1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 36 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 23 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 14 hours, 36 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 19 hours, 23 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: 1.19 Notes     submit to reddit submit to twitter

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Being drunk and looking at the notes again has me pretty excited... course that could just be the booze, but go SE! I wish you luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Patch looks epic, hopefully they keep up the good work.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Keep it up SE finally starting to get the idea, although I feel they could of paid more attention to actual character progression but I cannot moan finally an awesome patch keep up the work.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Didn't stand out to me 1st time around but this probably means you won't be able to do Jarring Strike and Haymaker off the same evade.

Yeah didn't love this; I read it as no longer being able to queue up another action before the current is fully finished (e.g. casting scourge and basically have banish follow immediately). Not a big deal; we'll see.

Overall very cool; exp / link bonus should make grinding substantially more interesting and faster. The materia system is going to incite some huge ragefests; for those who played Aion, it would be like trying to socket your 6th manastone in a yellow rare piece of gear, failing, and losing your gear in addition to the previous 5 manastones (at least that's how I read it).

Very curious about the gathering fatigue comment; if it's gone completely, I'm sort of amped to finish fishing faster, but the prices of anything not fished exclusively in schools (e.g. red coral, blue coral) are going to crater from bots.

The only thing about the gathering bit is bots are now even more efficient.

Instead of having to level multiple characters to exhaust each one's fatigue they can just gather all day to their automated content.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgang View Post

Overall very cool; exp / link bonus should make grinding substantially more interesting and faster. The materia system is going to incite some huge ragefests; for those who played Aion, it would be like trying to socket your 6th manastone in a yellow rare piece of gear, failing, and losing your gear in addition to the previous 5 manastones (at least that's how I read it).
    Yeah, but the content is supposed to be centered around you only having 1 Materia. Doing more should make you "slightly OP" so it might be worth the risk for some and other's can easily decide to ignore it.

From what I read 1 materia is safe, 2 is "forbidden" so it has a high chance to break, and some pieces of gear can carry up to 3 and that's very rare success chance

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    The only thing about the gathering bit is bots are now even more efficient.

Instead of having to level multiple characters to exhaust each one's fatigue they can just gather all day to their automated content.
    Yeah and to compensate for the increase in gathering they've severely nerfed the yields from the items. Wasting today converting 690 logs to lumber just so I don't lose out in the patch.

These whiners who don't gather were warned that if gathering fatigue is removed SE would make you spend a lot more time gathering to get the same materials, but they wouldn't listen.

I'm starting to think this forum is a bad idea. It's filled with people whining and crying about every little thing, and while it leads to some good changes being made it also leads to some awful decisions like this one.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Hmm just realized I don't remember reading anything in the notes about the Action Bar menu retaining abilities after changing classes. Did that get pushed back to 1.19a?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    Hmm just realized I don't remember reading anything in the notes about the Action Bar menu retaining abilities after changing classes. Did that get pushed back to 1.19a?
    Yeah, they've said it will get pushed back in a post some time ago already.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    I was just thinking about that. It was said that would be close if it made it to 1.19, so I'm assuming it was pushed to 1.19a.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    These whiners who don't gather were warned that if gathering fatigue is removed SE would make you spend a lot more time gathering to get the same materials, but they wouldn't listen.
    Quite annoyed about this. Holding out hope it's not as bad as I fear.

I don't remember them ever giving a timeframe for the action bar memory thing. I'm pretty sure in a QA they just said it's planned but because it's such a simple, extremely convenient, much needed thing, it's gonna take a while.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Jamison View Post
    Quite annoyed about this. Holding out hope it's not as bad as I fear.
    Well if the drop rates are the same you'll have to gather for four times as long to get the same lumber as you would pre-1.19. But with all those node changes I doubt the drop rates will be the same. Who knows what they've done, it could be a max of one log per chop too for all we know. SE is cutting yields on crafting so why not gathering too? We'll have to wait and see.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Did they say they were going to nerf the yield rate on DoLs?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Also won't need as much yield. Market was flooded with unbought mats as it was. One Miner can supply like two crafters, maybe even three, as it is under current system. Yield could be lower with this system and it would appropriate imo.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Theres a bunch of new tracks coming to FFXIV in 1.19. Some are being used from the album but some are brand new. It doesn't sound at all like Uematsu: http://blog.jp.square-enix.com/music/cm_blog/

Its the first post. Just scroll to the bottom of that post and hit play. 14 songs samples in 1. Sounds good. Ifrit theme sounds pretty obvious...

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I love every single one of those tracks, they -surprisingly- don't sound boring at all :D

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Middle eastern remix sounds really nice.

Not liking the chocobo stuff at all, but the rest is good.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast