Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    I enjoyed hubie.
    same

Ridill
    BG Level

People enjoying a modern Adam Sandler film? 2020 surely is a strange year.

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    People enjoying a modern Adam Sandler film? 2020 surely is a strange year.
    I would def not call it modern if it helps lol.

Tekki's Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

it wasn't anything special but had a comfy 'ima watch this mid day during halloween and enjoy my surroundings vibe'

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Is Haunting of Bly Manor worth a netflix resub?

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Koul View Post
    It was fantastic. Better than season one in almost every way.

Quote Originally Posted by Koul View Post
    Loving it so far.

Ridill
    BG Level

Two episodes in and I’m not as hooked as I was first season. There’s definitely more mystery but there’s less character, unless you count being Obviously Off and Purposely Vague as a character trait, which is 100% of everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    Two episodes in and I’m not as hooked as I was first season. There’s definitely more mystery but there’s less character, unless you count being Obviously Off and Purposely Vague as a character trait, which is 100% of everybody.
    The SO and I are more hooked as we don’t have to worry about any jump scares like season 1... heartattack central

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

The characters being vague has intent. If you go into it thinking about it being more of a mystery than a ghost story you’ll have a better time I think. There’s lots of character development after episode 3. Basically each character gets their moment in the spot light.

The beauty of this one is mostly the atmosphere and then later on the story. Episode 1-3 does heavy world building then 4-9 does character and story development. The manor is just ridiculously gorgeous. So fun to watch.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah, I think even the creators said this is more of a mystery story instead of a horror.

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mythe_Seraph View Post
    The characters being vague has intent. If you go into it thinking about it being more of a mystery than a ghost story you’ll have a better time I think. There’s lots of character development after episode 3. Basically each character gets their moment in the spot light.

The beauty of this one is mostly the atmosphere and then later on the story. Episode 1-3 does heavy world building then 4-9 does character and story development. The manor is just ridiculously gorgeous. So fun to watch.
    I really couldn't agree with this more. It feels like the intent of this season was to tell a mystery story set in the world of a haunted house. I actually liked all the characters more this season than last even though it feels like they each had a 'less is more' system going on with them. Hannah in particular is an extremely good and genuine character.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Really loving Kipo and the age of the wonder beasts. Got two episodes left in S3. The story is genuinely interesting and the characters are all lovable in their own ways. Even the animation itself has its own charm to it. Nice feel good show to watch.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

After about a week of me gabbing about how much I like Dirk Gently, the wife finally agreed to watch an episode to shut me up. We have now spent the last 3 days binge watching it together and only have 2 episodes left. Such a great show. Shame theres only the two seasons.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Just watched Love and Monsters, pretty entertaining film, highly recommend!

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

New season for Star Trek Discovery started. After the disaster that was Picard, it's nice to see this one kick off with a pretty epic episode.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gadritan View Post
    New season for Star Trek Discovery started. After the disaster that was Picard, it's nice to see this one kick off with a pretty epic episode.

I liked it, I wish they would just move away from the typical saviour trope though.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    I liked it, I wish they would just move away from the typical saviour trope though.
    I'm ready for more Mary Wiseman and Michelle Yeoh. Hands down my favorites of the cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Druin View Post
    I really couldn't agree with this more. It feels like the intent of this season was to tell a mystery story set in the world of a haunted house. I actually liked all the characters more this season than last even though it feels like they each had a 'less is more' system going on with them. Hannah in particular is an extremely good and genuine character.
    Agreed; the show even breaks the fourth wall and says that should've been called a "love story" rather than a ghost story.

Ghosts + tragic loss is typical of gothic horror, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Gadritan View Post
    I'm ready for more Mary Wiseman and Michelle Yeoh. Hands down my favorites of the cast.

Also excited for the fact that this entire season is set in the far future and can give us something fresh (hopefully)