+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New Girl     submit to reddit submit to twitter

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

New Girl

Searched for a thread for this but was surprised I didn't see one considering it has Zooey Deschanel.

Premise is girl (Jess) breaks up with her boyfriend, moves in with three male roommates, adorable labradoodle melts their cold stone hearts, and rainbows abound (parts of that might not be 100% accurate..) The pilot was last week.

Honestly, I dunno if it'll be able to break out of any of the cookie-cutter stereotypes it seems to be generating (gruff and sarcastic but loveable male, stupid frat-boy-esque male, interchangeable (literally) athletic black male), but Deschanel has made the past 2 episodes for me. If the cast can develop their chemistry a bit more, ensure they don't follow any of the predicted routes (Jess falling for the roommate who also broke up with his girlfriend recently) and Deschanel keeps being adorable, I'll keep watching~

Pft... who am I kidding -- long as Deschanel keeps being adorable I'll keep watching >.> <.<;

Blackice

Saw the premier, thought it was decent enough to watch the second. I'm worried about one thing with this show though, how long can Zooey keep it afloat? I mean, her being cute and retarded is funny and all... but I don't see it lasting.

Micronesian Thunder
    Get Down On It

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

Show is terrible, only Zooey being ridiculously hot will keep this thing on the air.

E. Body
    BG Level

Personally I like the show, but can't see it lasting very long.

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Intrinsic View Post
    Show is terrible, only Zooey being ridiculously hot will keep this thing on the air.
    Hannah Simone is where it's at!

aduidarnenye

Okay, so the first episode had a black guy named Coach in it. The second episode had a different black guy named Winston (?) moving into one of the bedrooms in the apartment. What happened to Coach?

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Happy Endings got renewed and he was contractually obligated to give it first priority or somehting, if oyu mean plotwise, idk, guess he jsut randomly moved out.

E. Body
    BG Level

meeh, both shows suck, but personally I have to give Eliza Cuthbert more of a chance. But Zooey's char is so much more interesting, but I didn't enjoy ep. 2 that much...

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Pretty sure the reason why the Coach guy left is because that was the pilot which was filmed awhile ago. Watched this show with my gf (what's 20 minutes) and I hated it and she did too. We watched Whitney on NBC later in the week and liked that show much more.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Why isnt this on Hulu yet? Hulu has become such a disappointment.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I thought it was pretty funny, but I kept seeing that Fox logo on the bottom of the channel and knew I shouldn't get too attached...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Thought it was ok, Zooey's character obviously being the main watching point. Schmidt is ok lol, it does seem like they are forcing that character and trying too hard, but it works sometimes. Only laughed a couple of times, but will keep watching and wait for the actors to get comfy in their roles

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

THUMB RING BITCH

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    THUMB RING BITCH
    That shit had me rolling, I loved the "final confrontation" in the episode, fucking made it for me.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

You got schmit on you face!

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    That shit had me rolling, I loved the "final confrontation" in the episode, fucking made it for me.
    same, i was dying when schmidt put on the pikachu hat

aduidarnenye

I didn't understand why the dudes didn't get out of the car to help her carry the TV the second she appeared on the front porch. She was obviously struggling with it and they wanted that TV more than anything else.

E. Body
    BG Level

Totally agree, with Adui. Second one wasn't as good...

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by aduidarnenye View Post
    I didn't understand why the dudes didn't get out of the car to help her carry the TV the second she appeared on the front porch. She was obviously struggling with it and they wanted that TV more than anything else.
    They appeared, to me, to be a little bit in shock at the time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast