1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 18 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 41 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 11 hours, 18 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 22 hours, 41 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
    the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I'm really excited about the field zone redesigns. The Black Shroud, from those tiny/blurry screenshots, is looking more like La Theine. I wonder if the whole Umbral Era really is their planned story-excuse for these changes. If so, it seems they may have got a little premature with it.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Even after all the fixes, i fear that this game still won't succeed.

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Agito View Post
    I wouldn't say that, they're addressing a lot of the BS slowly, transportation issues will be gone later today, leveling up looks like its going to be much much faster, spells being castable in passive mode are all major gripes people have with XIV.

Now we will start getting into class balance issues, slowly but surely I think this game is going to rape XI.

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

dbl

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lordender View Post
    I wouldn't say that, they're addressing a lot of the BS slowly, transportation issues will be gone later today, leveling up looks like its going to be much much faster, spells being castable in passive mode are all major gripes people have with XIV.

Now we will start getting into class balance issues, slowly but surely I think this game is going to rape XI.
    It will never beat XI

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

It will never beat XI

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Siatdiat View Post
    Wonder what its like for non english speaking countries in a reverse situation where an American or British company is presenting something live to viewers world wide? I mark this down to people who speak english being used to being catered to first. I guess they could have had different feeds being translated live into different languages? I'm usually quick to criticise SE but I think its a bit unfair to expect more from this specific event. I'm sure it will all be translated and posted together before too long.
    Touche, I guess. English has close to 1.8 billion speakers world wide, so if you had to choose one language to communicate worldwide, you might as well pick English. SE is trying to make FFXIV bounce back from its shitty launch, and they advertise this event for all languages, but we get the information slowly, and we get to miss all the fun banter and jokes throughout the livefeed. There's a ton of different ways they could have done this that would cater to everyone.

My main issue is that they advertised it in all the languages they support, and they asked people to submit questions to #XIVLive, but they pretty much ignored all the questions that weren't in Japanese. I saw a lot of questions about unreleased classes and specific questions about Jobs that got completely passed up. I'd rather the event be semi-live and cater to everyone regardless of the language you speak.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Linkshell administration options, delivery system, proper buy/sell system (like an auction house), better searching... all huge issues that haven't been addressed and there's EVEN MORE THAN THAT. Yoshida's about right when he says they're only about halfway there.
    I can't see it raping XI in its prime though, I just don't see that potential. I hope it happens but I don't see it.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

It probably won't, but I still say this game will be far better than XI was once it's in an acceptable state.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Burningthought View Post
    Touche, I guess. English has close to 1.8 billion speakers world wide, so if you had to choose one language to communicate worldwide, you might as well pick English. SE is trying to make FFXIV bounce back from its shitty launch, and they advertise this event for all languages, but we get the information slowly, and we get to miss all the fun banter and jokes throughout the livefeed. There's a ton of different ways they could have done this that would cater to everyone.

My main issue is that they advertised it in all the languages they support, and they asked people to submit questions to #XIVLive, but they pretty much ignored all the questions that weren't in Japanese. I saw a lot of questions about unreleased classes and specific questions about Jobs that got completely passed up. I'd rather the event be semi-live and cater to everyone regardless of the language you speak.
    Well, I understand why everyone was irritable when outcome didn't meet expectations. Maybe they will see all the complaints and work out a better system for the next live event this month.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Hydraxis

Quote Originally Posted by Agito View Post
    I just dont think that they will ever convince people who have already played it and quit to actually pay money for this game now, no matter how much it gets fixed. Its been a year people, and the fact that ToR and GW2 are coming soon makes it even worse. I think that the influx of subs coming from a PS3 launch wont be enough to sustain the game, and the audience that they were (or should have been) trying to cater to, the XI crowd, have mostly already played and gave up. There are still quite a few people playing, but I also feel that at least half of them will stop when pay to play starts. I myself still have my characters and log in from time to time, and I really am hoping that these changes make a GIGANTIC difference, but unless these changes completely change the game, I wont be paying. One thing that I also fear is that the economy (if you want to acknowledge that there is one, lol) will be even more broken when they relaunch this on PS3. People that have stuck with this game over the past year have millions and millions of gil, and they will control the market on just about everything because they dont have to worry about making gil. The newer players will suffer for this. Again, I REALLY hope I am wrong, and will gladly go back to XIV if it all goes right, but realistically, I just feel this game will never make it, no matter what they do.

I do think that what they have shown recently looks amazing and that they are really putting effort into fixing the game, but I think its just too late.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

The materia looks like a good system that will cause people to unload all that hoarded up gil. I also expect that there will be new servers made, and people can start on a brand new server at the re-launch. The pace seems to be speeding up, if their pace stays the same or keeps building the game should be pretty solid before too much longer. I'm basing "too much longer" off of the fact the game has already been out a year of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Siatdiat View Post
    I also expect that there will be new servers made, and people can start on a brand new server at the re-launch.
    If this doesn't happen, a lot of people will never come back. I have no idea what the actual numbers are but I'm under the impression most of the player base has hundreds of millions of gil, maybe even a few with billions at this point.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Was reading through the transcript posted today and saw this:

Q: After Ifrit, will we see Titan introduced?
    A: Hmm… Is it alright for me to show this? I believe the character in this image kind of shows what's coming next. I'm sure I can talk more about it sometime soon. What's shown in the image will be the next challenge after Ifrit. And it is planned to come with lots of new challenges.
    (Additional note: Check out the footage for this one!)
    No timestamp mentioned, so does anyone know what he show? Was it the sword/bow?

*Edit*
    After few starts and stops, there's a picture he goes to hold up and then jerks it away real quick and it's a bow that has wings on it. Was that it, assuming it's Garuda's Bow?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by TacoTaru View Post
    Was reading through the transcript posted today and saw this:

No timestamp mentioned, so does anyone know what he show? Was it the sword/bow?

*Edit*
    After few starts and stops, there's a picture he goes to hold up and then jerks it away real quick and it's a bow that has wings on it. Was that it, assuming it's Garuda's Bow?
    Yep. Looks like Garuda is our next primal fight. I have to say I'm actually surprised they aren't using Titan or Leviathan first.