1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 16 hours, 43 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 7 hours, 16 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 9 hours, 43 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 0 hours, 16 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: 1.19 Notes     submit to reddit submit to twitter

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Quote Originally Posted by xopher View Post
    you guys keep acting pleased and theyre gonna think they can start charging monthly
    Relax bro. They're not being stupid. You won't be getting charged till PS3 release.

^ and I doubt that will happen before the jobs/zone revamp patch, so early 2012?

XI was, and will always be, better.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by avelle View Post
    sweet jesus, this is all the patch could contain and I would be happy

/e my quote only included the picture lol... but Im in love with no longer having to manually block

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by Cichy View Post
    ^ and I doubt that will happen before the jobs/zone revamp patch, so early 2012?
    I'm looking @ late spring or early summer as their target. They have at least 1.21 and 1-2 more patches before it's release quality.

We'll probably get 1.21 late Dec. - mid Jan area. PS3 beta early 2012.

I'd love to level a lancer but I think will save it for jobs update, so I can get AF as it comes out and lvl with all that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by MysteryMithra View Post
    "Ifrit bleeds, we can kill it."

I admit, it made me smile. lol
    I don't know why they bothered with the rest of the notes. This one had me grinning like a moron for 5 minutes. FFXIV localization team is A++++++++.

But whoever is behind these bizarre PGL adjustments needs to take a good, hard look in the mirror. And then punch it. And then order a new one.

Spoiler: show
    But a new mirror never comes.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

True, that PGL adjustment seems WAY off. I was hoping they'd get rid of the MP cost for light strike and the evasion flag to use some of their weaponskills.

Though I'm crossing my fingers classes are balanced more than anything.

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    True, that PGL adjustment seems WAY off. I was hoping they'd get rid of the MP cost for light strike and the evasion flag to use some of their weaponskills.

Though I'm crossing my fingers classes are balanced more than anything.
    I'm betting their reasoning is lying with keeping the classes solo friendly and the jobs party friendly. Can use the MP that's going to be generated from feather foot towards cure/sacrifice, not just light strike. Really going to depend on how much the MP recovered is.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I guess Featherstep's MP regen was to offset the fact light strike and pummel and stuff take MP, but why do they even take MP in the first place? I mean, I can kinda see Light Strike taking MP just because it gives a buff, but pummel is just damage and it takes twice as much mp as light strike. :/

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anthonystar View Post
    I'm betting their reasoning is lying with keeping the classes solo friendly and the jobs party friendly. Can use the MP that's going to be generated from feather foot towards cure/sacrifice, not just light strike. Really going to depend on how much the MP recovered is.
    That is a pretty good point since PGL has the worst MP pool of all classes.

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Another thing to consider is PGL MP pool might increase significantly now that they control base stats.

Pretty sure that's MRD, haven't played it in forever tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    I'm with you there, MRD MP pool is shiiiiitty.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

PGL's isn't the worst... and yes, the Featherfoot bonus is most definitely to give the class a natural way to recover MP when two of their three basic attacks cost MP.

My initial assumption when they made those adjustments to Pummel/Light Strike was that the future of the class (or monk job) might revolve around MP costs (White Monk, anyone?). This is encouraging me to continue to hope that is the case.

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    PGL's isn't the worst... and yes, the Featherfoot bonus is most definitely to give the class a natural way to recover MP when two of their three basic attacks cost MP.

My initial assumption when they made those adjustments to Pummel/Light Strike was that the future of the class (or monk job) might revolve around MP costs (White Monk, anyone?). This is encouraging me to continue to hope that is the case.
    Chi-blast is gonna cost mana! Build that MND for Kirin Boost 2012

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Maybe. I keep forgetting MRD even exists.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Anthonystar View Post
    Don't worry in a month people will be pissed there wasn't enough to do. Happened last patch when everyone was praising it before hand.
    Content is at a level now (1.19) that a new player should always have enough to do. By the time they even start farming the rank 50 content there will be more raids, more dungeons etc. The more content the more spread out your time. We got done with Darkhold after a few weeks because that's all there was, it was farmed daily. Newer/returning players will have to spread their time and content like that will last months rather than weeks. Current players will forever be screaming for more.

I'm not worried about the possibility of SE charging. If the game was released in its current state at launch there would be nowhere near as many complaints and I'd have happily paid. By the time we all ranked classes to 50 there would be more content anyway. I'd be very surprised if they don't start charging and release PS3 version around 1.21 or 1.22. We're talking February to April here.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

[dev1152] Characters now switch between passive and active modes more swiftly. Furthermore, the animation for when switching modes while moving has been adjusted.
    FFXIV fixes in 1 year what I've been wanting done to XI for 9......

Notes overall sound terrific, particularly the streamlining of crafting to not require specific variants of a given item given how fucking many of them there were.

I'm confused by the removal of the main level though. Do each of our classes now have their own set of attribute points (based on current level) to slot in?

[EDIT] Oh, is all automated now............ Yay for not being able to pack on VIT to give my Lalafell some additional HP. Shame there appears to be zero notes on performance improvements in the game. There's the FPS limit now, but my PC can even rarely hit 30. The constant thrashing of my hard drive picking out these hundreds of thousands of tiny files/folders is what's hurting my performance.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Content is at a level now (1.19) that a new player should always have enough to do. By the time they even start farming the rank 50 content there will be more raids, more dungeons etc. The more content the more spread out your time. We got done with Darkhold after a few weeks because that's all there was, it was farmed daily. Newer/returning players will have to spread their time and content like that will last months rather than weeks. Current players will forever be screaming for more.

I'm not worried about the possibility of SE charging. If the game was released in its current state at launch there would be nowhere near as many complaints and I'd have happily paid. By the time we all ranked classes to 50 there would be more content anyway. I'd be very surprised if they don't start charging and release PS3 version around 1.21 or 1.22. We're talking February to April here.
    I don't expect the PS3 release to happen till the server and zone overhauls are done. In fact I expect the eventual PS3 beta test to be the first look at the zone overhauls; what better way to generate excitement for an upcoming release then to give the PS3 testers something that isn't even on the live server yet, and as a beta they would be ideal people to try and break the new foundations of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    FFXIV fixes in 1 year what I've been wanting done to XI for 9......

Notes overall sound terrific, particularly the streamlining of crafting to not require specific variants of a given item given how fucking many of them there were.

I'm confused by the removal of the main level though. Do each of our classes now have their own set of attribute points (based on current level) to slot in?

[EDIT] Oh, is all automated now............ Yay for not being able to pack on VIT to give my Lalafell some additional HP...
    Patch 1.20 is going re-implement the manual point allocation except it will be on a class by class basis instead of universal, it just wasn't ready this patch.

New Odin
    BG Level

Automatic allocation seems rather pointless to me anyhow, perhaps it helps noobs but with "optional" allocation around the community will dictate how stats are distributed... so in the end the auto-allocation is useless. Not too big of a deal tho.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast