BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    This is the best possible outcome for the series after he most recent finale

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Watched the documentary for the Fyre Festival. Lmaooo at the fucking idiot rich kids who paid for that scam. Even more hilarious is that some fell for another scam by the same dude afterwards.

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    Anyone watched Polar? Not bad, hope there is a sequel.
    Finally got around to watching it yesterday. It was a little more over the top than I expected, but I enjoyed it and also hope for a sequel.

Watched You and I actually enjoyed it a lot, the main chick is super cute.
    Now watching Sex Education and I'm reminded yet again that UK teenage dramas are far superior to American ones, it's actually pretty good.

Sex Education was a blast. I love how they took that 80s highschool movie theme with how the kids dressed etc.

Finished it yesterday, looking forward to season 2.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by vagus View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hahahahahahahahaha. One of the most awkward interviews I’ve ever had the pleasure of watching.

BG Level

Velvet Buzzsaw - supernatural movie involving super pretentious art exhibit agents/art critics.

Quote Originally Posted by bori View Post
    Velvet Buzzsaw - supernatural movie involving super pretentious art exhibit agents/art critics.
    it was pretty bad =/

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    it was pretty bad =/
    Whaaaat? No way it was entertaining at least. Nothing amazing but not bad for sure.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Russian Doll is alright, it's gotten some chuckles out of me. Kinda like Glow in that regard.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Old Merits
    BG Level

Reading up on this, it doesn't seem like it's possible, but is there any way to turn off those giant ads and recommendations on what to watch next whenever a series/movie ends? Would much rather just read the credits in peace instead of having to click the miniature screen they're reduced to.

Not even that could ruin the credits of Kimi no Na wa., but it's annoying as hell. Still, the movie was incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythe_Seraph View Post
    Whaaaat? No way it was entertaining at least. Nothing amazing but not bad for sure.
    A movie could be entertaining and bad at the same time

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    Pretty big fan of MCR. I'll probably check this out, looks interesting. I was aware of the comic book but not that this was being created.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by djzombie View Post
    Pretty big fan of MCR. I'll probably check this out, looks interesting. I was aware of the comic book but not that this was being created.
    I had to look up this series to confirm you were indeed speaking about My Chemical Romance. I was surprised.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    I had to look up this series to confirm you were indeed speaking about My Chemical Romance. I was surprised.
    Yea I was surprised this was being made into a Netflix series too, looks like they did a good job with it though.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

An American crime story the assassination of Gianni’s Versace has been pretty good so far dudes. Four episodes in and I’m a fan. Episode one is slow. Get through it and you’ve got some pretty good crime drama.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Watched Umbrella Academy. If they release a season 2, I will watch it. If they don't release a season 2, I don't think I'd recommend people watch the first season.

I didn't read the comicbooks beforehand, but here is a more drawn out take:
    Spoiler: show
    You could say that it's an X-men clone, but I'd say the setting is more of a cross between The Royal Tenenbaums and The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. Kids with a shitty, eccentric father have kind of random powers of varying strengths. They are all moody 20-somethings now who reconvene on their childhood home to mourn (or celebrate) the death of their father. They litigate their grievances with each other over the next ten episodes while trying to save the world.

Pros:
    Some of the characters were generally interesting non-tropes.
    The characters were very accepting of each other's oddities/damage, which was unusual but enjoyable.
    Some of the actors were pretty good
    Netflix continues to invest in classic tracks for their soundtracks and I can't hate it

Cons:
    There is a twist or two, but it's trope-y enough that I pretty much called the major story twists in episode 1.
    Some of the characters were 1D, which is probably a shared failure between those actors and the writers.
    I'm fucking tired of shows where guns are going off all the time and no one ever gets hit.

I guess in summary, the concept wasn't really unique enough to lead me to recommend this with the mediocre execution that it got. They have the funding and some usable elements, though, so if they make a killer second season then it would probably be worth watching all of it.