Closed Thread
Page 6 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast
    If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Cleverness View Post
    I don't get Ravens games here really, so I'm just going by their overall stats so far this season which are pretty close. Aside from misc. plays shown on Sportscenter I don't know how he's been doing in games so far this season. Flacco that close to Sanchez on the list leads me to believe he's having an 'ehhh' season so far, which I think is a fair assumption to make considering it's, well, Mark Sanchez.
    I didn't watch the shitfest game that flacco had, but the other 2 he's been pretty baller. Stats don't say everything, but Flacco has had 1 more TD that sanchez (which most of his TDs have been set up by defensive turn overs <20 yd line), 2 less ints and 3 less sacks. I'd say he's been pretty good. Again, stats don't say everything, especially such a new stat, but total QBR has flacco ranked 11th, and Sanchez at 27.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Lots of Chargers Injuries
    Spoiler: show
    Chargers running back Ryan Mathews missed practice Thursday because of an injured left foot, a setback coming on the heels of what coach Norv Turner felt was his best game as a pro.

Mathews ran 21 times for 98 yards and two touchdowns, and had four receptions for 51 yards in a 20-17 victory over the Kansas City Chiefs.

A lack of practice snaps hinders the momentum built on Sunday, but Mathews is confident his foot won't impede his progress.

"Practice certainly helps with timing, but I'm comfortable with the game plan," he said. "I'll get a full practice in tomorrow and I believe I'll be ready to go on Sunday."

Mike Tolbert, the other half of the Chargers' two-back system, is healthy and ready to go after sustaining a minor calf injury Sept. 18 against New England.

"We're lucky that we have two quality backs in Mike and Ryan, who do a lot for us," Turner said. "With that said, we'll use the rushers that match up best with the Dolphins' defense."

Also missing practice were defensive end Jacques Cesaire (knee), receivers Vincent Jackson (abdomen) and Malcom Floyd (groin), cornerback Quentin Jammer (hamstring) and tight end Antonio Gates (foot). The likelihood of Gates playing on Sunday has decreased significantly.

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Daniel Thomas (hamstring) was held out of practice on Friday.

Thomas' absence is a major concern after his early-season hamstring injury "flared up" in Thursday's practice. At this point, he can't be expected to play against the Chargers. We wouldn't go rushing to the waiver wire to add Steve Slaton just yet; he doesn't even know the offense. If Thomas does sit out, Reggie Bush is a good bet for 15-20 touches with Lex Hilliard handling short-yardage work.

Source: Palm Beach Post

Sep 30 - 12:27 PM
    ^

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Daniel Thomas (hamstring) was held out of practice on Friday.

Thomas' absence is a major concern after his early-season hamstring injury "flared up" in Thursday's practice. At this point, he can't be expected to play against the Chargers. We wouldn't go rushing to the waiver wire to add Steve Slaton just yet; he doesn't even know the offense. If Thomas does sit out, Reggie Bush is a good bet for 15-20 touches with Lex Hilliard handling short-yardage work.

Source: Palm Beach Post

Sep 30 - 12:27 PM
    ^

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

valisk'n

Un-Rad Conrad
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Someone talk me into (or out of) HOU beating PIT, and/or OAK beating NE

Demosthenes11

On one hand, raiders are the perfect team to play the pats (great pass-rush and good running game), but I have a real hard time seeing the patriots lose 2 in a row.

BB said he spent a lot of the offseason looking at raiders tape, so I think they should be pretty prepared

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11 View Post
    On one hand, raiders are the perfect team to play the pats (great pass-rush and good running game), but I have a real hard time seeing the patriots lose 2 in a row.

BB said he spent a lot of the previous season video taping raiders practices, so I think they should be pretty prepared
    fixed it for ya

Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Supposedly a memo went out reminding teams that mimicing snap cadences is a 15yd penalty.

Guess Costa wasn't as shitty as he seemed to be.... or they're just coverin their asses so the cowboys would stfu

Un-Rad Conrad
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Also BQBL people make your picks

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Silentleroy View Post
    Supposedly a memo went out reminding teams that mimicing snap cadences is a 15yd penalty.

Guess Costa wasn't as shitty as he seemed to be.... or they're just coverin their asses so the cowboys would stfu
    They called the penalty in the Baltimore game earlier in the day, so it's been out there. Just don't know if it was being enforced heavily.

Your center should still know his QBs voice though, or have a backup plan to change your cadence.

Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Man0warr View Post
    They called the penalty in the Baltimore game earlier in the day, so it's been out there. Just don't know if it was being enforced heavily.

Your center should still know his QBs voice though, or have a backup plan to change your cadence.
    The game was terribly officiated, that's for sure. Hell, there was even like 4-5 flags that were "There are no penalties on the play"

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Valisk View Post
    I lol'd.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Curtis Painter officially named the starter for Monday
    Ryan Grant ruled out for Sunday (bruised kidney)
    Chris Harris tweaked his hammy and is unlikeyl to play vs. CAR

Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Demos is this a fluke int.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

i'd bet it's the latter. same with the flopping thing, of course they're gonna deny it but really everyone knows what really goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordender View Post

I love how they blantantly ripped off The Onion from last year in the Felix Jones run column.

San Francisco 49ers
    Player To Watch: Veteran Brian Westbrook is always a threat to explode into a cloud of ligaments and bone

Demosthenes11

Demos is this a fluke int.
    no thats the cowboys being terrible

Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

TB is terrible then, bro.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast