.com/en/?#page=...AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://i53.tinypic.com/n2h2yu.jpg

Love this kind of wanton silliness.
    On the ship at Embark Beach, American District 1.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

One Shots: Past, present, and future
    by Rubi Bayer on Aug 22nd 2011 4:00PM
    [More Guild Wars] [More Guild Wars 2]

"For an old game, the screenshots still look like something out of an acrylic fantasy painting."

(ed: Yes, what you see below is an actual in-game screenshot from Guild Wars 1.)
    http://www.blogcdn.com/massively.joy.../gw-rb-822.jpg

With all the attention given to the Sylvari race of Guilds Wars 2 lately, it's only natural that fans will have Sylvari on the brain. Take a look at today's One Shots image from Guild Wars fan Jeromai:

Quote Originally Posted by Jeromai
    The amount of care Guild Wars puts into its environments is astounding! My favorite has got to be the amount of planning that has gone into keeping visual lore continuity between Eye of the North and Guild Wars 2.

A seemingly insignificant detail takes on much greater meaning as more is revealed. Just coming off Sylvari Week, I was tempted back into playing Guild Wars once again. Running casually by Arbor Bay, one of many instanced jungle maps, I did a double take as I realized the clearing I walked past was going to be the future birthplace of the Sylvari. Ventari was standing by right at the base of the future Pale Tree, and Ronan not too far off.

For an old game, the screenshots still look like something out of an acrylic fantasy painting.
    We're looking at the best MMO environments all this week. Do you have a favorite landscape, particularly eye-catching weather effect, or hidden jewel in an out-of-the-way location? Snap a screenshot of your favorite MMO area, tell us a bit about what and where it is, and send it to [email protected]

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

For a second I thought you posted in a wrong topic :D

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rysan Wulfric
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Would anyone be interested in doing some elite areas (DoA, The Deep, Urgoz, etc.) this weekend sometime? I've only been able to solo FoW and Sorrow's Furnace so far. Each elite area is worth a title in the HoM.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

I would probably be up for it, but I'm somewhat new and haven't done any of them before. The only one I've been in was when I was messing around with solo/duo underworld. I'm a ritualist using the SoS spirit spammer build.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Pyree View Post
    I would probably be up for it, but I'm somewhat new and haven't done any of them before. The only one I've been in was when I was messing around with solo/duo underworld. I'm a ritualist using the SoS spirit spammer build.
    I'd be down, Mo/Me and I'll be level 20 by the weekend.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

I'll be up for some quite possibly.

Edit: if we're going to do this make sure you have maxed armor with appropriate runes and insignias, and a decent build off pvx.

Black Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chrian Kywind
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I need urgoz and sorrows and uw so I'm down.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'll be up for some quite possibly.

Edit: if we're going to do this make sure you have maxed armor with appropriate runes and insignias, and a decent build off pvx.
    I dunno how to get that stuff though. o.o

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Max armor = armor with maximum armor value. PVX is a website with builds, one of can work with you for sure to make sure you got what you need.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    I dunno how to get that stuff though. o.o
    Disclaimer: I'm also a new player but I think I can answer this question! Please correct me if I got any of this wrong...

As a monk, max armor for monk means wearing all pieces that are 60 armor, as Eanae said. Different armor sets in GW don't have distinguishing stats on them, you pick an armor set that you like the model for and then you'll enchant the pieces to add on stats. Pick a set of armor that you like from here (you probably won't be able to get any of the sets labeled prestige yet). When you have one you like, the wiki shows you the materials it requires to craft it and also where the crafter NPC is at for it, so gather all those and go to him to get the armor made.

Runes and insignias are how you give your armor more unique stats. Runes add a suffix onto your armor name, and insignias add a prefix. You can have one of each per armor slot. List of runes and insignias. Anything that specifies "non-stacking" on it means that you won't benefit from having that same non-stacking stat on multiple pieces, it will only give you the highest value. You can still use other runes with the same stat provided they aren't labeled as "non-stacking." I don't know how to play a monk, so I can't really give good input on which ones you should be going for.

In general, the easiest way to get runes/insignias is by buying them off a Rune Trader NPC (info on trader NPCs). The other way to get them is by extracting them from those blue, purple, or gold salvage items you sometimes find. When you identify those, they will have a random rune and/or insignia built into them, and using an expert salvaging kit you can extract at least one of those off of the item. As an additional note, rarely will these items identify to a rune/insignia that you actually want, but sometimes you will get some that are worth a good amount. I always check the prices on the Rune Trader after identifying these items, if any of the ones I identified are valuable then I'll extract them and sell them there, otherwise I just merch the item.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

I've never played or really read much about guild wars until all the recent gw2 news which really has my interest piqued. Is GW1 worth checking out at this point? I assume I should get the 2 extra expansions to really get the most out if it.