1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 32 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 27 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 14 hours, 32 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 19 hours, 27 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: 1.19 Notes     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

[edit] Nevermind, had it backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    Automatic allocation seems rather pointless to me anyhow, perhaps it helps noobs but with "optional" allocation around the community will dictate how stats are distributed... so in the end the auto-allocation is useless. Not too big of a deal tho.
    It's a huge deal if you weren't willing to sit for hours re-allocating stats when you decided to switch classes.

New Odin
    BG Level

That has nothing to do with what I'm saying lol

That has nothing to do with what I'm saying lol
    You're making it seem like manually allocating your stats to the "best" set-up requires no effort (and thus everyone would do it anyway, making auto-allocation irrelevant) when that's definitely not true.

New Odin
    BG Level

You aren't going to re-allocate stats everytime you switch classes because they are now class-specific. Which is one of the major points that enables the devs to make the stats actually matter in the first place.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I actually prefer auto-allocation because it seems easier to balance the stats and you can actually have some points in lesser used stats. With manual allocation it's just going to go back to str/vit/dex, vit/mnd/pie, vit/int/pie etc

Only reason why auto-allocation is a bad idea atm is because classes are so flexible (although this only really applies to mages) and that could be solved by having pre-set stat dists for classes (int heavy, pie heavy and so forth)

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Take a screenshot of your stats before the patch and compare to after.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Can't remember exactly because I have redone stats to mage dist for thm but I had 128str/121vit/114dex or something similar for a while on LNC, I changed that to 140/100/110 when I realised I didn't actually need that much VIT or 'Acc' for ogre and would have had it at 80 if we didn't spam raids. With gear and traits I think I had 176/115/130/0/0/0

With the removal of mdef/MP MND is pretty useless and INT always has been for melee. This leaves PIE which will boost TP/MP Siphon and MP now, so might have that up to 40 (doubt I'll bother with 80, unless I find myself in dire need of the extra MP)

New Odin
    BG Level

I'd prefer auto-allocation too but since we are getting both, auto-allocation will be like XI's auto-group.

I hope there will be multiple builds at least. That should be entertaining.

SPOONY BeARD
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dakin Reyes
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I wouldn't mind just having automatic allocation for stats on a class to class basis and letting gear choice dictate stat bonuses. By the time everything is figured out, there will be optimal stat allocations for each class anyways, dictated by the community.

Remember Diablo 2? For multiple builds on each class there was an optimal stat allocation (minimum STR/DEX for equipment, then dump in VIT).

The new system SE is pushing towards sounds like a combination of what we currently have (manual stat allocation) + Diablo 3's system (automatic stat allocation w/ gear playing the biggest roll). SE said they are adjusting stat contribution on gear so higher ranks have a noticeable effect on the character, making gear choice a bigger factor. I kinda like it.

I'd prefer auto-allocation with customization only going so far as the Xstat->Ystat traits we have. Maybe make them a bit more potent tho (lower tier to 10, higher tier to 20 maybe).

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Yeah, that's right. Fix this game. Its been a solid year, hasn't it?

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Won't be fixed till jobs are out.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Now you're borderline trolling with that crap.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

What? Its been a year since the game came out? Good to see solid fixes on its near-anniversary. You're too quick to hit the "troll" panic button. Try to relax a little.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    What? Its been a year since the game came out? Good to see solid fixes on its near-anniversary. You're too quick to hit the "troll" panic button. Try to relax a little.
    He's talking about Draylo.

New Odin
    BG Level

I wonder what he could mean by that comment of his.

Could you elaborate a bit on it? What will happen when Jobs come out? Is there a particular one you'd be interested in trying?

Don't leave us in the dark, now!

Tottenham 'til I die
    BG Level

I wonder what he could mean by that comment of his.

Could you elaborate a bit on it? What will happen when Jobs come out? Is there a particular one you'd be interested in trying?

Don't leave us in the dark, now!
    Nudge Nudge Wink Wink

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

IT'S FUNNIE CAUSE YOUR OBBSESSED WITH BLUE MAGE FROM FFXI!!!!!

[dev1149] Players will no longer be able to select a new action command before the current action has been executed.
    Didn't stand out to me 1st time around but this probably means you won't be able to do Jarring Strike and Haymaker off the same evade.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast