BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

It was okay, but not must see tv.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Laugana View Post
    It was okay, but not must see tv.
    Which means you most def do not need to go see it in a theater.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I liked El Camino. But it felt slower than the hype train led me to believe. But it really didn’t feel like a theater movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

It was basically an extended BB episode which isn’t something I’d watch in theaters either but doesn’t take away from its greatness.

Also everyone got fat.

BG Level

it was competent enough but had no reason for existing, unnecessary project that adds little to Breaking Bad's legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    it was competent enough but had no reason for existing, unnecessary project that adds little to Breaking Bad's legacy.
    Yep, it was fun enough to see everyone again but it really adds nothing to breaking bad that your imagination couldn't do at the end of the series anyway.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

The "Oh shit, that's on netflix streaming now?" Thread/Netflix Suggestion

I wanted to see the skinny Pete interrogation about having the car, figured it would have been good for a laugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Yep, it was fun enough to see everyone again but it really adds nothing to breaking bad that your imagination couldn't do at the end of the series anyway.
    Yea honestly I thought the way they ended Breaking Bad left too many unanswered questions. El Camino provides closure for most of that without leaving many additional questions.

I thought it was pretty good, although I don't see a reason to compare it with a theatrical release, most theatrical releases don't have multiple seasons of previous content to tie together. (MCU movies being an obvious exception at this point)

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

The "Oh shit, that's on netflix streaming now?" Thread/Netflix Suggestion

I thought it was great and provided much needed closure to Jesse’s character. I personally didn’t need nor care for it to be “cinematic.” I got the epilogue I wanted. Weird question to ask anyways, is it in theaters?

If I had a complaint its the time lapse from the series to this movie. In the shows continuity it takes place immediately after the final episode, but it’s pretty damn jarring how everyone has blatantly gotten older/fatter. I’m looking at you Todd.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    I’m looking at you Todd.
    I think he's trying to get rid of the "Meth Damon" nickname

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

I know him more as Capt. Robert Daly of the USS Callister now.

Coincidentally in that Black Mirror episode the asshole gamer at the end was Aaron Paul.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

The opinion above is probably the same for a lot of people that, at the time, were crying to know more about Jessie's story/ending. I think what helped a lot was that the wife and I recently rewatched the entire BB series and just finished it last week. It helped make the timing of the release of this epilogue a lot more palatable. Admittedly, it's several years too late. Also, the actors getting old/fat was hilarious. If that's Todd's best attempt at getting in shape before a major motion picture I wonder how haggard he was before they approached him with this.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by djzombie View Post
    Yea honestly I thought the way they ended Breaking Bad left too many unanswered questions.
    Seriously? As one of the best show endings ever I thought it put a nice bow on just about everything. Walt's arc is closed. Jesse has escaped his tormentors and they are dead.

I don't consider "well what happened to him after that" to be an unanswered question. If Walt never returned to Nazi-land to save Jesse, THEN Jesse's fate would be an unanswered question.

As it was, what happens to Jesse after his escape is largely irrelevant because no matter what happens, it will be better than what he was dealing with.

So that was a lot of words to agree with others saying this didn't have much reason to be made but it was still enjoyable. I'm all for giving auteurs like Vince Gilligan the money and power to make more things.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    Seriously? As one of the best show endings ever I thought it put a nice bow on just about everything. Walt's arc is closed. Jesse has escaped his tormentors and they are dead.

I don't consider "well what happened to him after that" to be an unanswered question. If Walt never returned to Nazi-land to save Jesse, THEN Jesse's fate would be an unanswered question.

As it was, what happens to Jesse after his escape is largely irrelevant because no matter what happens, it will be better than what he was dealing with.

So that was a lot of words to agree with others saying this didn't have much reason to be made but it was still enjoyable. I'm all for giving auteurs like Vince Gilligan the money and power to make more things.
    Yea I agree with all that but despite it - I still think what they did with El Camino was necessary closure that I really sorely missed at the end of Breaking Bad.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

I still kinda wanted to see Walt Jr. actually get the money. I don’t trust that dumbo eared fairy.

BG Level

Breaking Bad's ending was perfect, the show ultimately was Walt's story not Jesse's, and Jesse's arc got what closure it could.

Spoiler: show

not sure happy ending him in Alaska after a welder shootout is that much better than him yell-crying in freedom after Walt's sacrifice.

that said him talking to Mike about starting over and telling his parents they did what they could were excellent little character moments. like i said it wasn't bad by any stretch it just didn't have much of a raison d'etre.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Breaking Bad's ending was perfect, the show ultimately was Walt's story not Jesse's, and Jesse's arc got what closure it could.
    That's where I disagree. It started out as Walt's story but I came to hate his character for the choices he made and came to identify more with Jessie due to his circumstances at the end being out of his control.

I understand your point though - I just felt like they did Jessie dirty by leaving the rest of his story untold.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

It was still Walt's story, though. The story was focused on Walt's crisis of dying due to cancer, how he "broke bad." Jesse was definitely a main character, but he was never the lead. And you were definitely supposed to hate Walt at many points in the series.