Page 6 of 94 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Feathermoon

1 tie, obv.

I am by far the worst poster in most threads, including Olroy and Mazmaz. I go from 0 to Mad in 0.6 seconds. Also, 8==============D
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    People legitimately think Cleveland will win this game?
    kind of a toss up tbh, but I picked CLE in my pickem. I didn't think they were favored though

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I did a fantastic job of getting nearly all of my picks last week morbidly wrong, but at least I got my break out players right. (mostly)

SUN, SEP 18

Kansas City at Detroit - Picking the Lions in every game until they lose, bandwagon ahoy

Oakland at Buffalo - I'm not sure about this one, but whoever wins this game is going to be getting a huge bump in the infallible, 100% accurate ESPN NFL Power Rankings

Tampa Bay at Minnesota - Tampa looks really bad, when people said they were going to be really good. They better hope Blount rebounds, because Peterson doesn't really have bad games.

Chicago at New Orleans - I said the Bears were terrible, and that lost me a couple fantasy games and a bet. Oh well, they're certainly not terrible and I think the NFC North might end up being one of the best races in the league.

Baltimore at Tennessee - I was chanting 0-16 at half time for the Titans, but after the game it doesn't look quite as bad. They really just don't have any chance at all against the Ravens, though.

Cleveland at Indianapolis - Browns show an interesting ability to score with teams. Good, because the Colts are showing to be an easy team to score on.

Jacksonville at NY Jets - People that overrrated MJD after the Titans win are going to get a sobering wake up call

Seattle at Pittsburgh - Tarvaris Jackson is going to get a season ending injury, and James Harrison is going to get fined

Arizona at Washington - Sexy Rexy

Green Bay at Carolina - Stone cold lock of the century right here.. not really, but I want to pick them in this game just to be edgy

Dallas
    at San Francisco - Romo better win this one, he's in deep shit if he doesn't

San Diego at New England - It's not week >6 yet, so San Diego still sucks.

Houston at Miami - I'll take the Texans if Foster is healthy. He doesn't seem to be, though.

Cincinnati at Denver - Tebow? Maybe, if Orton stinks it up again.

Philadelphia at Atlanta - This will probably define whether or not the Falcons defense is really as bad as they appeared to be against the Bears

MON, SEP 19

St. Louis at NY Giants - I feel sorry for the Rams. They lost their top 2 weapons for multiple weeks, maybe top 3 if Bradford is hurt more than he appears to be. Eli can lose a game against anyone though, so who knows.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

So how many drops did the Denver receiving corps end up having on monday night? seemed like a fuck ton

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Im not sure why you all still give shit to the Bengals.

Look back at 2009. We relied on a good defense and a running game, as well as a fourth place schedule.

This year? Running game is still there and could be better now that big Andre is playing well. Defense is still there, weaker at the secondary but our linebackers and pass rush are the best I've seen them in a decade for the Bengals. And a 4th place schedule. They could feasibly win a lot of their first eight games.

Sure there's no Carson Palmer, but look at what we said about him last year. Look at all the pick sixes, the inability to move around and make plays. Lest we forget, we got rid of the worst offensive coordinator ever. No more predictable play calling.

Im not saying he could outperform Carson Palmer, or even get us to the playoffs, but he's in a good system right now. Relying in defense and the running game worked well for rookie quarterbacks Joe Flacco and Matt Ryan.

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

lolpowerrankings

Pick: 8-8
    ATS: 7-8-1

SUN, SEP 18

Kansas City at Detroit (-9) - It seems like everyone's been singing Matt Stafford's praises since he was drafted, with the caveat of "if only he could stay healthy." Well, the fat-faced ex-Georgia Bulldog took a big step towards being an elite quarterback last week, as he was one of the 78 passers to throw for at least 300 yards and 3 TDs. He also threw a Deion, but we'll ignore that because we feel like it. Kansas City got absolutely manhandled by the Bills at home, but are the Bills any good, or did the Chiefs just take a big step back? I'll go with the latter. KC's first three series: 10 plays, 20 yards, 3 punts. Oh yeah, and their best player is out for the season. Lions win and cover.

Oakland at Buffalo (-3.5) - Two surprising 1-0 teams here. Buffalo bust a huge nut all over Arrowhead, and after a scoring surge late last season, their offense looks like the real deal. But it was the front seven who impressed most, bottling up KC's vaunted rushing attack. How did I not pick Dareus for defensive ROY? Oakland, for all its love of 40 times, operates like a plodding SEC team; run the ball, have a game manager at QB, play solid defense. Unfortunately that only works in college and against bad teams. Make room on the Bills bandwagon, I'm buying a seat. Buffalo wins and covers.

Tampa Bay at Minnesota (-3) - This looks like stealing. A team whose quarterback threw for 39 yards last week is favored against a 10-6 team last year? Tampa Bay was my pick to break into the NFC's elite this season, but they stumbled out of the gate. Freeman looked inconsistent, and Blount's already complaining about a lack of touches. This could be a make-or-break game for the Bucs, especially with Atlanta next week, so I think they'll come out firing. The Vikes are just treading water. Insert Andrew Luck pun here. Tampa Bay gets the road win.

Chicago at New Orleans (-7) - I feel like pulling a Matthew McConaughey right now. I want you all to close your eyes, while I tell you a story. It's a story about a football team, and I want you to imagine this football team. Go ahead, close them. This football team plays lights-out defense. They get to the quarterback, their linebackers are good in coverage, and they stop the run. Their quarterback, while prone to the occasional bonehead play, is a proven winner who is capable of putting up huge numbers when needed. This football team runs the ball and gets its backs involved in the passing game. Their special teams is excellent. This is a great football team. Can you see this football team? Huh? Do you see it? Now this football team, this playoff team, is standing in front of you, a winning team, a well-coached team, a Super Bowl contending team. Do you see it? (I'm crying at this point.) Now imagine it's the Jets. (You weren't thinking about DA BEARS, were you?) I like the Saints, but sustaining success as a one-dimensional offense is tough, and I just don't think Ingram and Thomas are ready to give them that extra element. Chicago in the upset.

Baltimore at Tennessee (+6.5) - Unibrow really stuck it to the Steelers defense, who is "old" all of a sudden. I think it's more so that Baltimore is figuring out how to use its talent. Jettisoning McGahee, Mason and Heap makes the offense younger, faster, and better equipped to exploit a defense's weaknesses. And putting up points early forces the competition to throw early and often, which is music to the ears of Suggs, Reed and company. Tennessee lost the Battle of the Who Cares last week, and oddly enough it was their running game that let them down. Chris Johnson, the league's newest albatross contract, managed just 24 yards on 9 carries. Oy. Ravens win and cover.

Cleveland at Indianapolis (+3) - With a soft schedule and a young nucleus of talent, big things were expected out of the Browns this year. But a quick snap TD from the unlikeliest of sources caught the defense napping, and sent the Dawg Pound home as sullen as ever. I mean, really, Bruce fucking Gradkowski? For fuck's sake. As much as I hate it when people simplify a team's success to their quarterback play, the Colts really do seem like a one-player outfit. Every position seems weaker and overexposed with the greater Manning out, and I don't see Collins doing anything even close to resembling what he was able to do. Hillis had some monster games against the AFC's best last year (@BAL, v.NE) so maybe the sheen of playing Indy will inspire him to beast once again. Browns win and cover.

Jacksonville at NY Jets (-9) - The Jags got a win last week by virtue of playing Tennessee and the rulebook stating that both teams cannot lose. I honestly half-expected a tie, but I digress. Jacksonville looks like the Minnesota of the AFC, I just don't see any direction from this team. At least Jones-Drew showed a little get-up-and-go. The Jets caught a couple of breaks against Dallas, but that doesn't mean they didn't play well. You just don't score 17 unanswered points in the 4th quarter by accident, no matter how much we want to believe it was all luck. I think New York really tries to establish Shonn Greene here and grind out a solid, mistake-free win, which should keep the scoring on the low side. Jets win, Jags cover.

Seattle at Pittsburgh (-15) - Holy 15-point line, Batman! Steeler Nation caught a serious case of umad on Sunday, and you can bet they will take out all of their frustration on college co-eds in bar bathrooms the hapless Seattle offense. When you average 2.9 yards per carry against the 49ers, what do you think Pittsburgh is going to give up? The good news for Seattle is Tavaris Jackson didn't look completely terrible last week, but the bad news is they still have Tavaris Jackson. I think there's a pretty good shot we see Charlie Whitehurst at some point in this game. Still, 15 points? This is the NFL. Steelers win, Seahawks cover.

Arizona at Washington (-4.5) - Arizona gave up 422 passing yards to Scam Newtom.
    http://notqualifiedtocomment.com/wp-...ub-299x300.jpg
    The end. Redskins win and cover.

Green Bay at Carolina (+10.5) - By archie's own admission, the Packers defense won't be as solid as last season. But who cares? Aaron Rodgers is just getting started. This team has so many weapons, the UN is sending inspectors to Green Bay as we speak. There's just no chance Newton puts up numbers like he did last week, and taking into account their pedestrian effort running the ball, it's hard to imagine the Cats keeping up. Packers win and cover.

Dallas at San Francisco (+3) - Ugh. All the matchups in this game seem to favor Dallas. So why do I have such a hard time picking them? Oh yeah, I watched them blow a 14-point 4th quarter lead last week. HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS? Still, I think Romo is an excellent quarterback who was harassed by an excellent defense late in the game. So he should pick apart the '9ers, right? Ted Ginn and David Akers won't come to the rescue for San Fran this time. Dallas wins and covers.

San Diego at New England (-7) - I was watching the first three quarters of Pats/'Fins on Monday with my buddy, a die-hard Miami fan. He just kept saying, "No pressure. No pressure. We gotta get to Brady." It's amazing how well New England pass blocks (and holds) the give Brady time to throw for 60,000,000 yards per game. I don't see San Diego doing any better a job of that than Miami could putting him on the ground. That said, the Bolts have the firepower to answer them score for score. That is, if Vincent Jackson decides to show up. If this game was in San Diego, I would seriously consider picking the Chargers, but the Pats at home is a tall order. New England wins, San Diego covers.

Houston at Miami (+3) - I'll tell you what about the Dolphins, though, they fought tooth and nail in that game. And how good does Tony Sparano look? They seem to have a real good idea of how they want to use Reggie Bush, and the defensive unit as a whole is very solid and it will show against non-Brady mere mortals. Houston caught Indy at the perfect time, which will apparently be all of 2011. Still, I don't like how they pulled in the reins after halftime. Five possessions; two turnovers, two punts, and running out the clock. Meh. They'll need to turn it back on in a hurry, or else they could find themselves trying to climb out of a hole against Cameron Wake and the Miami pass rush. I'll still take them to come away with a win in a very close one. Texans win, Dolphins cover.

Cincinnati at Denver (-4.5) - Ugh, take two. Both Dalton and Gradkowski were able to move the ball, and Benson's 121 yards rushing was a pleasant surprise, although more than half of those came in the 4th quarter when Cleveland's defense looked very tired. But will their defense hold up? I think Orton will be able to find the holes and put up some points. And since I'm picking against the Bengals, I'm sure they'll come away victorious once again. Just for you, Heady. Denver wins, Cincy covers.

Philadelphia at Atlanta (+3) - Did Atlanta just come out flat last week, or were they exposed? Matt Ryan was under pressure all day, but still managed over 300 yards and a 66 completion percentage. Mike Turner turned in a 100 yard game and even managed 40 yards receiving. White, Jones and Gonzalez all had over 60 yards receiving. So what's the problem? The Falcons failed at finishing drives and taking care of the football. Field goals won't cut it against good teams, and they have another one this week. The Eagles looked every bit the part of NFC favorite last week, winning a tough road game in convincing fashion. With all the Vick talk, it was LeSean McCoy who shined, with 137 yards from scrimmage and two TDs. That defense might be pretty damn good too, notching five sacks and a forced fumble from the front four. I think they keep their road mojo working. Eagles win and cover.

MON, SEP 19

St. Louis at NY Giants (-4.5) - All signs point to Bradford being ready to go Monday night. Cadillac Williams looked pretty good in relief of Steven Jackson, and I think with a long week of practice, they should be ready to go. This might end up being a lost season for the G-men, as the injuries up and down their depth chart are just too much to overcome. Not to mention, Eli's gonna Eli. I'll take the Rams in a shootout.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Last Week: 11-5
    Season: 11-5

Kansas City at Detroit
    Oakland at Buffalo
    Tampa Bay at Minnesota
    Chicago at New Orleans
    Baltimore at Tennessee
    Cleveland at Indianapolis
    Jacksonville at NY Jets
    Seattle at Pittsburgh
    Arizona at Washington
    Green Bay at Carolina
    Dallas at San Francisco
    San Diego at New England
    Houston at Miami
    Cincinnati at Denver
    Philadelphia at Atlanta
    St. Louis at NY Giants

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

A note: Miami has never beaten Houston.

Un-Rad Conrad
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Houston at Miami (+3) - I'll tell you what about the Dolphins, though, they fought tooth and nail in that game. And how good does Tony Sparano look? They seem to have a real good idea of how they want to use Reggie Bush, and the defensive unit as a whole is very solid and it will show against non-Brady mere mortals. Houston caught Indy at the perfect time, which will apparently be all of 2011. Still, I don't like how they pulled in the reins after halftime. Five possessions; two turnovers, two punts, and running out the clock. Meh. They'll need to turn it back on in a hurry, or else they could find themselves trying to climb out of a hole against Cameron Wake and the Miami pass rush. I'll still take them to come away with a win in a very close one. Texans win, Dolphins cover.
    Did anyone other than me read this in Gruden's voice?

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

i did once i read your post lol

I am by far the worst poster in most threads, including Olroy and Mazmaz. I go from 0 to Mad in 0.6 seconds. Also, 8==============D
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

not that any of you give a shit, maybe Ducks/ATL/SD fans would remember him.. he's an excellent blocking TE and has always played behind Pro Bowl receiving TEs, could help fill some gaps for the Niners right now

Niners add TE Justin Peelle

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

Benny sapp era over in miami

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

The irony

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Kansas City at Detroit
    Oakland at Buffalo
    Tampa Bay at Minnesota
    Chicago at New Orleans
    Baltimore at Tennessee
    Cleveland at Indianapolis
    Jacksonville at NY Jets
    Seattle at Pittsburgh
    Arizona at Washington
    Green Bay at Carolina
    Dallas at San Francisco
    San Diego at New England
    Houston at Miami
    Cincinnati at Denver
    Philadelphia at Atlanta
    St. Louis at NY Giants

Going 16-0 this week BOOK IT

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

KC @ Detroit Detroit looked pretty good, KC looked fucking awful.
    Oakland @ Buffalo Was Buffalo that good Sunday, or was KC just that bad. Can the Raiders avoid double digit penalty count? We will find out soon enough.
    Tampa Bay @ Minnesota Your not going to win with 39 yards passing.
    Chicago @ New Orleans Chicago surprised me against Atlanta, but there's no way Brees is letting the Saints start 0-2
    Baltimore @ Tennessee If Baltimore does to the Titans what they did to Rapistburger last week, the NFL may need to consider a Mercy Rule
    Cleveland @ Indy Two bad teams playing each other. Nod to Cleveland since there starter wasn't yanked out of retirement two weeks before the season started.
    Jacksonville @ NYJ I don't see the Jets having a 9/11 comeback win over dallas hangover. Jacksonville is the kind of team the Jets have to beat up on if they want to keep pace with the Pats
    Seattle @ Pittsburgh If the Niners can beat the hawks, anyone can.
    Arizona @ Washington Grossman will throw for two Sexy Bombs (ints) but put up 3 TD's to make Kolb 0-2 as a starter
    Green Bay @ Carolina Greenbay by a mile. Only question is if Cam will come close to matching his game 1 performance
    Dallas @ San Francisco I was almost right on the Niners offense last week. Should have picked Special teams instead of Defense. Expect the playbook to be opened up a bit this week against Dallas
    San Diego @ New England Pats could win 128-7 and Bellicheck would bitch about the 7 points and say the team didn't play great.
    Houston @ Miami I expect a couple more good games out of Henne for the sole purpose of cock teasing Miami before reverting back to his second half self.
    Cincinnati @ Denver Our lord and Savior Kyle Orton demands a blood sacrafice. Cinci should suffice.
    Philly @ Atlanta I expect another high scoring game. Turner should be good for two rushing TD's this week to make up for last weeks performance

St. Louis @ NYG Giants win a boring game in prime time.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Oakland @ Buffalo
    Kansas City @ Detroit
    Baltimore @ Tennessee
    Cleveland @ Indianapolis
    Tampa Bay @ Minnesota
    Chicago @ New Orleans
    Jacksonville @ NY Jets
    Seattle @ Pittsburgh
    Arizona @ Washington
    Green Bay @ Carolina
    Dallas @ San Francisco
    Cincinnati @ Denver
    Houston @ Miami
    San Diego @ New England
    Philadelphia @ Atlanta
    St. Louis @ NY Giants

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

Brian Urlacher NFC DPOW

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

Speaking of #54 he might miss Sunday's game he had a death in the family or someone is really sick.

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Get over it like Ed Reed, imo and go out and have like 3 ints.

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinox View Post
    Benny sapp era over in miami
    Valisk'n

As predicted earlier, Will Allen was resigned to play the Nickel corner. Substantial fucking improvement.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 94 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast