• Navigation
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 94 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Philadelphia at Atlanta - The return of Mike Vick to the Georgia Dome. After getting absolutely crushed against Atlanta, they look to rebound big off of an unlikely rival. Atlanta couldn't really stop the erratic Jay Cutler from dominating, I can't imagine they'll stop Vick, but they could. At this point, I really have to see it from Atlanta before I'll believe it. I was a huge Matt Ryan guy, as some of you know from previous posts in other threads. Now, I'm having some doubts. My gut tells me Atlanta is going to win, but every rational bone in by body says Philly will destroy. My gut is always wrong, but I always go with it anyway. Atlanta rebounds and wins.
    If you are seriously having doubts about Matt Ryan after that game, I don't know what to tell you. Despite getting teed off on with the Falcon oline being manhandled, he stood in the pocket like a champ and threw for 312 yards.

It is funny how much people are overreacting to week one. I was going to say I'm surprised but I guess I'm not, people do it every year and look stupid every year. It is one game folks. The Steelers and Falcons are not as bad as they looked Sunday. The Bills and Cam Newton(fucking lol at how many people think he is the second coming of Jesus Christ already) are not as good as they looked Sunday. \

@Rhino Babineaux loss is big, especially with Peters still out. Our Dline rotation is usually a strength with Babs, Peters, and Jerry.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

And henne had less than 140 in the last two drives, not "170+"

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Here's the NFL.com power rankings, aka "Goddamnit Skirkle the Dream Team couldn't even pull 1 first place vote?"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Kargath

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    With the exception of the final drive (when it was only 8 points), the Packers defense was on the field protecting an 11+ point lead for every possession the Saints had after 9:29 in the first quarter. They sure didn't let it get too close - if that's not containing, I don't know what.
    What game were you watching? After the punt return the score was 17 to 21 and before the kickoff touch down the score was 20 to 28 then it became 27 to 35 after the Sproles kickoff return. They were basically going score for score with a turnover that might be the biggest reason they lost the game (besides defense).

Edit: Oh nevermind. I see you were say they were "protecting a lead". I guess the Saints Defense was "protecting" a < 9 point lead whenever Green Bay got the ball after the first quater.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ketsuri View Post
    What game were you watching? After the punt return the score was 17 to 21 and before the kickoff touch down the score was 20 to 28 then it became 27 to 35 after the Sproles kickoff return. They were basically going score for score with a turnover that might be the biggest reason they lost the game (besides defense).
    The Packers defense was on the field after the Saints punt return? What kind of fucked up rules are they playing in your universe?

Also, you're crediting a first-quarter turnover as the difference-maker? Lol.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    If you are seriously having doubts about Matt Ryan after that game, I don't know what to tell you. Despite getting teed off on with the Falcon oline being manhandled, he stood in the pocket like a champ and threw for 312 yards.

It is funny how much people are overreacting to week one. I was going to say I'm surprised but I guess I'm not, people do it every year and look stupid every year. It is one game folks. The Steelers and Falcons are not as bad as they looked Sunday. The Bills and Cam Newton(fucking lol at how many people think he is the second coming of Jesus Christ already) are not as good as they looked Sunday.
    That's how it is every season, surprised? Teams you don't expect to look good look good and teams you don't expect to look like crap look like crap at the start of the season. But around week 8 the good teams rise to the top it's the way the NFL operates, but people are still going to be shocked that Carolina finishes 6-10 and the Falcons make the playoffs. (not sure about the steelers from the past 2 years)

BG Level

NFC South and Matt Ryan are overrated bro. It's not so much "having doubts" it's "knowing the truth".

But you traded 3 drafts away for Julio Jones, so that's p. cool.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

At the same time, teams you think are going to be good end up sucking, and teams that you think will suck end up being pretty good. 6 new playoff teams per year on average.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Kargath

The Packers defense was on the field after the Saints punt return? What kind of fucked up rules are they playing in your universe?

Also, you're crediting a first-quarter turnover as the difference-maker? Lol.
    Saints defense sucked. Green Bay defense sucked. The difference was that Green Bay played great and had no mistakes and the Saints had a turnover and 2 missed red zone conversions.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Ryan lost to the Steelers last year, on the road, with their backup QB in, and then they got destroyed by the Iggles. The other road games, outside of the Saints.. were the Browns, Bucs, Rams, Panthers, and Seahawks. I like Matt Ryan, I really do.. but the Falcons schedule last year was pretty fucking easy..and he struggled against two of the three good teams he faced on the road.

Demosthenes11

I'm not saying henne wasn't good tyche - he looked sharp and the dolphins had a good gameplan (I love their receivers). I really don't consider that a bad performance by the NE secondary, though. Mayo didn't really have a good game, but thats it. For week 1 after a lockout, I'll take that game every time. We started a rookie cornerback too btw who played most of the game

BG Level

Saints defense sucked. Green Bay defense sucked. The difference was that Green Bay played great and had no mistakes and the Saints had a turnover.
    Difference is that the Green Bay defense had two fourth-down stops (as good as a turnover) and forced a third.

But yeah, they sucked.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Difference is that the Green Bay defense had two fourth-down stops (as good as a turnover) and forced a third.

But yeah, they sucked.
    Saints roll out and end up getting off a fucktarded pass on one 4th down and decide to run their RB right up the middle of the second one. Packers are good for stopping that, but the Saints playcalling was also beyond retarded.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Kargath

So 3 stops and 34 points scored on them is good? The Saints had 3 3rd down stops including a 3 an out as well. They were rockin it.

GATTACA!

BG Level

NFC South and Matt Ryan are overrated bro. It's not so much "having doubts" it's "knowing the truth".

But you traded 3 drafts away for Julio Jones, so that's p. cool.
    I don't really care how we are "rated" as long as we make the playoffs, which I think we will. We don't have the same oline chemistry we have had the past few years with Dahl gone and McClure out. No offseason didn't help.

I didn't like the Julio trade but he appears to be Roddy White v2 so I can get over it.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    Saints roll out and end up getting off a fucktarded pass on one 4th down and decide to run their RB right up the middle of the second one. Packers are good for stopping that, but the Saints playcalling was also beyond retarded.
    Would you have preferred the run on the first play and the rollout on the second?

Can't please everyone I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    Ryan lost to the Steelers last year, on the road, with their backup QB in, and then they got destroyed by the Iggles. The other road games, outside of the Saints.. were the Browns, Bucs, Rams, Panthers, and Seahawks. I like Matt Ryan, I really do.. but the Falcons schedule last year was pretty fucking easy..and he struggled against two of the three good teams he faced on the road.
    That was against Kolb, the Eagles don't have him any more.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Would you have preferred the run on the first play and the rollout on the second?

Can't please everyone I guess.
    Yeah. Obviously if they had the run go through on the second one, they'd be like "WHAT A GREAT PLAY" so it does suck dick. I just.. don't think I could trust a rookie on a 4th down in a game deciding play, you know? That first 4th down was just doomed from the start, though. IF ONLY THEY HAD REGGIE BUSH AMIRITE?

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Penthesilea View Post
    That was against Kolb, the Eagles don't have him any more.
    Kolb had a 133 Rating, lol. They made Kevin Kolb look like a pro bowler. Falcons defense.. in the secondary at least.. is so damn bad.

BG Level

So 3 stops and 34 points scored on them is good? The Saints had 3 3rd down stops including a 3 an out as well. They were rockin it.
    and a couple punts and holding to a couple field goals. 34 points weren't scored on the defense either. Are you right about anything?

Point is, Green Bay O and D were playing with a sizable lead (especially the D - 11 points+ between the first and last drive) the whole game. Most teams not coached by Bill Belichek play differently when they have a lead - i.e. doing what it takes given the game situation.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 94 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast