Oh Wu Assassins is out. Will binge it this weekend. Hope its good
    OH YES I MUST DOWNLOAD FOR AIRPLANE RIDE

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    OH YES I MUST DOWNLOAD FOR AIRPLANE RIDE
    Well, initial reviews arnt great =/ mixed bag atm

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Uh yea I’m about halfway thru episode 1 and I’m not feeling very good about it

If the fights are good Im ok, if not ... Ill miss into the badlands even more ; ;

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heavy Arms
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I'm on episode 6 and the fights are pretty meh and the acting is even worse.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Funny I'm liking it so far for what it is honestly. Fights are not bad.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Rocko's Modern Life: Static Cling. Is up on netflix

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ker View Post
    Rocko's Modern Life: Static Cling. Is up on netflix
    Just watched it, was amazing, as good as I remember!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

This

Edit: It reminds me of the Monkey King with all that cheese.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Training Day.

It’s been awhile since I’ve seen Denzel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Finished Wu Assassin. Holy fuck what a shit show. For the good, I honestly didn't mind/enjoyed the cast, the premise and setting. For the bad...the writing was goddamned ATROCIOUS. Some scenes flow just fine and make sense and build the characters in it, and then some scenes make no goddamned sense and just seem like they took out multiple scenes to shove a few lines into the scene to attempt to accomplish it all. To go into more detail:

Spoiler: show
    As soon as the Ying Ying and Dao stuff came in, everything felt super flat. It was THROWN IN HIS FACE with shit explanation, and they never really went back to fully explain things. They just expect you to respect it as this old prophecy when no one knows shit about it.

They take the Fire Wu out of Uncle Six, he then does nothing, and gets killed. Wtf?

The Earth Wu barely gets to speak before they start fighting. And he never tries to talk to him. For a guy who was all "Let's talk about this" and extremely anti-killing, this makes no sense. And based on what WAS said, the Earth Wu very well could have given up his power willingly, so he could have kept his pacifism going.

The final fight he just tackles Alec and stabs him. Then he goes to slice open his wife? The fuck? This dude was a fucking pacifist a few episodes ago, and his only confirmed kill is the Earth Wu.

They then spend like half the final episode teasing a next season. Which to me makes me think the show runner thought they made some top notch show that was certainly getting a season 2. The show needs a reboot before it needs a second season because so many details were fucking stupid if they made season 2 good, I wouldn't want to ask someone to deal with watching season 1.

The entire show seems like a simple minded jockbro trying to take a geek setting and make a fighting show about it. If it wasn't trying to take itself so seriously, I'd maybe consider it as a parody, but it clearly wasn't. How this got okay'd I don't understand.

TL:DR - Total letdown.

Agreed on all points. I am dissapoint. It was either rushed or just badly written. I do think if they took things much slower with how the story progressed especially with uncle 6, it would have been more believable.

Netflix is doing a live action last air bender.. please god do not mess that up.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Rockos Modern Life was what in the hell am I watching.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I loved it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    Agreed on all points. I am dissapoint. It was either rushed or just badly written. I do think if they took things much slower with how the story progressed especially with uncle 6, it would have been more believable.

Netflix is doing a live action last air bender.. please god do not mess that up.
    Yeah like I said, the premise was perfectly fine and neat. Great way to give a martial arts feel and a bit of Avatar. And the extended powers of the Wu's was also super neat...and barely explored. Honestly the overall premise would have been neat for one of those "new cast every season" shows as you follow a different Wu Assassin and just had the Ying Ying person stringing them together, and it would sort of be the story of Ying Ying. And then you could have different endings because some Wu Assassin's win, and some lose (well, technically, they all lose to some degree since they needed one for this season, but yeah).

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Mythe_Seraph View Post
    Rockos Modern Life was what in the hell am I watching.
    So it was Rocko's Modern Life.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I want to try to watch that tonight after I settle down. I've heard good things, but I'm trying to temper my expectations. Rocko was one of my favorite shows when I was younger.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Dc superhero girls is on Netflix. First 13 episodes (11 minutes long). Season 1 which hasn’t done airing all its episodes on CN is 52 episodes long.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Black Belt