Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

That poor incel is so offended.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

That guy is just flat out wrong. The message of the film isn't about 'reading between the lines', it's pretty fucking clear cut. For him to say instead it's something else makes me question his entire processing system. He also did poor research. Main actress is 14 atm, he claims she was 11 at filming, that would mean the film was filmed 3 years ago. The film he calls out and says it is "by far the most tame" is also inaccurate. That's the 'worst' part. The second example he uses is them directly copying a music video shown earlier in the movie.

And when he goes after it being "French culture", Europe has some of the lowest teen pregnancy rates in the world. Maybe because they actually seek to address issues like this instead of FREAK THE FUCK OUT and scream pedophilia.

I don't get the obsession with "This is a pedophiles dream!". There are many times more girls going through these events.

And holy shit his final breakdown of the scenes. "Caught by security guards and must dance their way out." What, that's not how that scene worked. They broke into a laser tag joint, one security guard stopped them and wanted their parents numbers to call them. The kids basically screamed at him, accused him of being a pedo, they got a call they made it into the dance competition, then start randomly dancing and run off. There was no "made to dance their way out" there. He's intentionally making the scenes seem even more provocative than they were. Total shit review. I think he even skipped what is actually the worst part of the movie, making me question if he truly did watch it.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

i watched the video the scenes are pretty cringe and pedo

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Yeah I don't need a movie that talks about the warning of exploiting children by actually exploiting children.

Supposedly someone is trying to open an investigation into Netflix for this. Doubt it will go anywhere but holy shit if it does.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    i watched the video the scenes are pretty cringe and pedo
    And the context is especially important in all of those clips. Though you're right about them being pretty cringe. That's the tone of just about every scene involving dance, or them interacting with boys. Kinda like how almost all attempts at 'courting' at that age are pretty cringe.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Yeah I don't need a movie that talks about the warning of exploiting children by actually exploiting children.

Supposedly someone is trying to open an investigation into Netflix for this. Doubt it will go anywhere but holy shit if it does.
    Lol there's zero chance at that. Netflix didn't make or fund the film, they just bought distribution rights. And only the USA is freaking out about it. It was released in France earlier than Netflix and no insane protests there as far as I've seen.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

theres really no context in which i want to watch 11 year olds twerk for 3 min straight

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    theres really no context in which i want to watch 11 year olds twerk for 3 min straight
    I don't think you're supposed to enjoy it

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

You guys should make a thread about it. I can’t keep up with the other Netflix shows/movies with you guys constantly discussing cuties.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

On a more legal note.

The Babysitter, Killer Queen was really fun. It kept to the spirit of the first and added some things. I’d put it on par of a sequel that adds to the original instead of trying to do its completely own thing.

Also. Samara Weaving is just so god damn attractive and a great actor. I’ll talk more spoilers when others watch it.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Kanriel View Post
    And only the USA is freaking out about it.

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/t...e-exploitation

Old Merits
    BG Level

Been watching Suits on Netflix, finished this morning. Liked the show overall, but got very tired of the bigger plot being driven by people being dumb or badly written. Thought the show really hit its stride around season 6 and then dropped again, but overall, it was worth the watch.

That being said, the entire time I was wondering just why the actress playing Rachel seemed so familar even though the only thing in her filmography I managed to recall were those two episodes of Fringe. Only took a look at the actual title of her Wikipedia entry after finishing the show, felt so dumb.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Done with the first three episodes of Cobra Kai. I’m loving everything about it so far.

Sorry didn't see the Cobra Kai thread.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Got through watching the first 2 seasons of aggreotso(sp) and... eh. It has its moments but can't see why people went nuts about it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    I don't think you're supposed to enjoy it
    You're very obviously not. And the "3min straight" is of them dancing, they're not twerking the whole time. They start off doing fairly normal dancing and get cheers, and then switch off to twerking and more suggestive moves and get boo'd for it. And there are also frequent cuts to the audience (which that guy did reference, but didn't show, because he's telling his narrative) and the audience is booing, shielding their eyes, etc. A huge bulk of the movie is about a bunch of kids trying to be sexy grown ups and failing at it every step of the way, because they're very obviously still dumb kids.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh_Quetz View Post
    On a more legal note.

The Babysitter, Killer Queen was really fun. It kept to the spirit of the first and added some things. I’d put it on par of a sequel that adds to the original instead of trying to do its completely own thing.

Also. Samara Weaving is just so god damn attractive and a great actor. I’ll talk more spoilers when others watch it.
    I just watched this too, back to back with the first one which I missed somehow when it first came out. Thoroughly enjoyed them both. I liked both the main actor playing Cole and Samara Weaving.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laugana View Post
    I just watched this too, back to back with the first one which I missed somehow when it first came out. Thoroughly enjoyed them both. I liked both the main actor playing Cole and Samara Weaving.
    I highly recommend any movie that has Samara Weaving in it. Guns Akaimbo, Ready or not, or anything else she's been in.

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I just finished Cuties. Outside of the crotch shot pic this would've been a Dance Mom's episode. It was a bad movie overall though. Like I get the girl coming from an Islamic background but her Mom was super chill, which kind of defeats the whole she was being oppressed argument. It was her seeing something new and getting swept up with the wrong crowd and continually trying to fit in and not be seen as a kid. If you've seen Law & Order SVU then you've seen how far Cuties goes, like 98% of it.

That little boy is bad though.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

What was the “partial nudity” portion of Cuties that has people in an uproar?