Thread: Anyone still playing?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Corwen View Post
    EDIT: for expert tests, they modified it to where you make an item that uses mostly vendor mats. You can choose between attempting one with a 25% proc rate for about a mil per try, or one that guarantees you get the procced item for roughly 6 mil, which is a trivial amount considering inflation that happened since a year ago.

Kinda hijacked the thread >.>

So its a new expert test instead of the old one? I'm an alchy and 399 on my alt (my main alrdy passed the test before I quit). So I can get an item for 6m that will make the proc 100% chance? o.O

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yea, the expert quests were redone entirely. The old spellbook you had to make before is replaced with a new one that uses mostly mats from the alchemy vendor, and you can choose between attempting a 25% chance proc, or a 100% version, and is significantly cheaper than the old test.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

thanks for the tips!

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elrina Miona
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Welp, for anyone interested, the 10 day free activation for everybody for the two year anniversary started today. Just figured I'd mention it for anybody that's interested and forgot about it or didn't know.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trine Traverse
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Was going to give it another go, and decided to watch a couple new PvP-videos to get pumped.

Then I realized PvP still boils down to "3-shot them before they can 3-shot you", and the rubberbanding/CC-teleporting is still there. Fuck it.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Eh, 3shotting is really only a leather v. leather or leather v. chain thing. Glads/Temps dont' die that fast, healers can go down fast if silenced, and that is an issue mostly against rangers.

I find as a SM, other than rangers, nothing else is a zergfest.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Practically everyone on my server who PVPs has a silence godstone. Always tends to go off right away too...

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Going to ask here, since this is the most recent thread...

So any SMs around want to share new Socketing/Gearing/Stigmaing theories? I came back for the 10day, and have managed to almost hit 50 with my SM. (I really despised my Templar at the end so she sits at 50 and hasnt been touched). We have been having some fun stepping away from the same old, same old grind of WoW. We left well before the 1.5 patch that apparently changed how stats work with pets i guess and am curious to know what I should be going for in terms of stat priorities and such.

Quote Originally Posted by niwaar View Post

So any SMs around want to share new Socketing/Gearing/Stigmaing theories? I came back for the 10day, and have managed to almost hit 50 with my SM. (I really despised my Templar at the end so she sits at 50 and hasnt been touched). We have been having some fun stepping away from the same old, same old grind of WoW. We left well before the 1.5 patch that apparently changed how stats work with pets i guess and am curious to know what I should be going for in terms of stat priorities and such.
    For PvE, Mb imo. For PvP these days you really need a crapton of macc...everyone on siel is stacking MR like mad. Stigmas don't really change that much: IP line > whatever you want for PvE, IP line > cyclone servants (with Spiritsub and cyclone of wrath ofc).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I came back for the 10day, and have managed to almost hit 50 with my SM. (I really despised my Templar at the end so she sits at 50 and hasnt been touched).
    You came back before the free 10 days and you will be playing after, just saying. And you will be playing that Templar D: unless you want me to level my ranger alone

Beholder of Methane
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

Just made a Chanter on Vaizel, Elyos side. Anyone on there?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

me and a few others I know

Beholder of Methane
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

Named Yinu, feel free to add me

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    You came back before the free 10 days and you will be playing after, just saying. And you will be playing that Templar D: unless you want me to level my ranger alone
    Yeah yeah yeah... I know... WoW is bleh atm, so we will be playing Aion for a bit since it has been a lot of fun so far.

Pooky, can you be a bit more specific with the Stigma selection? Or should I just look you up and assume you believe your choice is the general best set up?... nvm you are a sorc lol

Yeah yeah yeah... I know... WoW is bleh atm, so we will be playing Aion for a bit since it has been a lot of fun so far.

Pooky, can you be a bit more specific with the Stigma selection? Or should I just look you up and assume you believe your choice is the general best set up?... nvm you are a sorc lol
    I've got a sorc, sm, cleric and soon to be templar at 55. Sm was the class I played at launch though, I had to reroll sorc because of how pitiful sm is in pve.

Sm PvP stigmas

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Thanks much Pooky. One last question, for SM Book or Orb or is it just personal choice/availability?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Book for PvP for sure, but honestly the high level orbs just look nicer.

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Well i just pulled the Triroan Book out of Theo so Book it is. Thanks for the response. Should I be looking to combine this with something with a PvP book or just a book with decent stats such as the "freebie" gold book you get in Inggison.

Well i just pulled the Triroan Book out of Theo so Book it is. Thanks for the response. Should I be looking to combine this with something with a PvP book or just a book with decent stats such as the "freebie" gold book you get in Inggison.
    For SM pvp damage bonuses really wont give a significant increase, since most of SM's dps comes from dots. Its nice to have, and adds up, but not really a priority.

Beholder of Methane
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

I re-subbed and saw how AWFUL asmodians are doing on Siel. So I shifted to Vaizel elyos