+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 98 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

As much as I want to replay FFX I can't stand the slowdown anymore. PAL territories got more content but the game runs like crap.
    On the topic of new additional content: SE has always added new content to ports of other FF games (See FF1,2,4,5 and 6 re-releases) so I don't see why it'd be impossible for this remaster.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I'm not dead guys! No release date or anything though.

Spoiler: show
    Hopefully they've been taking forever because they are doing a PS4 release. pls SE

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

No. No ports/remakes/whatever on PS4 until they release a new full fledged title.

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

As cool as the X port will be, I'd much rather get an HD port of XII IZJS

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

here's hoping X-2 and XII IZJS follow suit, with IZJS getting an English version too

Paging Dr. Nat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Natallon Docere
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    here's hoping X-2 and XII IZJS follow suit, with IZJS getting an English version too
    Yes please although hopefully the whole process won't take as long as X is taking.

SPUULY
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

yeah, I'd like to see the XII IZJS as well.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Dranio View Post
    yeah, I'd like to see the XII IZJS as well.
    Yes please.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Same

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Contributing to the hijacking. XII-IZJS deserves a port/HD/localization more than any other FF title aside from Type-0.

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Natallon View Post
    Yes please although hopefully the whole process won't take as long as X is taking.
    The fact that its been long enough to talk about a port/remake of 12 and we're still getting new titles from FF13 kind of hints at how much SE has stalled.

I'm still amazingly shocked that XI has gone on as long and with as much content as it has.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

it really does seem like a lot of projects were put on the back burner due to XIV's failure.

XI was pretty affected with extremely little content starting from 2011 through to 2012 - this is likely due both to ARR and dev manpower set aside for Adoulin.
    XIII-2 was essentially partially outsourced and LR:FF13 seems to be completely in-house but i suppose dev work isn't perfectly divisible and there are since not everyone is skilled in the same areas they may not have been assigned to help out in redeveloping XIV. also, a ton of shared assets and common engine

I remember reading that FFX HD is being handled by production team 1.. which is kinda odd since they're usually handling big games on the latest console rather than remasters like this. It would appear that HD remastering for FFX might be a more complicated process than it is for 2D versions since it appears that they have to remake all the 3D models..?

edit: its probably also important to note that VS13 was also developed by the same team.. i think. they're probably multi-tasking but spread so thin that certain projects aren't moving at all

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

To be fair, we don't know how far along VS13 is. It might be almost complete and they're just waiting for Sony to reveal PS4. They may very well have been told to not reveal a lot about it due to it being on a next-gen console if it's a release title.

I mean, if they reveal it before PS4 is revealed, it might show too much what the PS4 can handle graphics-wise, or any other potential features of the PS4. If it is a PS4 title, I'm sure we'll get a lot of new trailers, and maybe even a release date.i mean, it's been in production for how long...? How can it not be complete at this point? I get the feeling (and hope) at they have such good confidence about the game that they decided to remake it partway through to be a next-gen title and spend more resources on it.

They did, after all, say the wait would be well worth in, and isn't Sony set to reveal PS4 soon too?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    To be fair, we don't know how far along VS13 is. It might be almost complete and they're just waiting for Sony to reveal PS4. They may very well have been told to not reveal a lot about it due to it being on a next-gen console if it's a release title.
    No way this scenario is possible

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Final Fantasy and launch title does not compute... I don't think SE would ever do that. Even though it would move units like crazy.

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If it's different enough they could call it FF15 and have it out on the console within a year of the launch. If we ever see another announcement like FF9, 10, and 11's I'll be very happy if even one of the games is the same quality.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'm still upset they do a HD remake of FFX... FFIX is leaps and bounds better (probably one of my favorite FF games ever). Where's the remake of that?!

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Its not a remake, its an enhanced port. And FFX gets it because it was for the PS2 and already had the graphics that could be improved.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Another rumor has surfaced, suggesting Final Fantasy X-2 will be joining its mainline brother upon release.

According to a 2ch rumor sourced by FF-Reunion, the lighthearted sequel will be included on the same blu-ray disc as Final Fantasy X HD for PlayStation 3. The PS Vita version will offer each title on a separate cartridge.

Each title is said to also include the expanded International version content and a release is schedule for some time in 2013. This information is supposedly from Jump magazine, and comes from a source who’s been proven reliable before.
    http://www.novacrystallis.com/2013/0...playstation-3/
    http://www.ff-reunion.net/ff/2013/03...10_hd_remaster

It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

That would be exactly how it should be released if true... I am shocked.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 98 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast