+ Reply to Thread
Page 95 of 98 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 ... LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Sphere grid is probably my favorite levelling system during the course of the main game, but holy shit end game twinking is such a tedious nightmare. Took 15 minutes to get everyone 99 SLV while grinding Omega Ruins, 80 minutes spending those 99 SLVs. 80 straight goddamn minutes of menuing, and that's using the 99 item cheat so that I don't have to stop to grind more fucking power spheres.

Had to take a break after to shed excess salt, now time for round 2.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    My last playthrough I was at the same point, got all celestials except wakka and accidentally over grinded. Literally 1 shot every final boss, really regretted it.
    I always just gave them lower level weapons. Made it more interesting.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Not to belabor the point but holy shit the sphere grid takes forever. Got to the point of saying fuck even leveling, just spam 99 item cheat with attribute spheres and master spheres, fill in any blanks to make sure I have 255 of relevant stats, then everything else goes to HP. Even with that done and around 1/3 the grid having been filled in already, it takes ~20 minutes of mashing to fill in the grid per character.

About 800 slots, 2 seconds per slot, means 27 minutes from a pre-built grid. 7 characters means a minimum of 3 hours in the menu WITH CHEATS. Add in the time to farm the necessary items/levels to make the grid and fill it in, and I now understand how my 12 year old self played this for a year straight and never finished the perfect grid.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

It takes like no time with the ap/overdrive weapons.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

The levels are trivial. Getting the items is not.

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The internet has answered my question. From here

For all of Wakka’s goods, you’ll play a minimum of 44 games (read my guide first to see how; yes, there’s a trick). Two five-minute periods per game, seven and a half hours all told (less, if you forfeit select matches). Bet you spend more time hunting down certain fiends for the arena, am I right? Get it done in dedicated sessions or spread it out, your choice. For now, I’ll relegate the specifics to the sidequesting section later. And even that can be pared down if you don’t mind starting over from scratch for each piece.
    So just playing blitz, 7.5 hours min time for Wakka's.

Ugh. But I want the Trophies and I've already gone this far - I unlocked Spirit Lance and Caldabolg in the last couple ofdays. And after a couple of days of playing/figuring out Blitzball I know it won't be a horrible slog through a never ending RNG nightmare like I thought it was going to be. Still though, 7+ hours.

Also, getting spheres in the HD version is stupid easy. Just walk around Besaid murdering fiends for 10 minutes.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

That guy you quoted is awful. 26 is the minimum number of Blitzball games, not 44.

As for spheres, killing stuff in Besaid for 10 minutes is 9 minutes and 30 seconds of waste. Use Distill abilities on Kottos in the Monster Arena. He dies in 4 hits, including the Distill attack. That gets you 40 of your orb of choice. Luck and Fortune spheres are the only ones that are really a pain to farm, but also not at all necessary to max out.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Also, getting more than 9999HP is not really necessary

There's a save editor I might use to finish filling out this sphere grid of HP spheres. Already had everything else done. There's really no difficulty to getting it done other than the time it takes to do the fight over and over and over.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

If you're on PC just use the items thing. That's how I did it, beat all the stat sphere bosses to prove I can get the items, then just instant get them to save the tedium of farming.

I just have Penance and
    Spoiler: show
    Jupiter sigil
    left to go before moving on to X-2.

I did this last night, had already half the grid filled with HP spheres before. Really didn't want to go through the tediousness of filling everyone up with all the stat nodes, would have taken so long killing so many Kottos... let alone the Fortune Spheres. All gotta do now is boss fights I guess, Penance, Dark Aions, and what not. The rest of the content is pretty easy. Just tough out the Blitzball thing, don't try doing it all in one sitting, take breaks from the game. That's what I did.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Sorry for the bump, but I need to defy someone to play this mod

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Came here to post that lol

Dissapointed, missed chance to name character Ahahaha.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Bumping this for some rumor-fuel. Siliconera posted an interview with Shinji Hashimoto, FF brand manager from the Lucca Comics & Games 2016 event. He talks about various games, mentioning FFX-3 too. While he says that it's not possible at the moment since both Nomura and Kitase are occupied, he makes it sound as if it might be happening in the future. Here's a quote from the article:

Hashimoto says Final Fantasy X/X-2’s HD Remaster sold well thanks to all the fans. As far as Final Fantasy X-3 goes, he acknowledges that fans have expectations after having been presented a bit of its plot in the audio drama. However, he says that there’s currently facing a wall that cannot be climbed—with director/character designer Tetsuya Nomura and producer/director Yoshinori Kitase both being occupied, they’re unable to work on Final Fantasy VII Remake, Kingdom Hearts III, and Final Fantasy X-3 all at the same time. Square Enix is focusing more on titles that have been announced for now, so he asks fans to wait a little longer [for anything on Final Fantasy X-3.]

Hashimoto adds that he was reminded just how popular Yuna and Tidus are after seeing plenty of cosplayers at Lucca Comics & Games 2016, and their drama is something that he and the staff would like to continue to cherish.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Is this really surprising? Had they changed their mind about X-3 they would've removed that audio epilogue from subsequent releases of the HD remasters but they didn't. There's also nothing wrong in that epilogue really, most of the wtf stuff comes from that novel book that was released only in Japan and that no one has actually translated yet as far as I know. Even if all that shit is real they could easily ignore it in the game itself.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Not surprising, I guess it's just an 'update' on this, which some people might be interested in.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I really hope they don't. At least not in a game.

Tidus's story ended with X. Yuna's story ended with X-2. Their combined stories ended with the 100% X-2 ending in the way it should have. Let it be.

If they want to release a series of light novels or something, thats cool. I don't want a 3rd game.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Hm..honestly they could easily go either way with a X-3, I mean while the original VII was a mess of a game they found a way to milk the living hell out of that game going forward and backward and all in between, so I don't see why they couldn't do the same with a X-3 in some fashion.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Call me butthurt if you must, that's fine. FF10 is a wonderful game -- one of the best ever. I'm just never going to be able to understand how they can still argue that FF4, 7, 10, and 13 are the FF IP's only bankable commodities. Is it popularity polls? Is it preposterous one-off observations like that which Gokulo just quoted? How can they continue to rationalize giving no attention to their other titles of equal caliber, notoriety, reception, magnificence, etc.? FF5/6/8/9 fans read this sort of news and weep.