Closed Thread
Page 147 of 151 FirstFirst ... 97 137 145 146 147 148 149 ... LastLast
    Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Just started getting into LetterKenny. It’s like Trailer Park Boys but instead of trailer trash. It’s rednecks. And I love Canadian slang and stereotyping. I only got into this show cause a lot of “online communities” were “campaigning” have the main dude play Wolverine in upcoming movies.

Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I've heard some folks at work talk about it. Not sure if it's on your radar either, but I hear a show called Schitt's Creek is quite good too. Has Catherine o'Hara and Eugene Levy in it.

Basic plot as I understand it: Wealthy socialites fall on hard times, and lose their fortune. They return to a small town they purchased as joke in Atlantic Canada to live.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vandalhart View Post
    I've heard some folks at work talk about it. Not sure if it's on your radar either, but I hear a show called Schitt's Creek is quite good too. Has Catherine o'Hara and Eugene Levy in it.

Basic plot as I understand it: Wealthy socialites fall on hard times, and lose their fortune. They return to a small town they purchased as joke in Atlantic Canada to live.
    As much as Eugene Levi will always be my dream dad thanks to American Pie, tried watching the first season and couldn’t get into it. Just wasn’t my jam. Nothing negative to say about it. Just wasn’t for me. Maybe once Lockdowns 4th form activates, maybe I’ll just binge it for something to so other than murder my wife, bury her in my backyard and start to realize she was keeping me from going full dog man, as my mind slips even deeper from reality. Until one day, I’m so far gone, I’m on all fours, digging in my backyard as the neighbours look at me with curiousness and disgust, instead of their usual disgust because now I’m digging up the bones of my long since dead wife and howling while I do, which ends up with me in prison playing bury the bone or lick this peanut butter off.

I don’t like those games. Okay, I’ll give it one more go. Jeez!

I think Resident Alien needs its own thread!. It just gets better and better.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Raya and the last dragon was legit good.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    Started it today. Feel like a fool for not watching sooner.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Done: https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/13...24#post7481324

So anyone watched the pacifc rim anime on netflix?? I was pleasantly surprised!!

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

I can not get over now much I am enjoying Letterkenny. I love Canadian stereotypes and rednecks.

Canadian redneck. Speaks funny, most likely a farmer, hard worker. I am looking to find ways to incorporate “Give your balls a tug, ya tit fucker”. I fucking love that phrase.

Even showing it to my wife. She’s much harder to get to laugh and she’s been laughing til she snorts atleast once per episode. The first episode we both watched was called “Fartbook”. It’s still our favourite episode.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Letterkenny is fucking amazing. Friend of mine had been trying to get me to watch it for years. Worth the time to check out.

BG Level

i binged the entire show last year it's fuckin gold. still using Canadian slang in daily Socal living and hitting those around me with Shoresey chirps,

your mom shot cum straight across the room and killed my Siamese fighting fish, threw off the PH levels in my aquarium

and

your lives are so sad, i get a charity tax break just for hanging out with you

getting the most play

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Right now, my beyond favourite quote would be

“give your balls a tug, ya tit fucker. I made your mom cum so hard that they made a Canadian Heritage moment of it and Don Mckellar played my dick”

I grew up watching and loving those Canadian Heritage moments and it never failed to make me even more proud to be Canadian.
    Or

“Your life is so sad I get a charity tax break just for hanging out with you”

Fuck. Pretty much every Shoresy line is just purely amazing. Stewart, Glen, Gail are my favourite characters outside of the main cast

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    i binged the entire show last year it's fuckin gold. still using Canadian slang in daily Socal living and hitting those around me with Shoresey chirps,

your mom shot cum straight across the room and killed my Siamese fighting fish, threw off the PH levels in my aquarium

and

your lives are so sad, i get a charity tax break just for hanging out with you
    B
    getting the most play
    That is amazing that we both posted at the same time and shared the same quotes.

Did Crave TV give Letterkenny shit during season 1? I ask because the Skids were all about the Meth and season 2 onward they never mention it again as far as I can tell.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I hated Schitt's Creek S1. Didn't laugh a single time.

Midway through season 2, you start to get some laughs. By season 3, where I am at, it at least is consistently funny now that everyone seems developed. Just gotta get there and everyone is on point, even the side characters.

Letterkenny is great. Like a crude version of a Canadian 'The Office' thats self aware enough to tease itself and some great continuity nods across the seasons.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Raya and the last dragon was legit good.
    My kid almost accidentally purchased it, going to wait until it's free since he's too young for it anyway.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post

March 26th

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Anybody got kids movies or shows that are tolerable as an adult? I know most Disney falls in this category but I don't want to watch every single Disney movie. I try to push SpongeBob as much as I can but it's not taking yet. Trying to keep him away from the garbage that is Coco melon and whatever the stupid shit I'm watching now word party I can't stand the shit.

We did a ton of Disney / Pixar stuff but I'm kind of at the point where I want to watch something for me that's really a kid's thing lol. Like Shrek.

Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Dreamworks (Shrek makers) also made Kung Fu Panda(s), How to Train You Dragon(s), Madgascar(s), Megamind, Boss Baby (series and movie) are things we've seen.

We've watched those a lot. Lately though, my little guy has been gravitated to gameplay videos on youtube. Though he sat through me playing Mario Odyssey with him which was fun.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Anybody got kids movies or shows that are tolerable as an adult? I know most Disney falls in this category but I don't want to watch every single Disney movie. I try to push SpongeBob as much as I can but it's not taking yet. Trying to keep him away from the garbage that is Coco melon and whatever the stupid shit I'm watching now word party I can't stand the shit.

We did a ton of Disney / Pixar stuff but I'm kind of at the point where I want to watch something for me that's really a kid's thing lol. Like Shrek.
    Dragonball Z?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk