Closed Thread
Page 123 of 151 FirstFirst ... 73 113 121 122 123 124 125 133 ... LastLast
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Someone here has to be watching Unsolved Mysteries 'cause omg I wanna talk about how much I want to punch Rob and that Sandy chick.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Someone here has to be watching Unsolved Mysteries 'cause omg I wanna talk about how much I want to punch Rob and that Sandy chick.
    Was that the last episode?

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Was that the last episode?
    Rob was the second ep I think. The one with the missing hairdresser wife.

Sandy was the last.

So A Brave new World is up on Peacock. Its good shit.

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Rob was the second ep I think. The one with the missing hairdresser wife.

Sandy was the last.
    I just finished the series this morning. Sandy (and Kris) need to be locked up, if not worse. I feel sorry for Colter when he finds out the truth.

I had to look up who Rob was (Patrice's husband for anyone else who forgot), but he is incredibly creepy. It seemed like it was probably a serial killer, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was involved either.

Episodes 1, 3, & 5 were the most interesting for me because they left so many questions. The UFO one mainly because so many people experienced it in different areas. I just feel bad for Alonzo in episode 4 since it was obviously related to racism and no one in the town is talking.

Overall, I really like that they brought the series back and the changes made. I especially like the timelines they showed on screen for reference. Hoping we get more episodes (and updates).

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Don’t get me wrong. Rob was weird as fuck. But the whole perspective of the show tried to make Patricre’s son seem like a sad DSP and to empathize with him. It’s clear that kid was probably a fuck up. After a year of good times with someone something had to have happened or Rob has to have realized hey Patrice you’re raising a monster we need to add some discipline and the teenage boy perspective of that is “this guys a dick I hate him.”

I feel bad that kids mom died. I don’t hate Rob because he tried to be a structured figure in his life and it didn’t turn out. I don’t think Rob honored his late wife by locking the kid out of the house and essentially wiping his hands clean of it though. But clearly we’re not getting the whole story. I doubt he had anything to do with her death.

Edit: also episode one that guy was for sure thrown out of a helicopter. How was that not brought up ever come on now.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Tomiko View Post
    I just finished the series this morning. Sandy (and Kris) need to be locked up, if not worse. I feel sorry for Colter when he finds out the truth.

I had to look up who Rob was (Patrice's husband for anyone else who forgot), but he is incredibly creepy. It seemed like it was probably a serial killer, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was involved either.

Episodes 1, 3, & 5 were the most interesting for me because they left so many questions. The UFO one mainly because so many people experienced it in different areas. I just feel bad for Alonzo in episode 4 since it was obviously related to racism and no one in the town is talking.

Overall, I really like that they brought the series back and the changes made. I especially like the timelines they showed on screen for reference. Hoping we get more episodes (and updates).
    Same! Just fyi I guess this season is technically 12 episodes, and the other six come in October.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythe_Seraph View Post
    Don’t get me wrong. Rob was weird as fuck. But the whole perspective of the show tried to make Patricre’s son seem like a sad DSP and to empathize with him. It’s clear that kid was probably a fuck up. After a year of good times with someone something had to have happened or Rob has to have realized hey Patrice you’re raising a monster we need to add some discipline and the teenage boy perspective of that is “this guys a dick I hate him.”

I feel bad that kids mom died. I don’t hate Rob because he tried to be a structured figure in his life and it didn’t turn out. I don’t think Rob honored his late wife by locking the kid out of the house and essentially wiping his hands clean of it though. But clearly we’re not getting the whole story. I doubt he had anything to do with her death.

Edit: also episode one that guy was for sure thrown out of a helicopter. How was that not brought up ever come on now.
    Thing about Rob, I 100% believe he was somehow involved in her death. Who fucking changes the locks THE SAME DAY your wife disappears, and ignores knocking on the door from her own son? I just don't see the rationality of that unless he knew for a fact she wasn't coming back. I don't know how he was involved, but he knew somehow, he knew.

I don't care how much a fuck up Piston was. You don't lock out a sub 18 year old teenager from his own home on the same day the cops let him know she's missing. Like fuck? Kid never even got any of his stuff, and not once got to step in the home. That means he has no memorabilia of her he got to keep. And I've worked with some f'd up teens, and I still don't think that's ok.

Holding onto her ashes saying "She's mine," is also creepily obsessive and fucked up. Can't even give the son a part of her. On the off chance it's all coincidence, he's still a gigantic asshole.

As to the falling guy, tons of people on reddit are bringing up the helicopter idea. To me, it seems so over the top, yet at the same time the only answer. Who knows.

Overall, I am really pleased with it. They did a good job of finding cases where there's really like 1 missing puzzle piece they need to find. I really hope they do give updates and solve some of them.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Just finished Stateless. Really good but Jesus fuck that was heavy...

Not a date night watch.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

@Ksandra

Yeah but we don’t know for sure the locks were changed the same day. That’s one side of the story. Rob admits to changing the locks but doesn’t specify when. I’m just saying we don’t know the whole story and I’d be shocked if he changed them the same day. That sounds like victim exaggeration to me. I’m sure the kid caused some type of stupid trouble for Rob to resort to such extreme measures it’s just never professed on camera. And we barely hear anything but snippets of Robs side of the story. It’s clearly a smear job.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://deadline.com/2020/07/hoops-p...st-1202988936/

Netflix’s has rounded out the team and set a tipoff date for its basketball-themed adult animated series from creator Ben Hoffman, Phil Lord, Chris Miller & 20th TV.

Rob Riggle, Natasha Leggero, Ron Funches, Cleo King and A.D. Miles have joined the voice cast of Hoops alongside Jake Johnson. The action begins Friday, August 21. Watch the first teaser above.

Hoops centers on a hotheaded, foul-mouthed high school basketball coach (Johnson) who thinks turning around his god-awful team will take him to the “big leagues” and turn his miserable life around.
    • Johnson is Coach Ben Hopkins, a pathetic, angry, foul-mouthed coach desperate to prove himself but always looking for an easy way to get the job done. He’s shameless and selfish, and given the opportunity to do the right thing, he fails most of the time.
    • Riggle is Barry Hopkins, Ben’s father. A former pro athlete-turned-steakhouse owner, he frequently rips his son and doesn’t respect him, but still wants the best for him.
    • Leggero is Shannon, Ben’s estranged wife. She’s got a history of impulsive behavior and rash decisions but has straightened up her life since leaving Ben and is focused on making her horse farm a success.
    • Funches is Ron, Ben’s assistant coach and best friend. Considerate, quiet and patient, he’s Ben’s polar opposite.
    • King is Opa, Ben’s boss and principal of Lenwood High who doesn’t like her job and is nearly as foul-mouthed as Ben. She’s unlucky in love, superstitious and has a talent for singing.
    • Miles is Matty, 16 -year-old 7-footer whose father abandoned him when he was young. Matty struggles with his body off the court and has a hard time making friends.
    The show is animated by Bento Box Entertainment which is known for Bob's Burgers and Paradise PD.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Animation looks great. Excited all Trollhunters characters are back for the conclusion.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Book 3 August 13th. Only on HBO Max

Poster for Next Adventure Time special. Only on HBO Max

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Dragon Prince Panel. They confirmed Netflix has picked up the whole Saga(Season 4-7). Season 4 is Next year.
    Spoiler: show

Nice!!!

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Why is everyone drunk or embarrassed?

BG Level

Fear City, excellent documentary on the 1970's Italian Mafia scene. Highly recommend.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Just slogged my way through Cursed. It was like a bloodier version of Merlin and not in a good way. The storylines were bipolar, the acting not brilliant and I just didn’t care about any of the characters. About the only one I could stomach was Merlin himself. I don’t recommend watching this show!

Can’t wait for Umbrella Academy 2 as a palate cleanser.